PDA

View Full Version : Naz intake write up

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 04:13 PM
hey gang i got my intake from Naz a few days ago and took the time to install it today (90 mins).

first thing you remove is your CAI
then the cover over the throttle linkage and disconect all the linkage
disconect the 2 wires opposit the TB linkage.
remove the vaccume line underneath the TB area.
move to the passanger side and un hook all the wires from the EGR valve.
remove the bracket that surrounds the EGR.
remove the EGR
remove all vaccume lines on the upper intake manifold except the 2 pointed out in the picture below, these have coolent in them and unless you feel like letting it draining the system dont take them off.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0729.jpg
after all the lines are off take out the 7 bolts and flip the upper intake over to the passenger side.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0710.jpg
next remove the 4 bolts that help support both the alternator and the coolant cross over tube (sorry no pic)
next un do all the injector wires and remove the 2 bolts that hold the fuel rails to the lower intake.
pull up on the fuel rails and any they should come out with the injectors attached. if some injectors get stuck just wiggle them out.
flop the fuel rail assy to the passanger side as well
next you have 2 choices either A. remove the cross over tube and reservice the coolant system or B. do like i did and bent the little mounting tabs out of the way enough to get the lower intake out.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0714.jpg
next remove the 10 bolts that hold the lower intake in place and begin to pull it out.
you will notice it feels like something is still attached, take a look behind the intake and you will see this wire bundle
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0712.jpg
it is attaced to the lower intake with a plastic push pin thingy. just pull it off and the intake should fully come out.
the wire bundle will not have to be reattached as the mounting tab is deleted on the new intake.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0716.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0726.jpg
after that its time to reverse everything you just did and enjoy some serious topend improvement!

it took me and my little friend seen here, about 90s minutes to install and its worth every penny.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0717.jpg

Vortech347
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Dogs rule!

Oh yea, Nice write up. :) Mod cars are SOOOOOOO easy to work on. So, didja go faster? :)

DOOM
05-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Damn davey you ain't messin around :up:

offroadkarter
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Let us know how it works out for you

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 04:34 PM
i took it for a quick spin after the install and made some WOT runs. if there is any loss down low, i didnt notice. but when the rpms climb this thing really hauls ass!

DOOM
05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Are you doing headers next???

Vortech347
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't think you'll notice. If there is any loss at all it would be like 3-4ftlbs that DOSN'T MATTER anyway.

Kudo's to you for taking this mod. Everyone is gona be pissed when you run 12's. MUAHAHHHAH

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Are you doing headers next???
they are on the way ;)

DOOM
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
they are on the way ;)

What brand did you go with?

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 04:55 PM
ended up with kooks. SW sucks and dosent answer when i call or email

Glenn
05-08-2009, 06:19 PM
IS:

Nice post and pictures, but what really is the IT worth or what will it do in the real world?? Dyno before and after!! SOTP is not justification to buy this IT. By the way, what was the cost. This piece is the same as the TBs being sold - 80% of MMs do not significantly gain any HPs without a $300 tune and then it is marginal - maybe 3-4 HP hardly worth the money unless you have a TS. Read the current June MM&FF. Prove me wrong before net members spend $ for a questionable mod.

Glenn Ford

OK ----:flamer:

offroadkarter
05-08-2009, 06:22 PM
IS:

Nice post and pictures, but what really is the IT worth or what will it do in the real world?? Dyno before and after!! SOTP is not justification to buy this IT. By the way, what was the cost. This piece is the same as the TBs being sold - 80% of MMs do not significantly gain any HPs without a $300 tune and then it is marginal - maybe 3-4 HP hardly worth the money unless you have a TS. Read the current June MM&FF. Prove me wrong before net members spend $ for a questionable mod.

Glenn Ford

If you put cobra exhaust manifolds on instead of kooks, you will gain 100rwhp and be in the 12zez! :D

Dave - get us some dyno numberz when you can, kthxbai

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 06:28 PM
naz has shown dyno sheets peak of 20hp gain, im getting a tune when i get headers so no wasted money there. Glenn is just scared i might hit 12s so he says thing like that.

RR|Suki
05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
naz has shown dyno sheets peak of 20hp gain, im getting a tune when i get headers so no wasted money there. Glenn is just scared i might hit 12s so he says thing like that.

did you get the short runner one?

ImpalaSlayer
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
did you get the short runner one?
yup 900 bucks

burt ragio
05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice mod keep us posted after you have logged a few miles over the next few days.

musclemerc
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Did you reuse the upper intake spacer?

FordNut
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Good job. One thing that helps is to remove the wipers & cowl. It's really easy and helps a lot with access to the back of the manifold.

I agree with Glenn on the dyno suggestion, it would be nice to have before/after dyno runs especially with the converter locked and tranny locked in 3rd gear for a full rpm range pull. If you have some dyno graphs from a tune before the swap, that should be good for the before, just get it tuned now instead of waiting for the header swap.

Good luck.

Vortech347
05-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Guys, its already been dyno tested. Naz provided results for us. Or did I read his dyno charts wrong about BEFORE AND AFTER MARAUDER DYNO CHARTS...

Just a thought...

LOL Haters...

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Good job. One thing that helps is to remove the wipers & cowl. It's really easy and helps a lot with access to the back of the manifold.

I agree with Glenn on the dyno suggestion, it would be nice to have before/after dyno runs especially with the converter locked and tranny locked in 3rd gear for a full rpm range pull. If you have some dyno graphs from a tune before the swap, that should be good for the before, just get it tuned now instead of waiting for the header swap.

Good luck.

i was thinking of removing the cowl but i hate trying to pull the stupid wipers off.

the guy i was gona have tune my car hasnt tuned it yet. i do wana get the car dynoed but dont wana pay twice just get some numbers. if i got him to tune it now you think itd be easyer and less money to to just have it adjusted for headers?

FordNut
05-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Guys, its already been dyno tested. Naz provided results for us. Or did I read his dyno charts wrong about BEFORE AND AFTER MARAUDER DYNO CHARTS...

Just a thought...

LOL Haters...

Yes, we saw the dyno charts Naz posted. They're pretty useless. I'm just saying somebody should take the time to do a "proper" comparison. Locked, full rpm range pull with a good tune before. Locked, full rpm range pull with a good tune after. AFR on both pulls. Maybe even an after installation pull without re-tuning to see what the difference is with just a bolt-on of the manifold.

And I didn't see the gains on the dyno graphs that were claimed. If you look at the rpm that Naz picked on before/after dyno graphs, sure it's 20 hp. But if you look at the peaks of both graphs the gains aren't as much because the peaks are at a different rpm, looks like 15 hp or so. And if you pick the specific rpm where the original manifold had its peak and look at the before/after the difference is even less, only about 10 hp.

FordNut
05-09-2009, 06:19 AM
i was thinking of removing the cowl but i hate trying to pull the stupid wipers off.

First time you pull them, glue the little keyways into the wipers. That's the part that always frustrated me, when they fell out and I had to hunt them down. It only takes about 10 minutes to get the whole thing off once you've done it a couple of times.

the guy i was gona have tune my car hasnt tuned it yet. i do wana get the car dynoed but dont wana pay twice just get some numbers. if i got him to tune it now you think itd be easyer and less money to to just have it adjusted for headers?

If you don't have a "before" pull it would be pretty useless to have it done now, might as well wait for the headers. And yes, you'll probably have to pay twice to have it dyno'd before & after. I (and many others on here) did it many times so we could provide the members with accurate information on performance gains for mods. Some places will give you a discount on the "after" pull, some will charge full price, and some will do it free.

Blackened300a
05-09-2009, 07:22 AM
First time you pull them, glue the little keyways into the wipers. That's the part that always frustrated me, when they fell out and I had to hunt them down. It only takes about 10 minutes to get the whole thing off once you've done it a couple of times..

I have my wiper and cowl removal down to a science after doing my cam cover install and had to hunt down a squeak behind the firewall. 10 minutes top.

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Brian i have a b4 dyno so i have some thing to compare it to. i just stoped my the place where its going to be tuned. im just gona get a pull no tune some time this week. i lost those little key ways the first time i pulled it off what do they even do?

Vortech347
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, we saw the dyno charts Naz posted. They're pretty useless. I'm just saying somebody should take the time to do a "proper" comparison. Locked, full rpm range pull with a good tune before. Locked, full rpm range pull with a good tune after. AFR on both pulls. Maybe even an after installation pull without re-tuning to see what the difference is with just a bolt-on of the manifold.

