PDA

View Full Version : I think i'm screwed!

sd8683
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I went to reflash my tune into my car this evening (I do it every so often just to make sure things are in tiptop shape) and when I plugged it in the display screen had a big ole crack in it! It still lights up blue but there is no words on it! Just a blue screen:(
Oh btw its an xcal3.
I have no idea how it happened because I'm pretty careful with it, I keep it in the original packaging.

Well anyway! Does anyone know if I can send it to sct to have them fix it or am I doomed to spend another $400?:(

Thanks, sean

DOOM
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I hope it's a simple repair.

Keep us informed.

Marauderjack
05-05-2009, 04:17 AM
No need to re-flash.......you can disconnect the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes and accomplish the same feel....this re-sets the adaptive learning feature in your PCM!!:beer:

You need to call SCT and see what they say about replacing the screen!!:rolleyes:

Good Luck!!:D

Pat
05-05-2009, 04:44 AM
I read somewhere in these forums that the adaptive learning feature is turned off by Tuners. Oh yea, Magindat posted on 4-13-09 "adaptive learning is turned off in SC tunes and probably turned off in most others as well".

I did a quick search using key words "adaptive learning" and found many posts about the matter but no consensus.
You will probably need to talk to the folks who constructed the program in your flasher.

regards

Marauderjack
05-05-2009, 04:54 AM
I read somewhere in these forums that the adaptaive learning feature is turned off by Tuners. Oh yea, Magindat posted on 4-13-09 "adaptive learning is turned off in SC tunes and probably turned off in most others as well".

Regards

Could be Pat??:confused:

My SCT tunes had it on and the Diablo blower tune I have has it on as well!!:bandit:

At any rate....I don't think he needs to re-flash periodically as nothing should change in time unless the AL happens to be on!!:shake:

Marauderjack:burnout:

ctrlraven
05-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Yeah no reason to reflash the tune if it's already loaded up. Hope SCT can fix your handheld or help you to get it fixed.

Zack
05-05-2009, 06:00 AM
The screen is a breeze to replace, but finding out who makes the screen is the tough part.

O's Fan Rich
05-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Buy a cheap locked out one and use that screen?

sd8683
07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry I waited so long to update this thread, a month or so ago I sent my excal to SCT and they replaced the screen for me, it cost me $35 and I was glad to pay it! Rather than pay big bucks for a new tuner. The turnaround was pretty good too! I think I got it back in 8 days.
So if anybody has any issues with their excal give the tech support at SCT a shout, they helped me out big time!

And I know I don't have to reflash my tune, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

CBT
07-22-2009, 04:00 AM
it cost me $35 it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :D

Haggis only charges $25 for warm fuzzies.

Haggis
07-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Haggis only charges $25 for warm fuzzies.

That is your price only for all others it is $10.

RF Overlord
07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
And I know I don't have to reflash my tune, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling I have many devices at my work that use the same process and all of the manufacturers specifically recommend against doing unnecessary flashing. There are a number of things that can go wrong that will interrupt the flashing process and corrupt the data and possibly cause the PCM to become useless. That warm fuzzy feeling may very well be a false sense of security.

bob6364
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
I have many devices at my work that use the same process and all of the manufacturers specifically recommend against doing unnecessary flashing. There are a number of things that can go wrong that will interrupt the flashing process and corrupt the data and possibly cause the PCM to become useless. That warm fuzzy feeling may very well be a false sense of security.

+1 I agree completely