PDA

View Full Version : Marauder wanted- Detroit- Cash in hand..

Matt In Detroit
04-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Send pics of what you have, no black cars, must be very nice, over 50k miles need not apply. Im not interested in driving across the country, preferably local or within 100 miles.

Send pics and info to me -- mmondro@ford.com

Include price and pertinent info.

ixlr8
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Not even 58,000 miles? You can always get it shipped....:o

Matt In Detroit
05-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I saw yours for sale, i considered it. Nice car.

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Matt, Mercury only built 11,052 of these cars to begin with; the majority of those are black, and with the wrecks and all, a bunch of the color cars are already gone.

I can understand the mileage limit, but why restrict yourself to a location radius? IMO, you're going to have better luck looking nation-wide and then deciding either to get the car shipped, or taking a one-way flight and driving the car home.

Matt In Detroit
05-03-2009, 05:38 AM
Cheese, I totally agreee. Im looking nationwide still and if the right car pops up, ill do what i have to do. I did have a bad experience once on a long distance deal that i had shipped in and it still burns me, they even sent me a bunch of digital pics. So thats why im still a bit gun shy on just looking at pics then shipping one. So id have to fly out and see it in person. Im trying to close the deal on a MM today. If it were me id probably go for hotmercs black one, but the wife absolutely doesnt want black. Id love to have one pop up close to home, but i know that might not happen. With my post I was hoping to draw out someone who was thinking about selling and hadn't put it up yet.

Ms. Denmark
05-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Good Luck finding your new Marauder. Keep us posted.:)

SC Cheesehead
05-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Cheese, I totally agreee. Im looking nationwide still and if the right car pops up, ill do what i have to do. I did have a bad experience once on a long distance deal that i had shipped in and it still burns me, they even sent me a bunch of digital pics. So thats why im still a bit gun shy on just looking at pics then shipping one. So id have to fly out and see it in person. Im trying to close the deal on a MM today. If it were me id probably go for hotmercs black one, but the wife absolutely doesnt want black. Id love to have one pop up close to home, but i know that might not happen. With my post I was hoping to draw out someone who was thinking about selling and hadn't put it up yet.

Gotcha. I see where you're coming from, good luck on your search!

Matt In Detroit
05-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Looks like the deal is basically done on a spectacular MM. Ill let you all see it soon.

fast dtr
05-04-2009, 04:45 AM
I have a DTR for sale 6.000 miles PM me if you would like to know more.

Matt In Detroit
05-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Is this in the autotrader locally?

fast dtr
05-05-2009, 04:53 AM
Is this in the autotrader locally?
Yes it is, I know the price is high.

Matt In Detroit
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM
I appreciate all the leads. I already have a verbal commitment to buy a car so I think im done. Going to get it Thursday, so i will let you guys see a few pics when I get it in my driveway. Its a car you all know. After looking for a few weeks, the cars and condition run the gamut. Anything you want from $5k beaters with 170k on them to $32k with 700 miles. Anyway this has been kind of fun but in a way im glad we're done.

O's Fan Rich
05-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I appreciate all the leads. I already have a verbal commitment to buy a car so I think im done. Going to get it Thursday, so i will let you guys see a few pics when I get it in my driveway. Its a car you all know. After looking for a few weeks, the cars and condition run the gamut. Anything you want from $5k beaters with 170k on them to $32k with 700 miles. Anyway this has been kind of fun but in a way im glad we're done.

Going for an airplane ride, Matt?:D

Matt In Detroit
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Nope, short ride out of the state. Its not for_honors car.

O's Fan Rich
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Nope, short ride out of the state. Its not for_honors car.

Darn! Thought I'd won the prize!!!

That means a nice Blue is still for sale......

ixlr8
05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Darn! Thought I'd won the prize!!!

That means a nice Blue is still for sale......

I know what you mean - tough to sell in this market. The right buyer has to come along.