And I didn't see the gains on the dyno graphs that were claimed. If you look at the rpm that Naz picked on before/after dyno graphs, sure it's 20 hp. But if you look at the peaks of both graphs the gains aren't as much because the peaks are at a different rpm, looks like 15 hp or so. And if you pick the specific rpm where the original manifold had its peak and look at the before/after the difference is even less, only about 10 hp.

With all of the R&D thats been done with his work I wouldn't use the word useless. I mean come on. Do you have a 10 second N/A modular that makes 500+rwhp? The one thing that royally pisses me off about this forum is when people come on with good info that have the criteria to back it up get drilled by folks instead of soaking it in and learning. Do you want slayer to rub his stomache and say "rubber baby bumpers" while dynoing after the car has been blessed in a sterile invironment? This is the ONLY forum of the dozens I'm on I see improvements ridiculed.

If you wana doubt it and want to tear it apart by one yourself and do it on your own dime.

Blackened300a
05-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Do you want slayer to rub his stomache and say "rubber baby bumpers" while dynoing after the car has been blessed in a sterile invironment?

I would pay to see that.

Its more the SCed guys pissing on us NA guys. We're used to it by now.

Glenn
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
We owe it to members of this site to inform them so they do not spend needless money on mods that really do not improve your HP or performance. There is such a thing as cost vs. performance. TBs fail the test as does this new IT at $900.

Glenn Ford :flamer:

sd8683
05-09-2009, 08:08 PM
We owe it to members of this site to inform them so they do not spend needless money on mods that really do not improve your HP or performance. There is such a thing as cost vs. performance. TBs fail the test as does this new IT at $900.

Now Glenn...... If you didn't have a roots type blower.......... Would you still say this mod fails??? Or does it only fail because it doesn't apply to you???:flamer:

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2009, 08:08 PM

so you now demanding me to go spend my money on a dyno? i have officialy lost all respect for you.

babbage
05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
[quote=ImpalaSlayer;756731]hey gang i got my intake from Naz a few days ago and took the time to install it today (90 mins).

I can see a definite need for a JLT or some other oil separator. That intake should be squeaky clean and isn't. I think this is typical for MM's.

I was suprised how dirty mine was. New intake probably makes more vaccume - more mess. What do you think - gonna add one?

BTW nice writeup! What are those selling for again?

ImpalaSlayer
05-09-2009, 08:10 PM
[quote=ImpalaSlayer;756731]hey gang i got my intake from Naz a few days ago and took the time to install it today (90 mins).

I can see a definite need for a JLT or some other oil separator. That intake should be squeaky clean and isn't. I think this is typical for MM's.

I was suprised how dirty mine was. New intake probably makes more vaccume - more mess. What do you think - gonna add one?

yeah im debating adding one or not. i paid 900 bucks for this one

Vortech347
05-09-2009, 08:45 PM

WTF happend to be happy for your fellow MMer.

I would say as an MMer you FAIL in team player.

merc
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM

90 percent of all N/A and S/C Marauder look like your intake. I installed a JLT Pre filter and catch can a couple of weeks again. The catch can is doing it's job. I will not have the final results till I take off the blower next year and examine the intake valley. :beer:

FordNut
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
With all of the R&D thats been done with his work I wouldn't use the word useless. I mean come on. Do you have a 10 second N/A modular that makes 500+rwhp? The one thing that royally pisses me off about this forum is when people come on with good info that have the criteria to back it up get drilled by folks instead of soaking it in and learning. Do you want slayer to rub his stomache and say "rubber baby bumpers" while dynoing after the car has been blessed in a sterile invironment? This is the ONLY forum of the dozens I'm on I see improvements ridiculed.

If you wana doubt it and want to tear it apart by one yourself and do it on your own dime.

I already have a Naz ported lower on my Whippled car. Do you have his intake work on your car?

You miss the whole point. You weren't here in the day, when everybody would try this and that, say yeah it's great, lots more power. Doubters would ask for proof, so the before/after process became the norm. That's how we know, for sure, the underdrives are good for 10-15 hp. The electric water pump is good for 10 hp. The Kooks headers are good for 40-50 hp. I just didn't see the gains Naz claimed for the Marauder dyno charts.

It would be nice to see somebody to an accurate comparison, that's all I'm saying. I know Naz did the best he could, he's not a tuner and didn't have access to the transmission controls to lock the converter and gear. Just looks like somebody would want to see for sure what they got for that much money.

FordNut
05-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Brian i have a b4 dyno so i have some thing to compare it to. i just stoped my the place where its going to be tuned. im just gona get a pull no tune some time this week. i lost those little key ways the first time i pulled it off what do they even do?

Great, I'm anxious to see the before/after. Good luck on hitting 325-330 rwhp, that's about what it's gonna take.

The little keys are to make sure the witers go on in the correct alignment. If they're off by a tooth either way they will be in the wrong place when they are turned off and you'll have to pull it back off and re-adjust the position. Some folks have done this on purpose, so it's no big deal if they're missing.

ImpalaSlayer
05-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Great, I'm anxious to see the before/after. Good luck on hitting 325-330 rwhp, that's about what it's gonna take.

The little keys are to make sure the witers go on in the correct alignment. If they're off by a tooth either way they will be in the wrong place when they are turned off and you'll have to pull it back off and re-adjust the position. Some folks have done this on purpose, so it's no big deal if they're missing.

hmm havent had that happen yet.

my previous dyno was 271/292 so we will see. i may also have trouble locking it in third as this guy has never tuned my car.

RR|Suki
05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
hmm havent had that happen yet.

my previous dyno was 271/292 so we will see. i may also have trouble locking it in third as this guy has never tuned my car.

If he has ever tuned a mustang etc. with our EEC it shouldn't be a problem for him to lock it in 3rd it'll be all good :beer:

Paul T. Casey
05-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Re.: Dyno numbers.

While the dyno provides some before/after information, it isn't really the be-all, end-all. I measured my gains by the little white pieces of paper the nice person in the little shack hands me. There's alot of variables that come into play with dynos, weather, tire pressure, roller weight, operator skill, etc. I personally like to use a combination of dyno, timeslip, and owner SOTP for modification evaluation. Brian, I remeber some of those arguments from the old days. I thought they were silly then as I still do today. Some of my biggest mod decisions were made after trying them in Todd's car. Best of both worlds to me. Got to see if I liked it, and didn't have to purchase anything I didn't like.

ImpalaSlayer
05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Re.: Dyno numbers.

While the dyno provides some before/after information, it isn't really the be-all, end-all. I measured my gains by the little white pieces of paper the nice person in the little shack hands me. There's alot of variables that come into play with dynos, weather, tire pressure, roller weight, operator skill, etc. I personally like to use a combination of dyno, timeslip, and owner SOTP for modification evaluation. Brian, I remeber some of those arguments from the old days. I thought they were silly then as I still do today. Some of my biggest mod decisions were made after trying them in Todd's car. Best of both worlds to me. Got to see if I liked it, and didn't have to purchase anything I didn't like.

one step at a time my man, ill be going to the track this Wed. to see whats what. although its much warmer now

FormulaMarauder
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Good luck, kid. Prove the naysayers wrong

SID210SA
05-11-2009, 06:15 AM
I have a real world example for you.....Bad Five O and I were rolling on a private track and from a 60mph start he pulled on me and just kept going leaving me to lick my wounds....he has NAZ's intake and a JLT....I have the JLT and Lidio tune....by the time we hit 90-95 he had about 5 carlengths or better one me!!

nazman
05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Nice write up!

Glenn/Ford Nut,

We did just want you are asking. An intake for intake swap. No tuning, same day, within 30 minutes, intake swap and dyno run. Yes, we did not logged AFR or locked the tranny. But the dyno was a quick idea right after my Army Retirement ceremony, and it was a very last minute thing (means not-planned).

We provided what the Ported Short Runner intake could provide for a STOCK Marauder.

I will love you to “quote” me, when I advertized specific gains? When I talk about my intakes, Im very much humble as far as power production. I don’t like to over sell you anything.

Any time I have talked about power gains, I have said so at an specific RPM or RPM range. Not “at old peak RPM” or any of the like.

