PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tune Oct. 25th & 26th

Zack
10-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Were gonna try it again on short notice and we need responses right away. Jerry will come down on the above weekend to tune cars. We must assemble 20-25 cars for the 2 days to seal the deal. 2 Members from Midwest fords.org are already signed up. Dont miss probably the last opportunity of the year to have your car tuned.
Pricing is as follows:
1st time Jerry customer is $300
Re-tune by Jerry is $150
Dyno time in $85 for four runs and $20 for each run over 4

The event will be held at High Speed Performance in
Chicago Ridge like last time.
Please e-mail me if you would like to attend at
zackmcgrath@hotmail.com
NO DEPOSITS will be taken this time so you are expected to make the event if signed up.
Dont miss this opportunity!!!!

Cut off date for sign up is October 15th
If we dont have 20-25 cars by then, the event will be cancelled

Zack
10-06-2003, 08:42 AM
Im just bringing this info back to the 'top' so everyone knows about it!!

SergntMac
10-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Don't put me in the count, Zack, but I'll be there to give you a hand.

Come on y'all last chance this year.

dwasson
10-06-2003, 09:11 AM
For a Rank newbie what does this "tune" entail? Are there other costs that are necessary?

VicRattlehead
10-06-2003, 04:59 PM
hey am i one of the 2?? just wondering, ill probably be ready its going to be a tight schedule. ill go anyway what the hell.

would you mind me putting this up on two tbird boards that im a member on??

Zack
10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Please put on every board you are on
Thanks, Zack

bnrparker
10-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know of any Dyno tune dates for the south Texas area. Say; San Antonio, Corpus Christi or even Houston areas?

SergntMac
10-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by dwasson
For a Rank newbie what does this "tune" entail? Are there other costs that are necessary?

The only other cost I can imagine, d, is a full tank of gas. You won't need that for the dyno tune, but you'll want it for the ride home...LOL!

Zack outlined your cost, which hinges on previous tunes from Jerry. First timers are 300 bucks and retunes are 150. Seems you're not familiar with all that, so, I will guess that you're bone stock, eh? Cool, because you will benefit the most for the cost involved.

Getting this tune on a dyno from Jerry himself exceeds buying any aftermarket performance chip from anyone. Aftermarket chips are good stuff, but (at best) any chip is a "one size fits all" install, whereas this dyno tune opportunity is a visit with the professional tailor...The "needlesmith," follow me?

You can buy a chip to store your tune, d, or, have the results flashed directly to your PCM. This is the one last choice for you to make on tune day. Sorry, I don't know if this involves additional cost to your or not.

The difference here is that once your PCM is flashed, YOU have to guard against uninvited flashovers from your dealership, PCM updates at the point of service. This tune will correct all possible updates, so, all you will have to do from now on, is not allow your dealership to flash those updates.

If they update your PCM without your permission, you will lose your dyno tune. But, not forever mind you. Just for as long as it takes to pull your PCM and UPS that to Jerry or Dennis. A few days down time here, is your "worst case" scenario. I believe this complication is much less problematic than it appears here, our real world experience has been kicked around a lot and your risk is much less than what gets posted here. Much less.

The advantage to you, is that your dyno tune is not visibly, or, physically detectable by the dealership. If you purchase a chip, the PCM has to be physically modified in a way that leaves traces the dealership can point to when debating "warrantee qualified." If it's only flashed, no one will know it's there, unless you tell them.

(Now I know some of you want to argue on this, but don't bother, okay? I've got this 411 nailed down direct from my dealership, and Jerry. Start another thread if your shorts are bundled up too tight, okay?)

I have seen MM owners drive away with as much as 30 RWHP and 25 RWTQ just by having Jerry tune and flash their PCM with his adjustments to engine and tranny behavior. This initial cost sounds deep, I agree, but you will find it cheap before you leave the parking lot...Trust me on this.

BTW, anyone not happy with this tune can get a full refund and an untraceable restoration to stock PCM settings. However, I've participated in no less than six of these dyno tune sessions in the past 12 months and I have never seen any MM owner not pleased with the outcome.

Okay wait, there was one not pleased, but he eventually made other upgrades/mods that have pleased him...Okay, let me say that with the 100 or so dyno tunes I have witnessed, 1 out of those 100 were disappinted. I wish I could get these odds in other things important to me.

Fair warning now, d, if you do this tune, you will want more, and soon. Trust me on this too, K? And don't blame me when you want a gear, stat, plugs, yada, yada, yada...

chapel1
10-06-2003, 07:12 PM
My money was well spent,the overall performance gain in all catagories was fantastic.And all I went with was, the flash and plugs and dyno.:D

chrisnack
10-09-2003, 09:49 PM
So we are talking $300 for the tune, and $84 for dyno time?

So roughly $400 to a full custom tune?

jgc61sr2002
10-10-2003, 04:06 PM
chrisnack - Welcome to the site. The best on the net thanks to Logan and LML. :D

chrisnack
10-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks...

Zack informed me tune isn't gonna happen.. next year I guess ;)

Zack
10-10-2003, 10:22 PM
5 days till the cutoff, only 4 responses.......
See ya all next year.