PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Options

Paul T. Casey
05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
With Fun Ford's demise, I've been looking for somethhing to fill the gap so to speak. Came across these two that sound fun.

Hot Rod Drag Week.

Sept. 13 to Sept 18. Many classes, including Daily Driver Bracket. I've been following this for a few years now, and it sounds fun. This year it is run from Muncie Dragway (Albany IN), to US131 Motorsports Park (Martin MI), to Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk OH), to National Trail Dragway (Hebron OH), and back to Muncie for the finals. My work schedule may get in the way of this, but I'll keep it in mind.

Hot Rod Drags. August 6 to 9.

At Bruton Smith's new zMax Dragway in Charlotte NC. Hot Rod is calling for Mod. Motor Fords, the new L whatever Chevies, and the new Hemis. They mentioned Mustangs by name but seemed to miss us. Sure would be nice to have them notice us for a change. Anyway, I won't be doing their Fast Class, but the index classes look pretty interesting to me. For tose of you who aren't aware of what an index class is, they set up classes by breakout times, usually on the full and half second marks (say like 14.0, 13.5, 13.0, etc). Then you race heads-up against cars in your particular class, usually on a pro tree. I haven't checked their website, but I know I've got a car right on the bottom of an index. The time frame for this should work for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

MERCMAN
05-08-2009, 11:30 AM
FYI

Muncie Dragway is the home of MV7 Drags.:up:

FordNut
05-08-2009, 07:31 PM
zmax dragway sounds like a good one. I'd probably get kicked out for going too fast though.

Paul T. Casey
05-09-2009, 08:48 AM
I'd probably get kicked out for going too fast though. Nice problem to have. BTW, I drove through Lenoir City Last week. Pretty impressive used car lot on Rte 11, can't remeber the name. Think the newest car was a 70's something.

FormulaMarauder
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Whats wrong, Paul. So close to Lebanon Valley, yet you want to venture several hundred miles elsewhere.

Paul T. Casey
05-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Whats wrong, Paul. So close to Lebanon Valley, yet you want to venture several hundred miles elsewhere.

Let me know next time you're headed that way. I'll tag along.

Marauderman
05-11-2009, 05:38 PM
With Fun Ford's demise, I've been looking for somethhing to fill the gap so to speak. Came across these two that sound fun.

Hot Rod Drags. August 6 to 9.

At Bruton Smith's new zMax Dragway in Charlotte NC. Hot Rod is calling for Mod. Motor Fords, the new L whatever Chevies, and the new Hemis. They mentioned Mustangs by name but seemed to miss us. Sure would be nice to have them notice us for a change. Anyway, I won't be doing their Fast Class, but the index classes look pretty interesting to me. For tose of you who aren't aware of what an index class is, they set up classes by breakout times, usually on the full and half second marks (say like 14.0, 13.5, 13.0, etc). Then you race heads-up against cars in your particular class, usually on a pro tree. I haven't checked their website, but I know I've got a car right on the bottom of an index. The time frame for this should work for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

I think you may be referring to this ---correct-----am thinking of having some fun at this myself---
http://www.nmradigital.com/schedule/event5.php

glassman99
05-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Remember to save your tires and the date for SSHS9 this fall.

TooManyFords
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Hot Rod Drag Week.

Sept. 13 to Sept 18. Many classes, including Daily Driver Bracket. I've been following this for a few years now, and it sounds fun. This year it is run from Muncie Dragway (Albany IN), to US131 Motorsports Park (Martin MI), to Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk OH), to National Trail Dragway (Hebron OH), and back to Muncie for the finals. My work schedule may get in the way of this, but I'll keep it in mind.

I'm signed up for Drag Week in the Pro-Street Power Adder class. Maybe I'll see you there, Paul.

John