PDA

View Full Version : Super Southern Heavyweight shootout #3 (SSHS3)

VicRattlehead
10-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I cant remember if i posted this here or not, but if i didnt, Saturday November 8th, 2003 be in atlanta ga for the third annual Super Southern Heavyweight Shootout, 3800lbs and heavier going head to head.

here is the site... www.sshs3.com/

i know alot of the heavy hitter tbird v8 guys are going, id like to see some of the heavy hitter MM guys go too.

Bob Mathis
10-06-2003, 06:27 PM
I may try and be there. I looked at the web site. Look's like fun.

MAD-3R's Wife
10-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Mad and I are already registered. Now we just have to make the hotel reservations.

LeadSSled
10-09-2003, 08:53 AM
I attended this event last year, and it was a blast! The Impala vs. Marauder "battle" is much more civil than the Camaro vs. Mustang one.

A Lincoln won the "big dog" class and a Crown Vic won the "14 seconds and higher footbrake" class last year. Dearborn was very well represented. Unfortunately, not one Marauder made a pass down the drag strip. Let's change that this year.

We would sure like to show you a little southern hospitality. Come on down, and bring your friends.

MMM2003
10-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Last night in the chatroom, there was some talk about a couple of S/C Trilogy cars making the trip down there. Not sure who is going. Maybe they can confirm here?

Good luck. MMore to come!

Paul T. Casey
10-09-2003, 10:50 AM
It may work for me, I'm in Chattanooga at that time, not too far to go.

LeadSSled
10-09-2003, 10:52 AM
That would be great! There will be several SC Impalas there for a little blown competition.

We should see two or more cars running in the 10s and possibly one in the high 9s (if it doesn't break). This car has already run a 10.01 in Florida weather.

It would be great to see some heavily modded Marauders show up.

LeadSSled
10-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Paul,
I am in Knoxville and will likely be passing through Chattanooga on Friday, November 7th late in the afternoon on the way to Commerce. I'll be with a few other Impalas and we are already planning to meet a Nashville Impala at the Georgia Welcome Center on I-75. Are you interested in being the orange in our convoy of apples? :)

Bob Mathis
10-09-2003, 06:07 PM
I'll be there with my Trilogy S/C Marauder.. I hope to have fun. I also hope that some more Marauders show up. I will be there on the 7th. Looking forward to meeting you all, coming from NewBrockton AL.

LeadSSled
10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Bob - It will be great to meet you there. I'm sure that you will have a great time.

I see that you have pre-registered for the event. Good move - It will save you a lot of time during check-in and tech inspection. The pre-registered folks go to the head of the line.

Have a safe trip. If you see a slow dark cherry Impala with TN plates that say "EXTINCT", that me. Please intoduce yourself. On the other hand, if you don't bring some more Marauders along, you'll be pretty easy to spot. I'll try to look you up.

Terry

Bob Mathis
10-20-2003, 05:54 PM
OK! How many of us are going to ATL I want to go and have fun and meet some SSpeople and some more Marauder people. So come on all.

MAD-3R
10-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Me and mine are scheduled to be there.

VicRattlehead
10-20-2003, 11:14 PM
im going, still havent registered or gotten a room yet, but i am going.

Disney Lincoln
10-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Come on MM guys!!!!!

Lets get our brands together for once. You can come kick some Impala tail, show off your Hot Rods, and have a great time. Plenty to do there, lots of fun and AND off the track!!

Hope to see some of you there. I'll be the one with the permantly ugly car, scraping the walls on the track.

Glenn
10-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Track registration is closed as per the SSHS3 website. Can anyone help here on where to register before the event or do we have to wait until November 8?

Glenn

SergntMac
10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
DAMNIT!

VicRattlehead
10-27-2003, 07:23 PM
mac whats up???

as far as registration goes, im just gonna register when i get there.