The dyno sheet I provided, was to provide you guys with a quick idea of what the intake could provide. Remember, this is on a completely stock motor, exhaust, no tune etc….and these gains were OVER an already ported intake. Gains over a stock intake would have been much larger.

To prove you wrong over a “questionable mod”?

What is that supposed to mean? Questionable? LOL!!!

Gains are there! Big Gains that is. Tell me about a SINGLE bolt-on, one single specific part, that will deliver the gains that the ported short runner deliver on an NA car! You will not find a single part that will match the intake. Not one!

As an example, give me a single mod part that will deliver 52RWHP GAINs over the part that it will replace on a 4V motor? We gained 52RWHP on a FR500 cams equipped Mach 1 (same motor as yours) @ 6750RPMs!!!!!! With gains of 12RWHP by ~5500 RPMs ! OVER A PORTED INTAKE!

Remember this man: The Marauders are not the only cars equipped with the Modular 4V! We at Nazty have done over 80 ported intakes and we are working on our 20th ported short runner intake. As an enthusiast my self, Ill NOT sell you something that I would not run on my own car and KNOW that it will deliver gains. There are a bunch of 99-01 and 03-04 Mach running my ported short runners and standard runner intakes! NA, Nitrous, Turbo and Supercharged!

No worries, more dyno will follow on the Marauder, don’t be surprised when you see the power gains with exhaust, and tune!
If you guys dont like what you see....then keep your stock intakes lol! No worries there brothers! :beer: I really dont make much on these intakes, they are CNC machined (very expensive), custom specific to your combination runner lenghts (very expensive since you dont mass produce, and they are one off), lots of QUALITY TIG welding! and overall over 40 hours of work invested in each and everyone of these bad boys!

Not doing this for the "money"!

Naz

nazman
05-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I already have a Naz ported lower on my Whippled car. Do you have his intake work on your car?

You miss the whole point. You weren't here in the day, when everybody would try this and that, say yeah it's great, lots more power. Doubters would ask for proof, so the before/after process became the norm. That's how we know, for sure, the underdrives are good for 10-15 hp. The electric water pump is good for 10 hp. The Kooks headers are good for 40-50 hp. I just didn't see the gains Naz claimed for the Marauder dyno charts.

It would be nice to see somebody to an accurate comparison, that's all I'm saying. I know Naz did the best he could, he's not a tuner and didn't have access to the transmission controls to lock the converter and gear. Just looks like somebody would want to see for sure what they got for that much money.

UD Pulleys worth 10-15HP? EPW 10? and Headers 40-50??????????????

Sorry, but I will LOVE to see dyno chart for those gains! lol!

My own testing and dyno: EPW ~3HP, UD ~8HP, Headers ~10-12HP

I dont want to turn this into a you say, I say. Again, let the dyno/track speak of them self...I have sold over 100 intakes not because he said/I said...but because of the dyno/track performance!

Go to SVTP, or ModFords and just search.......

Naz

Dragcity
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Naz, I think you're doing good stuff here. Really, I do. I would love to run one of your intakes, they make good sense.

The headers on our Marauders are over 12 HP gain though. And I am sure your intakes will play well with them.

Stay positive and keep up the good work.

Paul T. Casey
05-11-2009, 02:05 PM

I dont want to turn this into a you say, I say. Again, let the dyno/track speak of them self...I have sold over 100 intakes not because he said/I said...but because of the dyno/track performance!

Naz
Naz, I'm on your side, but Brian is about right with those numbers. We tend to measure RWHP here. IIRC, back in the day, u/d's freed 10 to 15hp on just about everyone, I personally gained .5 sec with the exhaust (I believe Brian meant the complete package, not just headers), dyno numbers were generally in the 45 hp range. Don't know enough about ewp's to speak pro or con. The other variable not mentioined is we also did post install dyno tuning to optimize the upgrades. I must say, I am very interested in seeing how much gain we get from your product. Even the numbers you state (which seem low to me, but I'm no expert) make this product seem right for those of us who prefer to go NA. I'm saving my pennies and saving my dimes. For I know there will be a time. When I'll buy me a brand new (can't seem to make short runner intake rhyme)

offroadkarter
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
woah, new sponsor!

Blackened300a
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I personally gained .5 sec with the exhaust

OK so I went 13.6 with a basically stock exhaust. Add the full exhaust, 4.30's, with tuning in the right air and this 12 second timeslip really seems that difficult?

Now add a new intake manifold on the market and we still have naysayers?

I think its time to put my #302 on the map.

FordNut
05-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Naz
I personally tested the ewp and udp before & after, so I should be able to come up with those dyno sheets somewhere. I think they were posted but the gallery has been updated a few times and a lot of the old stuff is lost.

The header gains have been documented numerous times. I do mean headers, not shorties. They have to be replaced as a kit with the cats & pipes.

I've looked at modularfords and SVTP but still haven't found the before/after dyno charts. How about posting up some for a manual transmission '99-'01 Cobra or a '03-'04 Mach1.

RR|Suki
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I dunno about N/A but I installed American Racing Long Tubes with 1 3/4" primaries and 3" collectors, and went up to 3" exhaust with an H instead of my 2.5" with the X and gained 8mph so far in the 1/4, made me a header believer.

nazman
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I dunno about N/A but I installed American Racing Long Tubes with 1 3/4" primaries and 3" collectors, and went up to 3" exhaust with an H instead of my 2.5" with the X and gained 8mph so far in the 1/4, made me a header believer.

I know exactly what you are saying.

There is NO WAY that a stock HCI NA 4.6 Marauder/Cobra/Mach is going to gain 50RWHP by swaping headers/mid and CB! No way! Been there, done that on a bunch of cars and combinations that is why I say so.

Now, you running a BB/STR 322/4 CI motor with boost, can see some serious gains going from a stock like exhaust system into a wide open header/mid/cb combo.

I run some fairly sized tubes for my 537RWHP ALL MOTOR 4.6 based combo! 1 3/4 step to 1 7/8s and 3" exhaust and mine does that screaming at 8000++RPMs!!! lol! With brutal trottle response that will put a PD blower to shame!

All Motor FTW!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Naz-Newest-Combo-0309_639751.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Naz-99-Cobra-Instant_161933.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Testingfirst-time-out_641770.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nazman-cutting-some-mid_88298.htm

Again, with your combo I belive gains that big.....but a full 3" exhaust with LTs = Big $$$ (I have one...I know! lol!)

I bet you you will see similar results with one of our Ported Short Runners on your combo!!!

We have 2 of them on a F1R and F1A blower cars! One is awaiting for new cams and the other for the converter to be reflashed. Either...25+PSI! We also have 2 going on T76 turbos, one on a build 4.6 the other a 4.6 based stroker (302CIs)....also over 20PSI of boost!

Naz

ImpalaSlayer
05-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Naz, that thing is ***** INSANE!!!! if i didnt know it id sware it was blown on the hiway roll vid

CKMustangCobra
05-15-2009, 02:07 PM
You don't see a lot of people taking the N/A route on the 4.6DOHC. Props man! That car MOVES with a touch of throttle!

Glenn
05-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Naz:

If one of your IT pushes a MM into the 12.9s you will be a hero. You make a beautiful product with fine workmanship. But, I honestly believe the money is better spent on UDP and EWP. UDP and EWP will get you the same HP results for less money and the engine will rev much quicker and provide greater track results. I have both mods and they work very well. But, if money is no object and I had an olde guy continuously tell me that it is fruitless to try and break into the NA 12.9s then I would buy your IT to shut him up. But, I am still talking.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Zack
05-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Naz:

If one of your IT pushes a MM into the 12.9s you will be a hero. You make a beautiful product with fine workmanship. But, I honestly believe the money is better spent on UDP and EWP. UDP and EWP will get you the same HP results for less money and the engine will rev much quicker and provide greater track results. I have both mods and they work very well. But, if money is no object and I had an olde guy continuously tell me that it is fruitless to try and break into the NA 12.9s then I would buy your IT to shut him up. But, I am still talking.

Glenn, with all due respect, you dont know what you are talking about!

sd8683
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Naz:

Way to go Glenn!! Nice post!

Glenn
05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
I will stick my my post. I know the result of my own mods and how they affected my track results. That is good enough for me. This is not bench racing, but actual hands on drag racing. Show me the 1/4 time results from Naz's IT - anyone, anyone!

sd8683
05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
I will stick my my post. I know the result of my own mods and how they affected my track results. That is good enough for me. This is not bench racing, but actual hands on drag racing. Show me the 1/4 time results from Naz's IT - anyone, anyone!

