PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new one

cougar9150
05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Alright hi guys I'm just about ready to buy a new to me Marauder. Here is what I'm looking for:

Silver Birch w/Charcoal Interior 50k +/- miles 60k max.

Blue Marauder w/either interior 50k +/- miles 60k max.

Modded Marauder with SC and/or other mods. I kind of don't want to start from scratch again with a completely stock Marauder unless it is ideal. Looking for stuff like gears, CAI, Tune (I have a predator that needs to be unlocked so I can use that for the tune but wouldn't mind if someone already had an SCT tuner), misc suspension goodies, and the list goes on. Mileage is not so important with the modified cars as long as its not really high. It depends on the car and what it has.

Certain stock ones have peaked my interest such as the Blue for sale but it depends on what my bank says. NADA pricing is a pain in the ***.

I'll have a few grand of cash in hand at the end of next week to make up any differences between the total the bank approves and actual selling price. I'll just have to document the sold to price as to what they approve and pay the difference in cash.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm sure my next love is just around the corner.

Also I don't mind having to travel some (probably not to California) I would just need a butt load of picture. If its in a area that see winter and salt it needs to be a garage kept car. I don't want any cancer hiding in the wheel wells or door trim.

offroadkarter
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
This is literally a new one

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=757006#post75 7006

SC Cheesehead
05-09-2009, 11:29 AM
This is literally a new one

http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=757006#post75 7006

Beat me to it, bubba! Sweet car, and in my favorite color! :D

cougar9150
05-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I have received some emails from various members looking to sell their heavily modified cars. I'm finding that quite a few of these are out of my current range. I know when you are looking for something that already has the work done you will pay more and all of these cars have been worth what or more than the sellers are asking.

Unfortunately I will have to revise my wish list to say mildly modified Marauders at this time with $20k being my max I can afford right now. I just can not afford a Marauder that is super charged, w/built motor, all the suspension goodies already on, etc.... From what I have seen I can basically afford a car with basic mods (gears tune etc...), just a super charger (like the 1 sidewayscoupe sold), just not 1 with every mod already thrown at it.

I'm taking my time shopping and have seen several cars I wish I could snatch up right away. I'm going to continue looking for now and continue saving for a few more months so I can genuinely show interest in these higher valued cars without wasting a sellers time or trying to low ball them. If the right car pops up in this time I'll be ready if not I will just have to take the time to get everything in order.

ixlr8
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Silver Birch, 58,000 miles, no mods, located in AL.

No real mechanical mods I mean. Just a drop in K&N and 255/55-18 rear tires, and tinted windows (35%). Tires are nearly new.

$15k takes it immediately. I'll throw in the new 4.30's I just bought as well (uninstalled).

cougar9150
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm currently talking with 2 different guys about their super charged ones and should be moving forward with one of them in about a week. If neither of these works out and you still have I'll make you an offer.

Just kinda of hard to start from scratch again after I already put $5k in repairs and mods to my last one.

RoyLPita
05-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Keep us posted.

cougar9150
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks I will. I sent you a message with a couple of questions about a couple of cars. 1 of them I'm in love with and haven't even seen a picture yet.