Bob Mathis
10-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Glenn, I belive you can register at the hotel and the track. I'll be there with my MM

jgc61sr2002
10-27-2003, 08:36 PM
DisneyLincoln - Welcome to the Mercury Marauder site. You will like it here.:D

Disney Lincoln
10-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Guys, you can register at the Hotel or at the Gate. either one. Wont be a problem either way.

Thanks, jgc61sr2002, Ive been lurking around for a while, keeping tabs on you MM guys. Ive been hoping some of you guys would take it to the "next level" performance wise, butit hasn't really happened yet. Im sure its only a matter for time though!!!

I went and looked at an 03 MM last weekend.......AGAIN.\
Ive been "looking" for quite a while now. I would really love to have one, but they are still just a bit too pricey for me to even consider. I am confident I will own one some day, but it will be a while.

MAD-3R
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
What would you class as the "next Level" We have SCed cars, we have a couple with Nitrous, Mine is stroked, and there is atleast to that are Stroked with SC, and one Bored with Nitrous.

SergntMac
10-28-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by VicRattlehead
mac whats up?

Just frustrated Vic, another event I wish I could make, but I have too much on my plate right now...

gonzo50
10-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Disney Lincoln
Thanks, jgc61sr2002, Ive been lurking around for a while, keeping tabs on you MM guys. Ive been hoping some of you guys would take it to the "next level" performance wise, but it hasn't really happened yet. Im sure its only a matter of time though!!!
Ive been "looking" for quite a while now. I would really love to have one, but they are still just a bit too pricey for me to even consider.
Hey Disney Lincoln, you say that you've been lurking around for awhile and keeping tabs on us Marauder guys, you've must have missed a whole lot because there is a bunch of Marauders that has taken it to the next level and then some.....:confused: ie: Marauder S, Trilogy, Reinhart Performance, VT, ect, ect, ect. :up:

Also if you are waiting for anything to be better than the prices out there now, you must want a 2003 used Marauder because, even 2004 have great prices ranging from $26,000. To $29,000.
Whats up ?

TAF
10-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Ive been hoping some of you guys would take it to the "next level" performance wise, butit hasn't really happened yet. Im sure its only a matter for time though!!!

Welcome to the board. And...read around a little...you'll find that the "next level" has been met by several of us.

MI2QWK4U
10-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi Disney Lincoln, Im just curious what your idea of the "next level" is? Looks, Performance, etc. Like someone else said, in a year I think more stuff has been offered on a new car like ours in such a short time. For me personally, I hit the next level with a few performance mods, appearance mods, but mostly with the addition of the Trilogy Supercharger. I cant believe I got sub 13 second times in the 1/4 mile, a 4.5 second 0-60 car that weights 4200 pounds. I dont know where I can go from here!

MI2QWK4U
10-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Todd, you going to the shootout?

TAF
10-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MI2QWK4U
Todd, you going to the shootout?

I'm in Philly on the 6th & 7th...may need to hold over to th 8th. If I can get back to ATL late the evening of the 7th...I'm going to head up on the 8th. Not to run, but to see Phil, Bob & Jean...and show off The "Ladies Choice":D

MI2QWK4U
10-28-2003, 07:51 PM
I am working on trying to get down there. I will need to give you a call if I do, never been to Atlanta, so I will need the readers digest version on getting there and getting around.

TAF
10-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Dave,

Check PMs for the "Ladies Choice" hotline!

MI2QWK4U
10-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Gotcha Todd....

Disney Lincoln
10-29-2003, 01:27 PM
To me, "Next Level" will be a MM DEEP in the 11's or in the 10's.

Sub 13's isnt much to brag about. I can do that on motor.

Sure, im comparing apples to oranges here right? So what, I want to have an 11 sec. MM. NOthing wrong with that, just that none of you have taken the time or money to do it yet. Like I said, it WILL happen.