Unfortunately it will take a few months for me to save up for the naz intake, but I will be going to the track next Wednesday to see what my car does before the headers, 3500 stall TC and new valve body go's in.

Dennis Reinhart
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
IS:

Glenn Ford

I totally agree Glenn, now on a car that has forced induction you may gain a significant amount to offset the cost, just like the PHP spacer 135.00 on a N/A car it really does not do much at all, as compared to UDP or a electric WP, but on a SC car you will see a gain on the dyno.

Baaad GN
05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Now let me see, a member and or vender has a mod and wants $900.00 for it, not $50.00 or $75.00 but $900.00. Ok our members say yaaaaaaaaa lets buy it! Then here comes this so called troublemaker (thats you Glen!) who says not sure if it really works for that kind of money so prove it! Damn your nasty, mean spirited, don't pick on our vender! WOW GO AWAY!!!!!!!!
Gezzzzzzzzzz if Nazzzzzz has a good product you would think he would do what ever to prove it, or maybe not as he's only doing this for fun according to him.

Zack
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
The problem is simple:
Most members here do not stray onto the mustang forums like Myself and others do.
If they did, they would know that Naz is a hero on those forums and has put out a proven product for years and has a HUGE following with satisfied customers.

There is life outside of MM.net, go explore it!

musclemerc
05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
The problem is simple:
Most members here do not stray onto the mustang forums like Myself and others do.
If they did, they would know that Naz is a hero on those forums and has put out a proven product for years and has a HUGE following with satisfied customers.

There is life outside of MM.net, go explore it!
Well said Zack, i've read about his work for more than a year now and never saw a bad post about his work or a customer that he did'nt make happy. Keep it up Naz man! ;)

nazman
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Naz:

Glenn,

Show me where an UD Pulley and EPW will gain 52RWHP @ 6800RPMs. Ill give you a free intake.

It has been documented 100s of times: EPW = ~3RWHP, UDP ~8RWHP

The Marauders are not the only 4Vs running those mods. We have been running them on the 4Vs since 1996 on our beloved 4Vs!

Glenn,

My standard ported intakes (ported/TIG) have been documented over and over again, to yeild .2ths and 3MPH gains! Its not always about peak numbers but the meat is really: Area under the curve!

I understand and by reading your post, I see are not just an NA guy and that is just fine brother. There are others who make your power levels all motor.

Not everyone needs a blower. I run all motor and will kill and destroy 99% of all cars roaming the streets!

We will have track times of a Nazty PSR here very soon....no worries. We will do a stock intake do 2 passes back to back, swap intakes AT THE TRACK (just for you) and follow up with 2 passes with a Nazty ported short runner. No tuning, nothing so it will as fair as it can be, that means that the Nazty Ported Short Runner tune will not be optimized...just for you we will be on a disanvantage.

I know that no test is 100% and Im not a scientist, nor claim to be one but you and others will always cry about this and that, just like the dyno we posted...but hey, this is a forum and people post thier opinions.

More to come!

Naz

PS. and Ill take your $100.00 bucks brother!

Dobs
05-15-2009, 06:02 PM
We will have track times of a Nazty PSR here very soon....no worries. We will do a stock intake do 2 passes back to back, swap intakes AT THE TRACK (just for you) and follow up with 2 passes with a Nazty ported short runner. No tuning, nothing so it will as fair as it can be, that means that the Nazty Ported Short Runner tune will not be optimized...just for you we will be on a disanvantage.

Sweet! :banana2:

Glenn
05-15-2009, 07:18 PM
You have a nice product - but no hero for 20 HP and $900. I can read Dyno charts too and have been on many Mustang sites. I have personally seen before and after dyno runs on EWPs and UDP - I know what they can do - on the dyno and track. I also ran them in my MM. They are worth 18-20 HP. If you run 12s with an IT NA then you have proven your point. But, until then give me my EWP and UDP for a NA and I'll beat your IT.

Good Luck - I don't see it happening.

Zack
05-15-2009, 08:21 PM
You have a nice product - but no hero for 20 HP and $900. I can read Dyno charts too and have been on many Mustang sites. I have personally seen before and after dyno runs on EWPs and UDP - I know what they can do - on the dyno and track. I also ran them in my MM. They are worth 18-20 HP. If you run 12s with an IT NA then you have proven your point. But, until then give me my EWP and UDP for a NA and I'll beat your IT.

Good Luck - I don't see it happening.

Glenn, no disrespect, but you are wrong.
Stop now, before you look like a real dummy.

babbage
05-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Glenn, no disrespect, but you are wrong.
Stop now, before you look like a real dummy.

I think we are past that point already.

ImpalaSlayer
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I think we are past that point already.

least for me anyway

Blackened300a
05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I have personally seen before and after dyno runs on EWPs and UDP - I know what they can do - on the dyno and track. I also ran them in my MM. They are worth 18-20 HP. If you run 12s with an IT NA then you have proven your point. But, until then give me my EWP and UDP for a NA and I'll beat your IT.

Glenn, 18-20HP at the flywheel Ill agree, at the rear wheels its no more then 10 rwhp. They make a nice difference but 18-20rwhp would be like 60 hp gain at the flywheel.

TAKEDOWN
05-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Nazman I'm glad you're here. If only I was rich!

Bradley G
05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I'll go with the 10 + RWHP gain with UD's and a elec. water pump.
Please show me how 18-20 RWHP = 60 hp at the crank :confused:

Glenn, 18-20HP at the flywheel Ill agree, at the rear wheels its no more then 10 rwhp. They make a nice difference but 18-20rwhp would be like 60 hp gain at the flywheel.

FordNut
05-17-2009, 06:51 AM

I did before/after dyno test one time with the EWP, it made 10 hp difference.

I did before/after dyno test at another time with the UDP, it also made 10 hp difference.

Add them together and it's about 20 hp.

Me too. I'd imagine 18-20 at the wheels is maybe 25 or so at the crank. But 60??? Somebody's math is hosed up.

Blackened300a
05-17-2009, 07:48 AM

So exactly how much HP at the crank would be needed to put down 18-20 horse power at the rear wheels??

IMe too. I'd imagine 18-20 at the wheels is maybe 25 or so at the crank. But 60??? Somebody's math is hosed up.

So what you are saying is that I could make an extra 18-20 RWHP by adding just 25hp to the crank? These engine are supposed to make 302hp at the crank but only 242-245 of it ever make it to the wheels.

sd8683
05-17-2009, 08:02 AM
So exactly how much HP at the crank would be needed to put down 18-20 horse power at the rear wheels??

So what you are saying is that I could make an extra 18-20 RWHP by adding just 25hp to the crank? These engine are supposed to make 302hp at the crank but only 242-245 of it ever make it to the wheels.

From what I have been told, you lose 20% from the crank to the wheels.

Blackened300a
05-17-2009, 08:12 AM
From what I have been told, you lose 20% from the crank to the wheels.

Yes 15-20% lost from the crank to the rear wheels, but according to them if you bolt on a part thats advertised at 12hp you get a full 10hp to the rear wheels.

But hey, its my math thats hosed up.

Glenn
05-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Naz:

People are hung up on HP gains and not real world track performance. I am into track performance not HP. The IT Dyno does not show HP below 4,150 rpm. This is where you launch your MM and win or lose at the 1/4 mile. What are the HP gains at launch?? I do not necessarily go with the total HP under the dyno curve analysis to sell a mod - I also look at peak HP at rpms. I am not alone in this view. A 0.2 reduction in the 1/4 is not enough to sell this mod for the money unless you are at 13.2 sec.

If another lower HP mod(s) can get a MM off the line quickly (at half the cost) - your IT will have to run him down at the end of the track. Remember a 0.1 sec reduction in 60' time is worth 0.2 at the end of the track. If your IT shows 20 HP gain at launch - you win.

I do not appreciate name calling on this site - you and I are having a civil discussion on your mod. The name calling has been done by someone who has made a complete fool of himself on this site many times as well as many other car sites. He holds the record for being banned on the internet. (Please return the $120 SC pulley I gave you.)

