PDA

View Full Version : Not so new toy!!

PAULYSS
10-06-2003, 10:25 AM
On Sunday I just picked up my wifes( biological-long story) dads 86 Mustang. Its a 5.0 with a 5speed. Mods on it from what I can tell are Headers w/ Flowmasters and a K&N airfilter. Car runs great but has a pretty good oil leak from the rear of the pan.

We are not sure if we are going to keep it or sell it yet. What would you guys do? I do need a daily driver car so I can park my SS but not sure. Wife was also thinking of having it for herself as "her toy" We shall see. It is a torquey little car. 1st gear is useless. It spins like nuts and second is not much better. YOu can start in second and smoke the **** out of the tires and still kick the back end out in the third.

I am not the greatest at stick (yet) but Ican drive it around and get used to it. Well, thought I'd share....

SheboyganGuy
10-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I have an 86 Mustang GT, stock, I love that car! It's a zippy little car... I love the 5-speed, I wish the MM would have had that option... Keep it, drive it, and enjoy it!

amerikan
10-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Yeah i drove one of these guys... and let me say.. NO TRACTION in 1st. It's fun to drive though and is quick.

SheboyganGuy
10-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Mine is a daily driver in the spring and fall. It is stored over the winter...Don't drive it much during the summer as it does not have air conditioning (if you can imagine that...!).

Got the car from a little old lady (well, my mother) who only drove it really fast on Sundays....

37.4 k miles, and in great shape.

PAULYSS
10-06-2003, 01:50 PM
This one had a paint job about three years ago but must of been a cheapo because the paint is bubbling in a few areas. Right now it has some tall tires in back and skinneys in the front. They are mounted on aftermarket 15" rims. I will try to get some pictures soon. Have it parked at a friends house until I move at the end of the month. I am headed out torwards Rockford area (Poplar Grove) specifically. Just a FYI if any MM owners are out that way.