Which one of you will drop in a 4V 5.4? And put a big F1R Procharger on it? Thats what i mean when I say next level. Im said and I quote Myeslf here,
Ive been hoping some of you guys would take it to the "next level" performance wise, Performance wise. Sure, nitrous, blowers, stroker, thats all cool, but put them all together and your doing what im talking about. A stroker with a bvlower and nitrous. That is the next level.

Oh and the reason I haven't scooped up ithat 03 MM yet is cause im a broke ass F/T college student. I cant afford the cars I got now, much less a $500 payment for a MM. When my better half gets done with her law school we will look at it more seriously. Plus, I hate the thought of buying a car brand new. I'll be content with one thats a year or two old.

Disney Lincoln
10-29-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MI2QWK4U
Hi Disney Lincoln, Im just curious what your idea of the "next level" is? Looks, Performance, etc. Like someone else said, in a year I think more stuff has been offered on a new car like ours in such a short time. For me personally, I hit the next level with a few performance mods, appearance mods, but mostly with the addition of the Trilogy Supercharger. I cant believe I got sub 13 second times in the 1/4 mile, a 4.5 second 0-60 car that weights 4200 pounds. I dont know where I can go from here!

If you dont know where to go from where your at now..........I dont know what to tell you!! You still have the stock engine in there? Heads stock? cams? Stoke? Bore? Got Nitrous?

Lets look at your Mod list shall we?

390 RWHP 388 RW Torque @ 11 lbs Boost.
- Trilogy Eaton Intercooled Supercharger #0002.
- Custom Engraved Polished Aluminum Billet Air Intake.
- Dyno tuned by Lidio at Alternative Auto.
- Alternative Auto Custom Chip.
- Custom Magnaflow X-Pipe by G&L Custom Exhaust.
- MagnaFlow High Flow Mufflers.
- Factory Spoiler
- K&N air filter.
- Autometer Pillar Gauge Pod: Boost/Vacuum & Fuel Pressure.
- Eibach front springs.
- Custom deep tinted windows.
- Sylvania Siverstar Headlights.
- Megs Pre-production Exhaust Tips.
- Kenwood speaker upgrades w/dynomat:
Front - 6X8 2 way
Rear - 6X9 3 way
Sub - 6 1/2in replacement.
- Directed Audio Python DEI4200 amp for cabin speakers.
- Ruby Red Bob White Bumper Inserts.

Yeah........NO way you can go any further from here. Sorry I even made the "next level" comment.

NOT!!!!!

How much power does that "Custom Engraved Polished Aluminum Billet Air Intake" give you?

I bet those Sylnaia SilverStar head light really make it fly!

And I think we can all agree that the Megs "Pre-Production" exhaust tips are worth at LEAST 20 more hp than the regular production units.

Just trying to help here guys!!!! Im just tryin to light a fire under some of your asses, thats all. Not meaning to come across as a dick (as I sometimes do). But surely you all realize the performance potential that hasnt been tapped yet. A roots blower and custom exhaust isnt all there is to a peformance car. You can go a bit further.

Hollar at me at the SSHS3, Id love to check out all your MM's and shoot the crap with you. You'll see im not nearly as much of an A-hole that I come across as in the internet :D

MAD-3R
10-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Most of our cars are less then a year old, and we are still getting a feel for where the weak spots are. Nothing worse then doing a "simple mod" and having the engine go south, and Ford denied your warranty.

It all boils down to money. I have a block that dropping a 100 or even 150 shot on it wouldn't even stress it. But it boils down is "Cash, Mullah, Deniro, Shekels, denarrie, doubloons, Green backs Wampum, Dough ray me" I'm at the point that anything performance wise I want to do will cost me at least 1k. And I have been told that there are other priority then going faster...(thought I don't see them)

When I fried my motor, I was given permission to drop a S/C lightning crate motor in my car, but I couldn't find one. So I went with the stroker from VT.

Give us time, this time next year, we will probably have a sub 12 car. Less then a year ago, we didn't even have a working exhaust, let alone a S/C kit. Now, we have at least four options for supercharging.