I believe you have a nice product with fine workmanship and appearance. My only comments are with cost vs performance which has been the mainstay of nearly all mods on this site starting 6 years ago. But, our younger members do not know of the many discussions this site has had on this issue. This has been a tradition of this site that has been regretably lost recently because most of the mods have been throughly discussed. Now you have a very promising mod to offer. I see no reason not to review your mod as this site has done on new mods since it started.

I will be attending the South East Drag Day on May 24 at Silver $ Dragway in GA. It's an unusal event for me and Chris because it is attended mostly by ricers, but there are some nasty Stealth and 3000GT TT attending along with several AMGs and other exotic makes. If you can make it on short notice you are more then welcome. Perhaps we can have the first pass of a IT MM breaking the 12.9s. I'll have a crisp $100 bill waiting for you.

FordNut
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes 15-20% lost from the crank to the rear wheels, but according to them if you bolt on a part thats advertised at 12hp you get a full 10hp to the rear wheels.

But hey, its my math thats hosed up.

Yes, your math is seriously hosed up. You LOSE about 20% crank to wheels. I MEASURED about 18-20 at the wheels. Therefore it should have about 20% MORE at the crank. So 1.2 x 20 = 24

Shora
05-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Naz:

People are hung up on HP gains and not real world track performance. I am into track performance not HP. The IT Dyno does not show HP below 4,150 rpm. This is where you launch your MM and win or lose at the 1/4 mile. What are the HP gains at launch?? I do not necessarily go with the total HP under the dyno curve analysis to sell a mod - I also look at peak HP at rpms. I am not alone in this view. A 0.2 reduction in the 1/4 is not enough to sell this mod for the money unless you are at 13.2 sec.

If another lower HP mod(s) can get a MM off the line quickly (at half the cost) - your IT will have to run him down at the end of the track. Remember a 0.1 sec reduction in 60' time is worth 0.2 at the end of the track. If your IT shows 20 HP gain at launch - you win.

I do not appreciate name calling on this site - you and I are having a civil discussion on your mod. The name calling has been done by someone who has made a complete fool of himself on this site many times as well as many other car sites. He holds the record for being banned on the internet. (Please return the $120 SC pulley I gave you.)

I believe you have a nice product with fine workmanship and appearance. My only comments are with cost vs performance which has been the mainstay of nearly all mods on this site starting 6 years ago. But, our younger members do not know of the many discussions this site has had on this issue. This has been a tradition of this site that has been regretably lost recently because most of the mods have been throughly discussed. Now you have a very promising mod to offer. I see no reason not to review your mod as this site has done on new mods since it started.

I will be attending the South East Drag Day on May 24 at Silver $ Dragway in GA. It's an unusal event for me and Chris because it is attended mostly by ricers, but there are some nasty Stealth and 3000GT TT attending along with several AMGs and other exotic makes. If you can make it on short notice you are more then welcome. Perhaps we can have the first pass of a IT MM breaking the 12.9s. I'll have a crisp $100 bill waiting for you.

Agree with him or not, at least he puts his money where his mouth is.

Second, at worst, he is trying to better understand the benefits of this mod (and that can only help the rest of us).

Peace2Peep
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
:flamer::lol::shot::uzi::cheer ::neener::fishslap::cheesed::d uel::gunfire::sorry:

This is an adventure!:popcorn:

Blackened300a
05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, your math is seriously hosed up. You LOSE about 20% crank to wheels. I MEASURED about 18-20 at the wheels. Therefore it should have about 20% MORE at the crank. So 1.2 x 20 = 24

I posted before that if you can pull an extra 18-20 RWHP you would have to ADD almost 60 BHP to the crank.

Exactly how much HP at the crank would you need to produce 18-20 RWHP?

RR|Suki
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
I posted before that if you can pull an extra 18-20 RWHP you would have to ADD almost 60 BHP to the crank.

a bit over 24 to get 20 crank

sd8683
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM

Paul, all you have to do is add 20% to the 20RWHP and you get 24 HP at the crank.

FordNut
05-17-2009, 05:14 PM

Using your math, it would take about 750 at the crank to get 250 rwhp. Duh.

Blackened300a
05-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Alright then I stand corrected, we all still friends here? :D

FordNut
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Group hug?

n00bkiller944
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
^^^HUG

http://paulstallard.files.wordpress.c om/2008/12/group-hug1.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
awww grosss!

babbage
05-17-2009, 06:17 PM
I did before/after dyno test one time with the EWP, it made 10 hp difference.

I did before/after dyno test at another time with the UDP, it also made 10 hp difference.

Add them together and it's about 20 hp.

WRONG. You can't add them together. Talk about misleading people and trying to do proper tests? Take a stock MM and Dyno it then install the EWP and underdrives *both* at the same time then dyno it.

The power loss you stop the engine from loosing by installing underdrives comes mostly from the water pump - yes it's the most power hungry accessory... You are taking that claimed gain of 10HP and then saying you'll gain an additional 10hp by going EWP - as if an under driven mechanical water pump still requires 10HP to spin?? I don't think so -- talk about flawed math. Reminds me of Obama's spending plan - it doesn't add up.

Underdrives stop parasitic losses from the engine they don't create power like the Naz intake does. Someone post up these 20RWHP dyno increases from underdrives and an electric water pump combined not individually -- let's see it. Didn't Naz's intake show a gain of 52RWHP on the high end anyway?

Just post the graphs - Glen do you have any dynos of this 24 (20rwhp) dyno? No? Then don't get upset.

FordNut
05-17-2009, 06:38 PM
whatever... Since you're such an expert. So how many dyno pulls have you made on your car now?

And it's not as if I pulled off one mod before putting the other one on. I put on UDP, dynoed before/after, gained 10 rwhp. I put on the ewp, dynoed before/after, gained 10 MORE hp. Adds up to 20. Now if I had gone back to the original pulleys before doing the ewp, I might agree with you.

babbage
05-18-2009, 05:56 AM
whatever... Since you're such an expert. So how many dyno pulls have you made on your car now?

And it's not as if I pulled off one mod before putting the other one on. I put on UDP, dynoed before/after, gained 10 rwhp. I put on the ewp, dynoed before/after, gained 10 MORE hp. Adds up to 20. Now if I had gone back to the original pulleys before doing the ewp, I might agree with you.

Zero Dynos, plenty of timeslips. I've installed new water pumps and underdrives myself on our cars. Never went with both UD's and a EWP on a daily driver as I feel its unsafe, you are spinning the alternator less and at the same time are asking for a good amount of additional electricity to run the electric water pump.

Look don't get bent out of shape. I'd like to see these graphs that you have. It doesn't seem possible to gain an additional 10hp from a setup that already includes and underdriven water pump.

You are missing the big picture too. Underdrives stop parasitic loss they don't "create" power they reduce what's being lost. Naz's intake does create power on the high end so it could be used together with the UD and EWP.

They aren't even in the same category of power adders yet you and Glen sit here and try to discredit and debate something so elemental "that's been proven over and over by the old timers" yet you have not one dyno graph or timeslip to show these abnomally high gains (20rwhp) you guys claim to get with a technology that has nothing to do with an intake that *makes* power. Nice that you drag underdrives and EWP into a new vendors intake thread anyways. :grad:

20 still isn't 54 :rolleyes:

I'd like to see a timeslip from ImpalaSlayer too. He knows where he was already running

- Besides Guys Naz is a new site sponsor + vendor for our cars and has promising products. I wanted to see the dyno under 4K also - I asked. We will know soon enough how effective it is on a MM.

justbob
05-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Alright i'm confused, this question i'm about to ask is intended for any mod, not any particular one in general.

Isn't the reduction of power lost through your engine with any mod equal more power that was there for delivery before, but restricted, hence create more power and proven results?

That seems like common sense to me.

It's just running more efficeint with different parts is all, kinda like a CAI. Some say that they let more air in, when others say no, they just don't restrict the air coming in like stock air boxes, therefore more efficient and more power. Perhaps a thread should be started on this subject and give this one back to Naz.

rayjay
05-18-2009, 06:38 AM
When I was a Focus owner/modifier we referred to UDPs as "freeing up" HP, not generating it. Silly thing to argue over, IMHO...

As for the Naz intake mod, I'm gonna sit back and see what plays out. I'm interested to see what it does down low. The last thing I want is to lose low end power on a 4200# car. 1/4 mile results are meaningless to me as I rarely go to the track. If the intake shows good results across a full pull without low end loss, it will be my next mod.

nazman
05-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Alright i'm confused, this question i'm about to ask is intended for any mod, not any particular one in general.

