View Full Version : Photo Challenge ideas - week 1

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Here it is week one...

whats some ideas?

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Marauder macro.

Even those with point and shoots should be able to do this with a steady hand.

sd8683
04-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Marauder macro.

Even those with point and shoots should be able to do this with a steady hand.

Marauder Macro???

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
macro is very close up pictures... shoot in macro mode. (example - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_photography

Im not sure if some people know what its about or how to do it.

I thought of a great one to kick things off.

What about: Bath time Marauders?

Doesnt matter if you use the self serve car wash, touchless, automatic, hand wash.... as long as it soapy and wet

offroadkarter
04-30-2009, 05:45 PM
How bout marauder powerslides? :D

Blackened300a
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM

Why suggest a topic that you could never enter your car in? :D

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM

ouch.....

and that would require a 2nd person

sd8683
04-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Whats a powerslide?

offroadkarter
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM

haha, sez you! :D

Blackened300a
04-30-2009, 06:56 PM
haha, sez you! :D

Fine Ill take a pic of your car while doing your mighty powerslide and you do the same for me.

Deal?

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
I dont let others drive the MM, and I dont trust anyone else to get a shot I like.

Plus I already need new shoes all around.... NO POWERSLIDES FOR ME.

More topics people.

Also being as I have volunteered to run this shin dig, I will select a topic on Friday (unless one is choosen by suggestions from multiple people), just to get the ball rolling so we have a topic to shoot this weekend

sd8683
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
What is it like drifting?

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
What is it like drifting?

google is your friend....

yes it is like sliding around a corner while spinning the tires

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2009, 07:34 PM
macro is very close up pictures... shoot in macro mode. (example - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_photography

Im not sure if some people know what its about or how to do it.

Indeed...and therefore a good suggestion.
A theme that reqires a bit of invention, and thought.
A theme that takes those of whom enjoy photography to expand their experience and knowledge.

Realistically speaking...these challenges aren't really challenges at all if the topics continue to be so unexceptional and prosaic. :sleepy:

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
that is true.... its more getting people with cameras and marauder involved more with photography.

Dont get me wrong I like the idea and have already had ideas of what kinds of macro shoots to try.

Im just letting people throw out ideas

a_d_a_m
04-30-2009, 07:59 PM
these challenges aren't really challenges at all if the topics continue to be so unexceptional and prosaic. :sleepy:

I propose one of the challenges is to drink a case of beer, spin around in a circle for 10 minutes, then take the best picture of your car that you can. :beer::stupid:

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I propose one of the challenges is to drink a case of beer, spin around in a circle for 10 minutes, then take the best picture of your car that you can. :beer::stupid:

I'll win because I have the biggest battery of f1.8 lenses in the club right now LOL!

But I really like your idea...helluva lot more creative than side by sides!

oldekid
04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Aren't we limiting ourselves by insisting that there always be a "Marauder" involved? I know this is a Marauder site, but this forum is simply titled "Photography Forum".

I enjoy taking pictures of my car, but that is not the total extent of what I do. This site does seem to thrive on mostly car pics, but are we too shallow minded to go beyond that?

I think the idea in creating this site was to promote photography. If cars are the specified theme, then let's at least open it up to all cars, at minimum.

Just my thoughts.

CRUZTAKER
04-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Aren't we limiting ourselves by insisting that there always be a "Marauder" involved? ....

OMG!

Someone I respect had the balls to step up.;)
I never wanted to say anything...but there was only so much I could share if the topic was always a CAR :lol:

Black_Noise
04-30-2009, 09:05 PM
do whatever, suggest stuff.

But it you really want to do photography stuff, and learn about it, join a photography forum like I did about a year ago.

oldekid
05-01-2009, 06:56 AM
do whatever, suggest stuff.Ok, how about pics of whatever form of transportation you owned prior to buying your Marauder?

But it you really want to do photography stuff, and learn about it, join a photography forum like I did about a year ago.Ken, I'm not saying to turn this into a full fledged photo forum. I'm just suggesting that we expand a little to keep up the interest, which seems to be dwindling.

I totally respect the fact that you are stepping up to keep this going, and I applaud you for doing so. I also hope you know that I enjoy your contributions. I'm just not quite in total agreement with your statement about joining a photo forum, when there are lots of members here that we could all learn from (yourself included). I certainly have learned, and been inspired by other member's posts.