MI2QWK4U
10-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Hey Disney, I never insinuated that you were an A-hole. You answered the question just fine without all the attitude. I was looking for a decent bolt on performance adder that didnt need anything else done to get decent HP and Torque. There are folks that will do exactly what you talked about "Performance wise. Sure, nitrous, blowers, stroker, thats all cool, but put them all together and your doing what im talking about. A stroker with a blower and nitrous. That is the next level." Thats all I was asking. Getting my car into the 12.5 second range is fine by me, and I am happy with that. Eventually I plan on building another motor as a backup. That motor will most likely be what you are talking about, with the blower transplanted. If you want to do more, knock yourself out. I am sure you will get a lot of help from folks on here if you leave the attitude at the door. What I meant by asking you about the next level was to see how deep into the rebuild you were talking about, and you are thinking about a lot more than I am, not a big deal.

TAF
10-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Hey Disney...now you're going to make me make sure I'm back in town to be there. Can't wait to see what you're "sportin"....as well as what you arrive in....and what you leave in.

Oh me? I'll be arriving in style in an '03 MM that will have over 300 RWHP and 320 RWTQ, can run the 1/4 in the high 13's, handles like a Porsche and can take me and my CEO to lunch after to 103 West in ATL and get parked (without being asked to) right out front with the Ferrari's.....you?

Looking forward to meeting you!

MI2QWK4U
10-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Damn Todd!

Bob Mathis
10-29-2003, 07:30 PM
I to want to met you Disney. I would love to see your car and see it do 13's on motor. I just hope that it is a 4200lb car. I know that I'm very happy that my 4200lb car and driver at 242lbs can go low 13's. I just want to let you know that I've been doing this car stuff for along time and low 13's are something to brag about. I also like my polished intake. I also like to brag that I have two Marauders at my house. The people at the drag strip this weekend had a lot of good thing's to say.
I know that most of you know that I would not flame anyone just had to get something off my chest.
I too can want to see you Disney in ATL.

Disney Lincoln
10-30-2003, 08:45 AM
Ok, I came across a little too strong there, let me back it up a bit.

Hi, Im Disney, Im an alcoholic and an internet A-hole. (HI DISNEY!)

Now that I got that out of the way........

I DO recognize that you all ARE working on your cars, and they there and people that are venturing out into parts unbknown with them, I was just waiting for the inevitable, the guy that takes it way further than anyone else. Thats all, not saying you guys are resting on your laurels, not saying that you're not trying, just saying that somebody needs to break the mold. I think MAD was on the right track with dropping a L crate motor in. I also think hes on the right track with the 5.0 stroker. Hes got a good jump start by ditching the stock cast crank and stepping up to stronger internals. Thats the direction ive been looking for you people to go, and I thought it would have been done sooner, seeing as some of you obviously have money flowing in no problems (TWO MM's???!!)

MI2QWK4U, Your also on the right track, What got me going was that it sounded like you were saying that you were already at the "next level" and that there was nothing left to do. You said " I don't know where I can go from here!" I was just giving you some suggestions and I (brutally) pointed out that you had plenty of room left to grow.

Sorry taht I came across like that. Serioulsy, I didn't mean to at all. I totally LOVE the MM, I want one for myself. All of you guys seem to be pretty cool cats.

TAF, I dont know what to say to you. I guess you can say HI to me when I getthere. Im glad that my postings motivated you to come to the SHOOTOUT (http://www.SSHS3.com) . That was the whole reason for my posting here. To mobilize you guys!! Now, as far as what i'll be in......... I'll be arriving (sporting) in a Ford F-250 Diesel (freshly waxed LOOONG mods list), I will be towing on trailer a Lincoln Mark VII. This is the same car that won the Big Dog shootout at last years race. Nothing like towing your car in in a truck thats nice enough to take the Dean to your college out to lunch in, and racing a car, that is WAY faster than high 13's and is nice enough to take the CEO of YOUR company out to lunch in. And, can stomp a mud hole in your tailpipe without the aid of any power adder.....