Isn't the reduction of power lost through your engine with any mod equal more power that was there for delivery before, but restricted, hence create more power and proven results?

That seems like common sense to me.

It's just running more efficeint with different parts is all, kinda like a CAI. Some say that they let more air in, when others say no, they just don't restrict the air coming in like stock air boxes, therefore more efficient and more power. Perhaps a thread should be started on this subject and give this one back to Naz.

Agreed.

Naz

tmhutch
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
1) This piece is the same as the TBs being sold. There is such a thing as cost vs. performance. TBs fail the test as does this new IT at $900.

2) We owe it to members of this site to inform them so they do not spend needless money on mods that really do not improve your HP or performance.

3) You have a nice product - but no hero for 20 HP and $900.

4) I honestly believe the money is better spent on UDP and EWP. The engine will rev much quicker and provide greater track results.

5) Give me my EWP and UDP for a NA and I'll beat your IT.

6) If you run 12s with an IT NA then you have proven your point. Good Luck - I don't see it happening.

Glenn Ford

Wow. I appreciate and respect a healthy amount of skepticism regarding any new product claiming extra horsepower but this is ridiculous. Without taking the time to learn Naz's excellent reputation or see more in depth information you've concluded the intake "does not improve HP or performance" and that it doesnt provide "good value for the money". It's also weird how you frame your conversation like the UDP/EWP and the ported intake is an either/or decision. It's not. If those mods really provide the numbers you say, than by all means do them first. It doesnt mean you cant ALSO do a ported short runner intake. Which by the way, WILL smoke the UDP/EWP combo at the track. But why quibble? Do them both in whatever order you choose.

It's not like he's selling some kind of snake oil utilizing top secret black magic voodoo gold plated impeller bearings. It's a short runner intake manifold that has been proven OVER and OVER since 2002. Naz has close to 100 very happy customers and not one unhpappy one. That says more than any dyno sheet.

Naz is the only guy who will give you every detail about his work, provide exact specifications and even pictures for everyone to see. Most intake porters try to keep everything secret but Naz is the most straight up, honest guy you could ever meet and this intake is an ANIMAL. No two ways about it.

Alot of very negative statements on here from people who lack proper education on the subject. Some healthy skepticism is good but these kinds of attacks are uncalled for. I suggest investing a little more time and patience before jumping to conclusions.

SC Cheesehead
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Alot of very negative statements on here from people who lack proper education on the subject. Some healthy skepticism is good but these kinds of attacks are uncalled for. I suggest investing a little more time and patience before jumping to conclusions.

Uhhhh, and you are???? :dunno:

I'd like to see some feedback from a couple Marauder owners who go with the mod, have to agree with Rayjay, if it does anything to compromise low-end power, prolly not the way to go, but I'll keep and open mind til I hear more.

Joe Walsh
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Not to beat a dead horse...but:

UDPs & EWP minimize parasitic losses, they don't eliminate them.
They don't create more HP like Naz's intake, but if you are no longer using the HP to spin the pulleys and WP, guess what?
That freed up HP is now going to the rear wheels...so who cares if it creates more HP or if it allows more HP to be used for moving the car?
Net result by either method is a faster car.
I'd use all of them if I had a spare $900.00 for Naz's intake.

FordNut
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Zero Dynos, plenty of timeslips. I've installed new water pumps and underdrives myself on our cars. Never went with both UD's and a EWP on a daily driver as I feel its unsafe, you are spinning the alternator less and at the same time are asking for a good amount of additional electricity to run the electric water pump.

Look don't get bent out of shape. I'd like to see these graphs that you have. It doesn't seem possible to gain an additional 10hp from a setup that already includes and underdriven water pump.

You are missing the big picture too. Underdrives stop parasitic loss they don't "create" power they reduce what's being lost. Naz's intake does create power on the high end so it could be used together with the UD and EWP.

They aren't even in the same category of power adders yet you and Glen sit here and try to discredit and debate something so elemental "that's been proven over and over by the old timers" yet you have not one dyno graph or timeslip to show these abnomally high gains (20rwhp) you guys claim to get with a technology that has nothing to do with an intake that *makes* power. Nice that you drag underdrives and EWP into a new vendors intake thread anyways. :grad:

20 still isn't 54 :rolleyes:

I'd like to see a timeslip from ImpalaSlayer too. He knows where he was already running

- Besides Guys Naz is a new site sponsor + vendor for our cars and has promising products. I wanted to see the dyno under 4K also - I asked. We will know soon enough how effective it is on a MM.

The graphs from my dyno testing were posted here and lost during one of the gallery upgrades. I may be able to find them, but it'll take awhile.

I track tested too. Mine was one of only about 3-4 that broke the 300 rwhp barrier. I turned 13.39 in the 1/4 at 103 mph when it was NA. And 54 isn't 54 either. Ask anybody who has been to a dyno "how much power does it make" and they tell you the peak number. Even the latest graph that NAZ posted shows the before at 299 and the after at 311. Granted the higher rpms have more gains, but still you're re-defining the convention here.

The area under the curve is impressive in the latest graph, so maybe somebody will break into the 12's NA.

Glenn
05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
One thing I will say, I bet this discussion (debate) will sell more Natz ITs then if we did not have it. So it seems Natz is the winner which is OK. The real point is who else is going to be a winner?

But, let's not just discount the information that has been contributed on this thread. Nothing is proven of any real substance until an honest IT is run on the track? Everything else is just bench racing. The other mods mentioned have been throughly tested and are proven winners. Fordnut, myself and many others have run these combinations and won regardless if you are a peak HP or HP under the curve guy. The IT has yet to be proven (a Mustang is not a MM) - all we have are dyno graphs and nothing under 4,150 rpm which is where it really counts for our heavy MMs to launch off the line. Give me 0.1 off the line which is really 0.2 at the stripe anytime. Let it continue-------!!!!!!!!!!

Bradley G
05-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I like the curve! I wish I could see a pull from down low too.
Like Brian said. better get ready to pay up.:D
One thing I will say, I bet this discussion (debate) will sell more Natz ITs then if we did not have it. So it seems Natz is the winner which is OK. The real point is who else is going to be a winner?

But, let's not just discount the information that has been contributed on this thread. Nothing is proven of any real substance until an honest IT is run on the track? Everything else is just bench racing. The other mods mentioned have been throughly tested and are proven winners. Fordnut, myself and many others have run these combinations and won regardless if you are a peak HP or HP under the curve guy. The IT has yet to be proven (a Mustang is not a MM) - all we have are dyno graphs and nothing under 4,150 rpm which is where it really counts for our heavy MMs to launch off the line. Give me 0.1 off the line which is really 0.2 at the stripe anytime. Let it continue-------!!!!!!!!!!

nazman
05-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately,

Im curently on vacation within the Caribbean and will not be back 'till the 27th.....you guys will have back to back 1/4 mile passes with a stock intake and a Nazty Ported Short Runner not later than 2 weeks upon my arrival. On a Marauder.

Naz

Glockafella
05-19-2009, 09:39 AM
NAZ, great product, thanks for your time and effort making/researching/engineering them and being a sponsor.

Keep it up bro!

Baaad GN
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Wish I could go to the Carriabbean but I can't afford it, hmm maybe if I sold some turbosnapers for $1,500? LOL

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Anyone heard from Carlos?
Guy's on modularfords are looking for him.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138463

Blackened300a
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Anyone heard from Carlos?
Guy's on modularfords are looking for him.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138463

Im also on the hunt for him. :mad:

merc
07-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Im also on the hunt for him. :mad:

After reading all the stories on the other forum I was thinking about your purchase at the same time.

sd8683
07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
After reading all the stories on the other forum I was thinking about your purchase at the same time.

^^^^^+1^^^^^ As was I..... I hope you have a happy ending Paul.

Glenn
07-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I certainly am not one to say I TOLD YOU SOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

But, this one time I WILL --_I TOLD YOU SOoooooo-------------

I wonder how many posters on this site who called me names and ridiculed my position on the Natz IT when I told everyone it just wasn't worth it and the HP wasn't there are now willing to step forward and admit they were wrong. I can tell you right now - NONE!

Furthermore, the NA 12's will never happen either - period!