I do think it's worth looking at the comment behind the forum name at the top of this page though, which implies pretty much no restrictions of themes or topics.

Here ya go:
Photography Forum Share your photographs, techniques and talent.

Again, just my thoughts. I'm still behind you all the way, and thank you for your courage in taking this on.

:beer:

Black_Noise
05-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I know, im just saying why not start out the 1st one with marauder pics, then we can move on to other things....

I like the macro idea, i like the previous car idea but I dont have it around any around anymore.

I just wanted something simple to start things off with, and it needs to be something that you actually go out and take a picture of, not something that you already have a picture of. that kinda defeats the purpose of taking pictures, every time you take a picture its pratice and new topics and ideas are like little pratice sessions and will eventually help alot of people out where they can take better pictures.

I guess we will just have to take any/all suggestions and make a poll tonight and vote so we have a topic for this weekend

This is warning - I will make a poll tonight (around 7pm CST) and it will have the suggestions of the topic for the week. the poll will close at say midnight

SILVERSURFER03
05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Lets do reflections........ Cars, trucks, wheels, buildings, glass ?? You get the idea

oldekid
05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I know, im just saying why not start out the 1st one with marauder pics, then we can move on to other things...That's fine.

CRUZTAKER
05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree with the dialogue between you two and praise the professionalism at which it was presented.

This forum is indeed what a few of us asked ADMIN to provide us back in the day...a PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM.

It was done so to alleviate the boredom many members were feeling on occation in regards to discussions about this lonely vehicle. Rather than lose member interest, expand it to keep everyone that loves this site involved in one way or another in a way that would also keep many of us STILL talking about the car.

There is actually room for even more sub-forums that might appeal to even more of the membership.

I do want to comment on the case of originality presented earlier.
By enforcing the rule that the image presented be of a certain date range verifiable by exif file information, you can keep submissions fresh and original. Many if not most of the groups I belong to enforce this rule.

I like Silver's suggestion of "reflections". Now this is a theme to be remembered and use again if not chosen first.
It demands creativity, and opens the subject matter beyond the Marauder itself.

hot-rauder
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I think the name of the Challege should be changed. I messed up when I first began the contest by calling it, "Photo Contest". It should be named, "Snapshot Contest", or "Snapshot Challenge".

Anybody care? or think so? lol

Black_Noise
05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
were just gonna roll with photo challenge.... to late to turn back now

CRUZTAKER
05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
I think the name of the Challege should be changed. I messed up when I first began the contest by calling it, "Photo Contest". It should be named, "Snapshot Contest", or "Snapshot Challenge".

Anybody care? or think so? lol

"Snapshot" is a bit antiquated.

hot-rauder
05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
"Snapshot" is a bit antiquated.

Sorry I didnt get that... Us Bruins fans dont like Ducks.......:P:lol:

justbob
05-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Smoke show?

CRUZTAKER
05-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Sorry I didnt get that... Us Bruins fans dont like Ducks.......:P:lol:

Hey wait a minute here....why I outta....:eek:

Listen...the Ducks need our support. Are you implying that you are more of a Detroit :puke: fan than a bird lover in general. :lol:

hot-rauder
05-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey wait a minute here....why I outta....:eek:

Listen...the Ducks need our support. Are you implying that you are more of a Detroit :puke: fan than a bird lover in general. :lol:

Nope, just breaking your rubber buiscut. Remember, DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!! :beer:

MM03MOK
05-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I totally agree, John. The intent of this forum was not to show how many Marauder pictures you can take. Your Photo Gallery is for that. This sub-forum in the Lounge was a chance to display another hobby to many.

As John posted:
Photography Forum Share your photographs, techniques and talent.

Aren't we limiting ourselves by insisting that there always be a "Marauder" involved? I know this is a Marauder site, but this forum is simply titled "Photography Forum".

I enjoy taking pictures of my car, but that is not the total extent of what I do. This site does seem to thrive on mostly car pics, but are we too shallow minded to go beyond that?

I think the idea in creating this site was to promote photography. If cars are the specified theme, then let's at least open it up to all cars, at minimum.

Just my thoughts.