Bob, See ya there!! You probably wont see my car do 13's on motor, it's usually deep in the 12's on motor.........

Macon Marauder
10-30-2003, 09:06 AM
hmmm,

If this continues much longer we may all have to put on our A-hole masks...
;)

Disney Lincoln
10-30-2003, 09:23 AM
:bigcry:

:alone:

I guess I will be leaving now. Apparently my sense of humor hasn't caught on over here. See you in Nov.

MAD-3R
10-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Now now Disney.

We are a bit sensative to "seagulls", comming in here, making alot of noise and pooping all over the place. You did come on strong, but you are right. Someone, someday soon I think, will say "Screw it!" and go nuts on the engine and make an 11's or even 10's Marauder.
But not yet.
We tend to be very cautious in regards to mods and what has been proven and what hasn't. Your imput is welcome, and I for one am looking forward to a Lincoln Mark VII laying the smackdown a a bunch of deer.

TAF
10-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Looking forward to meeting you...M-I-C-K-E-Y...
As much as a jerk as you've been here...I'll be sure to to be pulling for the bow-tie you're going against.

We'll be sure to line them up and see which gets the most looks, compliments, etc. My MM or your bucket of bolts, eh? And you taught me something...I didn't know they had Deans at community technical colleges.

BTW...no need for me to tow mine
:flamer:

Disney Lincoln
10-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Yeah, whatever dude. I you really got me with the whole Mickey thing, Ive never heard that one before.

There's no need to tow your car dummy, you don't have enough power to break anything!!

How bout we settle this on the dragstrip? Heads up. We'll race for two drinks or $10 whichever the winner preferes.

How bout it Cowboy?:D

Disney Lincoln
10-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Now now Disney.

We are a bit sensative to "seagulls", comming in here, making alot of noise and pooping all over the place. You did come on strong, but you are right. Someone, someday soon I think, will say "Screw it!" and go nuts on the engine and make an 11's or even 10's Marauder.
But not yet.
We tend to be very cautious in regards to mods and what has been proven and what hasn't. Your imput is welcome, and I for one am looking forward to a Lincoln Mark VII laying the smackdown a a bunch of deer.

I totally understand MAD, Im really sorry that I came across so strong (a-holish). It really just kinda got out of control. Didn't mean for that to happen, and for that I appologize.

Look forward to seeing you in Atl.

Sorry for acting like a jerk guys!!! Im not normally like that, I think I got some bad donuts or something....

TAF
10-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Yeah, whatever dude. I you really got me with the whole Mickey thing, Ive never heard that one before.

There's no need to tow your car dummy, you don't have enough power to break anything!!

How bout we settle this on the dragstrip? Heads up. We'll race for two drinks or $10 whichever the winner preferes.

How bout it Cowboy?:D

You forgot about the community college quip... (quip = A clever, witty remark or comment)

Hey...I'm sure your pieced together Mark is faster than mine so no need to race. Specially for a whopping $10 :lol:

Just looking forward to meeting you...

Disney Lincoln
10-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by TAF
You forgot about the community college quip... (quip = A clever, witty remark or comment)

Hey...I'm sure your pieced together Mark is faster than mine so no need to race. Specially for a whopping $10 :lol:

Just looking forward to meeting you...

I didn't forget about that comment, it just wasn't worthy of a response. You did try though, i'll give you that.

I figured we'd race for $10 cause you and I both know that my car is way faster than yours, but I was hoping that you would say "F-it" and race me anyways since you would only lose two drinks out of the deal.