:argue:

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately,

Im curently on vacation within the Caribbean and will not be back 'till the 27th.....you guys will have back to back 1/4 mile passes with a stock intake and a Nazty Ported Short Runner not later than 2 weeks upon my arrival. On a Marauder.

Naz

I hope nothing went wrong with his vacation. You never know what can go wrong and suddenly you find yourself incapacitated.....or incarcerated.......

1 Bad Merc
07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Rich..you sound like a man with experience. Tijuana flashback's can be painful! The therapist is your friend. Ha Ha.

O's Fan Rich
07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Rich..you sound like a man with experience. Tijuana flashback's can be painful! The therapist is your friend. Ha Ha.

South of the border..... down Mexico way......
(Sinatra sang it so well....)

sd8683
07-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I hope nothing went wrong with his vacation. You never know what can go wrong and suddenly you find yourself incapacitated.....or incarcerated.......

Well said Rich, very tastefully put, unlike Glenn! The guy could be laid up in a hospital somewhere and Glenn is patting himself on the back saying how "right" he is! :shake:

Blackened300a
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
The 27th of June I sent him this PM and this was his response.

Originally Posted by Blackened300a
Naz,
We are now over a month and no intake. Im seriously disappointed with the service Im receiving by you. I sent the money and the intake immediately after talking to you. I upheld my part of the deal, now I have to sit and wait until you want to ship it out. If you cant fill my order then send me back my stock intake and refund me my money.
Im the only member on this site that mails out tons of items like my Tshirts and hats I make up. I couldnt take peoples money and then just make them wait for the item this long. Im not even in business and I couldnt do this a customer.
Please give me date or idea when I can receive my item which is bought and paid for.

Paul

Paul,

Please acept my most sincere apologies.

I spent the last 9 days in the hospital. I suffer of Colorectal Cancer and I had some massive bleeds that took me into the hospital and Im on bed rest until Monday since I can not be standing or sitting for more than a few minutes right now.

Your intake its about 50% completed and will be completed and shipped as soon as possible.

Im really sorry about this, since this is not the way I like to do buisness.

Naz

If hes in bad health then Ill wait a little longer, But since this seems like a excuse since he is "on vacation" then Im contacting paypal, the BBB and a lawyer to get my intake back.

Im so sick of getting burned by vendors on this site.

RR|Suki
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
The 27th of June I sent him this PM and this was his response.

Originally Posted by Blackened300a
Naz,
We are now over a month and no intake. Im seriously disappointed with the service Im receiving by you. I sent the money and the intake immediately after talking to you. I upheld my part of the deal, now I have to sit and wait until you want to ship it out. If you cant fill my order then send me back my stock intake and refund me my money.
Im the only member on this site that mails out tons of items like my Tshirts and hats I make up. I couldnt take peoples money and then just make them wait for the item this long. Im not even in business and I couldnt do this a customer.
Please give me date or idea when I can receive my item which is bought and paid for.

Paul

Paul,

Please acept my most sincere apologies.

I spent the last 9 days in the hospital. I suffer of Colorectal Cancer and I had some massive bleeds that took me into the hospital and Im on bed rest until Monday since I can not be standing or sitting for more than a few minutes right now.

Your intake its about 50% completed and will be completed and shipped as soon as possible.

Im really sorry about this, since this is not the way I like to do buisness.

Naz

If hes in bad health then Ill wait a little longer, But since this seems like a excuse since he is "on vacation" then Im contacting paypal, the BBB and a lawyer to get my intake back.

Im so sick of getting burned by vendors on this site.

He posted that mid may big dog, so he was back from vacation May 27th not june 27th. I wouldn't discount the hospital visit just yet. Hopefully he's ok if he is in the hospital

Glenn
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry guys, but read the full posts on Modular. They are really bad. One post is even by the site moderator. One person bought 3 ITs months ago and nothing. There is no indication at Modular that he was in the hospital. Its over! I figure he has about 12 ITs sold and no delivery.

OK :flamer:

Glenn :burnout:

offroadkarter
07-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Paul, i'd work on getting your intake and money back....

Things arent looking good

offroadkarter
07-09-2009, 12:54 AM
He's been posting on SVTP, he's around....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=986

Well i guess in his defense

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/616894-fr500-intake-manifold.html

Reason for sale: "To cover medical bills"

He might be telling the truth there....

Im going back to spectating lol

Blackened300a
07-09-2009, 03:27 AM
He posted that mid may big dog, so he was back from vacation May 27th not june 27th. I wouldn't discount the hospital visit just yet. Hopefully he's ok if he is in the hospital

This wasnt a post, this was a personal PM he sent me about 2 weeks ago.

O's Fan Rich
07-09-2009, 04:00 AM

Paul, if you need an intake, let me know.

O's Fan Rich
07-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Hey Paul,
Just posted on Modular, you may be good soon:

ok guys...i got an email earlier this afternoon from Nazman(Carlos) asking to verify my shipping info as my intake was boxed up ready to go. so i replied with the necessary info soon after receiving the email.

"well the update is.... at 9:00pm tonight (central time) i got an email from Naz with a UPS tracking number!!!! i checked the tracking number with UPS web site and it says status is 3 day delivery and that the shipping information has only been received and a label has been printed. they say they will update there info as soon as they receive the package.....which i'm assuming and praying will be tomorrow.

let ya'all know more as i know it....."

Blackened300a
07-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Ill give him til the end of the month. Then Im going to do what I have to do.

Pops
07-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Paul you are waiting to long here. You need to take action now!

FordNut
07-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Although the delays are unacceptably long and the communication is poor, I don't believe Naz is trying to rip off anybody. The workmanship on his intake mods is very good, even though the ROI (HP/$) makes this mod hardly worth the expense. He's like many hobbyist performance modders and this is not his primary job, so it sometimes takes awhile for him to get the work done.

I was happy with the port/polish work he did on my Cobra lower, however I did have trouble getting him to send back the fitting on the bottom and had to buy one elsewhere.

RR|Suki
07-09-2009, 07:19 AM

I was talking about the vacation post, that was in May. He told you he was in the hospital in June. That's what I was saying, the may vacation has nothing to do with whether or not he was in the hospital, that's all.

Glenn
07-09-2009, 08:42 AM
"Needs to cover medical bills" ? If he is retired military I can assure you has full medical insurance. We will see!

Raudermaster
07-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Exactly, his bills should be paid for by the military. I noticed he's selling an FR500 instake on SVTP when I was browsing around for $1250. Hope he's not trying to "ditch" some stuff and fly the coupe. I believe his car is for sale too.

Vortech347
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
who the hell are you guys to tell him his bills are paid? if your so confident they are covered then PM him and ask him.

Jeeeze. Be upset because you don't have a product but don't cut the man down if he has an actual medical condition. You might as well take some crutches from tiny tim and beat the hell out of him with them.

Peace2Peep
07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
who the hell are you guys to tell him his bills are paid? if your so confident they are covered then PM him and ask him.

Jeeeze. Be upset because you don't have a product but don't cut the man down if he has an actual medical condition. You might as well take some crutches from tiny tim and beat the hell out of him with them.

Wow! What HE said!:bunny2:

Glenn
07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Blackened: SpeedofSound on MF received his IT on Wednesday. Have you gotten yours yet?

Blackened300a
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Blackened: SpeedofSound on MF received his IT on Wednesday. Have you gotten yours yet?

I sent another blunt email to him last week and he said hes back on his feet and I should have a tracking number no later then Friday (tomorrow).

Ill keep you guys posted.

n00bkiller944
07-18-2009, 06:41 PM
^^How did it go?

rayjay
07-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Well after reading all this mess I guess this will not be my next mod. With all the OT I shoud be working this fall, can we say long tube headers? :D

Blackened300a
07-19-2009, 09:47 AM
^^How did it go?

I got a email asking me to confirm my shipping address but no tracking number.

Well after reading all this mess I guess this will not be my next mod. :D

I should have put the money in headers as well. You would think a brand new vendor on the site would do everything they can to get established and build a reputation.

bob6364
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
You would think a brand new vendor on the site would do everything they can to get established and build a reputation.

OOOh....he has a Rep for sure now...He has a pretty good history on other sites but here....not so good me thinks.

FormulaMarauder
07-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I was thinking about this intake. Guess not. Sounds like a nightmare.

