PDA

View Full Version : Marauders of Saudi Arabia

Fahad_H
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, first I don't know if this is the right place for this post, if not please move it around and warn me :D

Back to the topic, I've read few posts for owners from Saudi Arabia, so how many are we?

We should meet for a track day or a drag race. :burn:

The car is getting popular now, and I've been attracting attention everywhere I go.

I've bought mine as a joint project to create a circuit monster, call me a dumb :rolleyes:, but it's a PR exercise for my new company

Mods on the way:
SCT X3
Steeda Pulleys
Stainless Works Headers & X-Pipe
QA1 Complete Tuner Kit

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 634&stc=1&d=1241597496
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 633&stc=1&d=1241597496

RF Overlord
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Fahad...welcome back. Long time no see.

J D
05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
First off, when I read the subject line, it sounded like a new cool movie title, maybe a remake, or sequal of Lawrence of Arabia, or something :D. But, with regard to the author, I think you have a good idea, that could be larger than just one thread. I don't know how many of you all are on the site but perhaps you could ask some of the site administrators if you guys could have your own subforum. You could organize trips, events, shows, gathering, trade information on keeping your MM clean, how to increase performance, and more. You should try and contact your fellow owners to see if there's enough interest to get one started and keep one going.

mohammed
05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
hey Fahad !
we are going to meet this month in ALDAMMAM see you there !!

mohammed

Fahad_H
05-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Hey Fahad...welcome back. Long time no see.

I've been away in Europe trying to make it in motorsport. Now I am back in the business of tuning, but instead of drag racing at weekends, I am into track days now.
I know I will have a hard time in the 1/4 mile against many cars, the plan now is to race others on proper F1 and FIA GT tracks. I am very confident I can give faster cars a hard time on the tracks :D

First off, when I read the subject line, it sounded like a new cool movie title, maybe a remake, or sequal of Lawrence of Arabia, or something :D. But, with regard to the author, I think you have a good idea, that could be larger than just one thread. I don't know how many of you all are on the site but perhaps you could ask some of the site administrators if you guys could have your own subforum. You could organize trips, events, shows, gathering, trade information on keeping your MM clean, how to increase performance, and more. You should try and contact your fellow owners to see if there's enough interest to get one started and keep one going.

You asked for an Arabian Marauder movie? you will get it, but without the drama.
I have invested in camera systems for motorsports to record my tests and racing. With all the fancy GPS and sensors info for the speed, RPM and G's on display.

We should start testing and filming after summer.

I doubt that other Marauders owners from the region will share my enthusiasm for racing, so you might not see others in my films. :(

I will get in touch with the owners and see what we share in common. For a start, I am not into shine and gloss.

It will be AWESOME if we meet for a track day.

If there is a good number of us here, I will speak with the admin to sponsor a forum.

hey Fahad !
we are going to meet this month in ALDAMMAM see you there !!

mohammed

If you could pass this thread to the people you know. We need to see how many are we here.

Will PM you.

abmerbati
05-07-2009, 03:44 AM
hi fahad
we have about 3 marauder in alkhobar

and we are ready if you want to meet us

MM03MOK
05-07-2009, 05:00 AM
I'd be glad to set up our first international group forum! PM me, Fahad, and we'll figure it out.

Mary

Embassy
05-07-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm looking forward to the meet's pics.

Cobra25
05-07-2009, 05:15 AM
Our first International Group forum, Now that would be Cool.
I'd be glad to set up our first international group forum! PM me, Fahad, and we'll figure it out.

Mary

ctrlraven
05-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Another milestone. Can't wait to see some pics!

vonirkinshtine
05-07-2009, 05:26 AM
I think we found the location of Marauderville VIII!

Vortex
05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Damn, thats pretty cool. I would be very interested to see a group photo of our Saudi MM owners with their cars!

Fahad_H
05-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Appreciate the interest. Hope we have a good number and arrange to meet in a good place.

BTW Jeff Dunham and Achmed were in Saudi Arabia few months ago, we should invite them to our meetings. :D

musclemerc
05-07-2009, 06:08 AM
It's amazing to see the Marauder on foreign soil. I love it!

Vortex
05-10-2009, 07:56 AM
When are these guys going to get their own Regional Group section? Im looking forward to reading what they have to say and seeing their pics.

sulaiman
05-11-2009, 02:30 AM
hi guys form saudi arabia this sulaiman from kuwait

Fahad_H
05-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Hi Sulaiman, hope you join us for a track day in winter.

I don't think I want a meeting or a track day in this weather. it's 40's c over here.

mohammed
05-11-2009, 04:46 AM
yeeh it's 2hot here now !!

Bluerauder
05-11-2009, 08:14 AM
it's 40's c over here.
40*C is 104*F --- that is a tad warm but you guys routinely get up to 49*C or 120*F when its HOT right??