Look for me at the track. I really would like to check out your car. I promise not to make fun of it being slow, if promise not to make fun of my paint job.

prchrman
10-30-2003, 05:59 PM
hey guys I was gonna show up at this thing to see some good racing but this is getting ruff...and I am precious...well my wife says so anyway...looking forward to meeting you guys...gasoline, burning rubber, nitrous, roaring engines, head to head get down and shut up or put up time...it's better than coffee getting your heart going...willie

BISHOPSS95
11-03-2003, 11:53 AM
You will have to reg at the door

Weather

68 and pcldy cool and fast

:cool:

I already lost a beer to Disney. Understand the SMACK he is talking is something that has been going on for years and its all in fun.
:coolman:

MAD-3R
11-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Ok, lets have a head count and figure out how many Marauders will be there.

MAD-3R (and guests) Registered
Bob Mathis (And wife?) Registered
TAF, maybe (Lady's Choice)
Prchrman (watching over us)
Glenn (enough for a quorum?)
Smokie
Paul T Cassey

Anyone else?

TAF
11-04-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm 90% Phil...we'll see.

How 'bout some of you other ATL boys? Carolina boys? Tennessee boys?

prchrman
11-04-2003, 09:41 AM
I'm gonna be there...God willing and the creeks don't rise...willie...will not be runnning...just observing...

TAF
11-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by prchrman
I'm gonna be there...God willing and the creeks don't rise...willie...will not be runnning...just observing...

Heck...that might take me from 90% to 100% just to get a chance to FINALLY meet Willie:up:

Glenn
11-04-2003, 10:14 AM
O.K., I'll see you all at The Atlantic Raceway on Saturday.

Glenn

"Southern Atlanta's only MM"

Marauderman
11-04-2003, 10:55 AM
Ahhhhhh ..a bit too soon yet for me--but some day----begining to realize now what my son-in-law mechanic must have meant when he said--"after your so called all done with moding--it'll be time for geting serious----internalyl--..I replied--what?-- and he said , cams, etc..."....Will need to turn to him for more info and pointers....hummmm

prchrman
11-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Todd...Yeah I'll knock the foam off a root beer with ya...willie...your friendly neighborhood preacher...looking forward to seeing the big rides scoot down da twak...ss vs mm...are there going to be any mopars?

MAD-3R
11-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Nothing that they have built in the last 20 years qualifies. Next year maybe though. With the Dodge Magnum and the Hemi 300C they qualify.

BISHOPSS95
11-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
With the Dodge Magnum and the Hemi 300C they qualify.

That would be fun but it would take a couple years after the introduction based on this thread.

:alone:

prchrman
11-04-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm a Ford man all the way but when I was younger I had more trouble with them thar mopars than with other Fords or Chevys...no flame intended just facts...they were tough...worst ever out ran was by a Fury III with a 440...man it was like he was shot out of a canon...is this for 3800 lb and over of any model or can older cars enter? willie

MAD-3R
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Prchrman,
Check there FAQ

http://www.sshs3.com/FAQ.htm

Smokie
11-04-2003, 08:12 PM
My wife and I will be going, just made reservations, We will be arriving on Thursday since we are on vacation anyway.

MAD-3R
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
I'll be leaving here in the late morning (have to work a half day.) I should be ariving at the main hotel by 10pm at the latest.

I am SO Stoked!! And STROKED!!:D

It's deer season, and I got tags for Impala's. What's my bag limit?

ssfugitive
11-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Heck...that might take me from 90% to 100% just to get a chance to FINALLY meet Willie:up:

will be looking for you there taf...you up and running again? work is killing me, sorry i missed the last get together. am planning on making an appearance over there.

the fugitive

Paul T. Casey
11-07-2003, 07:06 PM
I'm on the way, be leaving Chattanooga 5ish. I'll be bringing the pretty dame I married, oh yeah, a stock Marauder too! Maybe, if things go well, they'll have to put a MM or 2 on their next years teaser.

TAF
11-07-2003, 07:31 PM
I'll be there...just flew in...will be up there before noon.

See everyone there!

Bigdogjim
11-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Have fun gang!!!

Give 'em hell!