Glenn
07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
So in hind sight maybe I had some good input on this matter ----------. I certainly do not believe my comments were "foolish" as a former member stated. Headers would have been a better choice on a NA engine.

bob6364
07-27-2009, 06:52 AM
So in hind sight maybe I had some good input on this matter ----------. I certainly do not believe my comments were "foolish" as a former member stated. Headers would have been a better choice on a NA engine.

Your right Glenn but for different reasons,in this economy you could hand SW or Kooks or friggin Summit a 1000 bucks and tomorrow they could belly-up on you,you just never know.:bigcry:

dohc324ci
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
^^^HUG

http://paulstallard.files.wordpress.c om/2008/12/group-hug1.jpg

Your killing me; that was funny:lol:

dohc324ci
08-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Ok need feed back. Considering this mod to top off the build.

Big Bore Stroker 10:1cr
Stage III P&P Heads
Ford GT Cams
Nazty PSRI

Wadya think?

dohc324ci
08-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Sorry guys, but read the full posts on Modular. They are really bad. One post is even by the site moderator. One person bought 3 ITs months ago and nothing. There is no indication at Modular that he was in the hospital. Its over! I figure he has about 12 ITs sold and no delivery.

OK :flamer:

Hey Glen you do know its a father (owner) son (in the military) operation right?

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2009, 04:00 AM
bcastro, id sell you mine, im going with an eaton swap

dohc324ci
08-19-2009, 09:18 AM
bcastro, id sell you mine, im going with an eaton swap
Pm sent.;)

Loco1234
08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Hmm I was planning on buying one. I was hoping it would get me over the 800HP mark at the flywheel.

any chance of this still happening...?

-Matt-
08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Did fordnut ever receive his?

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Did fordnut ever receive his?

i dont think he bought one??? i know Blackened300a bought one and finnaly recived it after a few months

Blackened300a
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I received mine 3 months after I sent the money and my stock lower intake. Its a nice piece if you have patience and earplugs.

-Matt-
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Thats who i ment.... blackend, got em confuzzled

dohc324ci
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
i dont think he bought one??? i know Blackened300a bought one and finnaly recived it after a few months

Impala,

was yours loud like blackened?

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Impala,

was yours loud like blackened?

lol just sent you a pm. no mine on my car definitly does not make that annoying ass sound Pauls makes.

Glenn
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I have yet to read ANY feedback on the IT performance vs. $1,000 cost. That is - 1/4 mile performance! You know - like in drag racing. I guess we just post on how great the new sound is under the hood.

In case you're forgotten - drag racing - see video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-Marauder-123-Run-at_701913.htm

Glenn :flamer:

FormulaMarauder
08-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Christ Glen, not everyone can do a swap and then head to the track the next day. Patience man, patience.

dohc324ci
08-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I have yet to read ANY feedback on the IT performance vs. $1,000 cost. That is - 1/4 mile performance! You know - like in drag racing. I guess we just post on how great the new sound is under the hood.

In case you're forgotten - drag racing - see video.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-Marauder-123-Run-at_701913.htm

Glenn :flamer:
Glenn,

I found a guy who claims up to 45hp with his ported upper and lower intake with my setup, going for $325. I may have to check that out. I know NAZ PSRI ($951) is custom to each application although he also has a Ported Intake option as well $591.00 w/core. I would be skeptical for the amount of $$$ for just an intake as well. I know LS1s intakes are about the same $$ and they claim the same HP.

But as a whole Heads/CAMS/Intake package "may" give you some nice gains 80/100rwhp+ possible over stock....but is pricey.

Ported Heads - $850- 45hp
GT Cams - $420/$1200comp cams/crower -25/35hp
Comp Cam Springs $369
Ported Intake - $325 / NAZ PI $591 / NAZ PSRI $951 10/25hp
Labor - 16hrs $1600

$4500+ hmmmm depending on setup; DR SC around the same price. I would only consider that HCI setup if building a motor.

Glenn
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Interesting analysis bcastro - more logical input of this kind is needed. The bottom line is save your money for a SC - sending money on a stock internal NA engine to push it over 300 HP is just not worth it. 290-300 HP is the resonable cost limit on a NA stock internal engine before going SC.

dohc324ci
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Glenn.

Agreed. Yes after 300rwhp (basic bolt on's and tune) a SC dollar for dollar is the way to go no matter how you slice and dice. Just the intake will not be worth doing alone. H/C/I + R&R?tune $4500+

Now if your in the situation I am in:

Built motor plus + SC of choice is $14/16k

or

Built NA (BB/Stroker/H/C/I) + RR/Tune for now and setup for FI later $11/12k

**all supporting mods hoping to be over 400rwhp+ I think this mod (intake) is worth doing because the amount of air that needs to feed the new beast.

I must say I went this route because 1. I wanted to have a unique setup BB/S 5.3L (Alternative Auto/Modular Performance articles) and save a few bucks 2. Not real confident on a SC install here in Cali (I have to smog this month!) although the Vortech Kit should work on a technicality.
:beer:

dohc324ci
08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Ok, I bit.......I am in the process of purchasing one of these. I spoke to Carlos and he is going to match the runner lengths based on the CR/CI of the new motor. He is also going to reinforce the bottom end to accept the blower (DR Vortech) in the future. I spoke to my builder and he was mentioning the intake will be a bottle neck with my setup and wont gain the full potential of the motor. I am also looking to get the PHP Intake spacer from ImpalaSlayer. My goal is to get at the very minimum 400rwhp and with the PSRI 450rwhp+ NA so here I am.

FordNut
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Not sure if your cam selection will rev high enough to take advantage of the short runner intake, may want to re-think that decision. Of course, if you optimize the cams for the setup they most likely won't be smog legal.

Glenn
08-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I believe in people doing their own thing and enjoying their MMs. So any advice from a SC guy to any NA guy is not going to appreciated. So at the risk of being flamed :flamer:. I'll just say one thing.

Spending $12,000 on a 400 HP NA engine and then being blown away by a 400 HP $6,000 Trilogy SC on a stock engine would make me very unhappy. SC your engine and enjoy it until it blows - $6,000. It may last a lot longer then you think. Plus, your 400 HP NA engine will not be as streetable as a Trilogy or even a Vortec engine. Lastly your HP will be made way too high to be much use except for high speed runs. A 400 HP SC engine will beat a 400 HP NA any day because it will get off the line quickly and 90% of a race is the launch and first 60'.

OK, go to it :argue:

FormulaMarauder
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM

I laugh at your posts, I truly enjoy them. I agree with 99% of it. The whole point of the NA 12second MM was to see if it could be done. Had nothing to do with value/hp/cost, etc.

dohc324ci
08-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Not sure if your cam selection will rev high enough to take advantage of the short runner intake, may want to re-think that decision. Of course, if you optimize the cams for the setup they most likely won't be smog legal.

Thats my dilemma. The ported short runner intake with this cam will "still" make power not optimal but there are trade offs living in Cali. The GT Cams will make peak power at 6500 and the PSRI will broaden that see linky (hopefully).

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1156469
file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png

dohc324ci
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
[quote=Glenn;801445]I believe in people doing their own thing and enjoying their MMs. So any advice from a SC guy to any NA guy is not going to appreciated. So at the risk of being flamed :flamer:. I'll just say one thing.

Spending $12,000 on a 400 HP NA engine and then being blown away by a 400 HP $6,000 Trilogy SC on a stock engine would make me very unhappy. SC your engine and enjoy it until it blows - $6,000. It may last a lot longer then you think. Plus, your 400 HP NA engine will not be as streetable as a Trilogy or even a Vortec engine. Lastly your HP will be made way too high to be much use except for high speed runs. A 400 HP SC engine will beat a 400 HP NA any day because it will get off the line quickly and 90% of a race is the launch and first 60'.

Glenn, nice to hear you chime in. While you may be right about 400NA vs 400SC.....I still have MORE POTENTIAL. The motor is built to make HP NA while still be able to accept a power adder later. And the reason I chose the cams I did was not only to pass smog but still be "streetable". 850rwhp is what the engine is rated for. Now you have to remember why I am where I am.....rod knock at 115k.....Not wanting a run of the mill built 4.6, cobra reman, or even an Alluminator, why not be unique and setup the motor for a SC:beatnik: When its all said and done I don't think anyone on the West Coast would have this combo in a Marauder.

BTW, the motor itself is costing me $7167.95 before tax and shipping.