Fahad_H
05-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes, it's not summer yet.

But this weather is not good for track days. It's alright in the shade for a meeting, but running around the track in this weather will worn out our cars.

xopher
05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
I've been away in Europe trying to make it in motorsport. Now I am back in the business of tuning, but instead of drag racing at weekends, I am into track days now.
I know I will have a hard time in the 1/4 mile against many cars, the plan now is to race others on proper F1 and FIA GT tracks. I am very confident I can give faster cars a hard time on the tracks :D

As I'm sure you've read on these forums, a supercharger will really put your vehicle next to these faster cars. If you're mechanically adept, or have a mechanic who is, you could switch to forged internals and get a Trilogy Twin Screw and really see some gains.

I'm looking forward to your Marauder make your Saudi friends see taillights! :D

m1dn1temarauder
05-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome!! I'm here in Kuwait and there are a few I have seen here, but so far I only count 5. There could be more but.....

Aren Jay
05-11-2009, 09:36 AM

Motorhead350
05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Ya Ya I wanna go if we can get a sponsor or something!!! :banana:

Fahad_H
05-13-2009, 02:12 AM
As I'm sure you've read on these forums, a supercharger will really put your vehicle next to these faster cars. If you're mechanically adept, or have a mechanic who is, you could switch to forged internals and get a Trilogy Twin Screw and really see some gains.

I'm looking forward to your Marauder make your Saudi friends see taillights! :D

I am shocked to see few 10's Marauders running around the forum. Will look into it later. But so far, I am planning a full N/A build.

Welcome!! I'm here in Kuwait and there are a few I have seen here, but so far I only count 5. There could be more but.....

We need to arrange something in the winter.

mercury_1988
05-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Good luck Fahad_H and don't forget to post some pictures .

SID210SA
05-19-2009, 05:45 AM
When are these guys going to get their own Regional Group section? Im looking forward to reading what they have to say and seeing their pics.

+1 Come on guys....ask and you shall receive!!

MM03MOK
05-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Fahad and I exchanged PMs about a forum. He wants to wait a bit and see much interest is in the Meet and what comes out of the Meet.

justbob
05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
What kind of circuits and 1/4 mile tracks do you have available? Pictures?

Fahad_H
05-19-2009, 03:04 PM
What kind of circuits and 1/4 mile tracks do you have available? Pictures?

1/4 Mile:
Bahrain International
Jeddah Race Way
Qatar
one or two in UAE

Circuits:
Reem, Riyadh, GT
Bahrain International, F1
Losail, Qatar, GP2 & MotoGp
Dubai Autodrome, GP2 & FIA GT
Abu Dhabi, F1 (hope they offer track days when they open)

I will be regular at these tracks when I open my racing school.

I have few photos and videos posted at:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fahad_600
http://www.youtube.com/user/fahadhm
http://www.p1afr.com

Thanks,

Vortex
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Fahad, that is a very nice Holden racecar! Ill add I just read your bio info for your raceteam and must say very impressive. Good luck in your racing career!

1stMerc
05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
yeeh it's 2hot here now !!

Nice taste in cars.

Fahad_H
05-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Hey Fahad, that is a very nice Holden racecar! Ill add I just read your bio info for your raceteam and must say very impressive. Good luck in your racing career!

Appreciate it.

Just would like to add some pics of the new 2009 car. We will race one and have one for the school.
We finished 2nd and 3rd in the last race.

You are more than welcome to have a go on the race cars when they are ready.

Thanks a lot,
Fahad

justbob
05-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Fahad, I had noooooooo idea you had access to tracks such as these! This is really cool! Are any of those close to you? Here I have to drive almost 2 hours in any direction for a choice of three tracks.

Best of luck to you and have fun out there!

Fahad_H
05-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Fahad, I had noooooooo idea you had access to tracks such as these! This is really cool! Are any of those close to you? Here I have to drive almost 2 hours in any direction for a choice of three tracks.

Best of luck to you and have fun out there!

Distance from home:

Bahrain International (50 miles, 1-3 hours depends on traffic)
Jeddah Race Way (1,000 miles, 16 hours non stop) (going there end of month)
Reem, Riyadh (300 miles, 4 hours)
Losail, Qatar (300 miles, 5 hours)
Dubai Autodrome (550 miles, 9 hours)
Abu Dhabi (500 miles, 9 hours)

I miss England, I had access to dozen of circuits within 3 hours drive. :(

Fahad_H
05-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Who fancy a meeting?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15 902&stc=1&d=1243179659

I don't see any meetings or track activities before November.

FrankJAG
05-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Well at least it's a dry heat! :-D
All kidding aside; and I complain about how hot we get here in Houston. 120 degrees with almost no wind is bloody hot!!
Kudos and try to stay cool y'all!