PDA

View Full Version : Race to the 12's ++ POLL ++

FormulaMarauder
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
OK, well, here we go. There has been a few things that happend this week that peaked a few people's interest in reagrds to the 12's Naturally Aspirated possibility.

1. I hit mid 13's with some basic bolt-on's.
2. Naz performance is mass producing several short runner intakes.
3. Impala Slayer got his hands on one and installed it already. Headers on the way for him too, then hopefully a great tune and a dyno to see where he is at.

I am politely asking the naysayers to refrain posting here...AT ALL. Read away, subscribe if you want. Laugh it up, I don't care. Just please, please PLEASE don't post here. (Glenn Ford, Joe Walsh, Ford Nut, etc.)

Just give us our own thread, that's all we ask.

Another thing, the CV and CVPI guys,- this race is intended for the Marauders. As much as we all appreciate your drive and ambition, leave this one to us. You have your own forums for your own NA race.

So for the rest of us......:beer: We may not make it, but damn we'll have fun doing it.

So, who is it gonna be? Who is gonna get there by years end?

Me, (FormulaMarauder), Impala Slayer, DTR Miguel, Blackened300a, Sd8683, or ctrlraven.........

Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but if I win, Glenn is gonna send that $100.00 check right over to cancer research.

I believe the rules are pretty simple....

1. Has to be 4,000lbs+ Has to have ALL body panels. No excessive weight loss diets. (Glass, A/C, wiper cowls, etc,)
2. NO nitrous, No turbo, NO supercharger.
3. No slicks, drag radials are ok. Must be streetable. Skinnies up front are OK.
4. Headlight removal OK, must retain seats.
5. Race it til ya break it. A 12second run doesn't get disqualified if it breaks in the process.
6. Must have proof. I like video proof. These days everyone has a camera, this shouldn't be hard. If I'm gonna break a world record, I want video of it, damn it. :) Post a timeslip too.
7. Cant touch heads, cam covers can't come off.
8. STOCK 4.6L Marauder (Aviator) long block people, intake manifold exception. No forged internals. STOCK.
9. Race gas OK. (Tune it, will ya)
10.The first will need to have the car evaluated by a third party to verify accordance with all rules posted above.

Good luck everyone, let's have fun, and let's do it safe. Cheers.

sd8683
05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
My money is on Dave for now, my car won't be ready til September/October.

Til then..... Go get em Dave!

imorb1994
05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Need to be able to select 2
ImpalaSlayer and ctrlraven
Its a Silver Birch thing:2thumbs:

DOOM
05-11-2009, 01:08 AM
My money is on Dave for now, my car won't be ready til September/October.

Thats ideal time for racing. Honestly i wouldn't even get serious about this till november. Slayer & raven are lucky to live in maryland. Our tracks here dont close until mid december
Use that cold air to your advantage :2thumbs:

ImpalaSlayer
05-11-2009, 04:59 AM
thanks, and good luck guys.

mpearce
05-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Intake manifold exception? Does that mean you're allowed to change/modify/swap/port/etc your intake manifold?

Would that make it a non-stock 4.6L Marauder Motor?

Just trying to understand the rules.

DTRMiguel
05-11-2009, 05:46 AM
OK first Dave needs drag radials street tires will not cut it when he is going WOT out of the hole. I think if he gets some DR's and gets those headers installed he will be low low 13's. Ctrlraven needs headers,gears,race gas tune and i call 12.89 :D

O's Fan Rich
05-11-2009, 05:49 AM
I like it..... the "bolt on only's" with a stock bore/stroke block, heads is a great way to go.
It'll be tough to wait for Fall....

You should have added a "I'm a NaySayer and think you will fail" box to check.....

So.... because I am impartial and hope everyone can get in the 12's (as it makes all Marauders look good!) I choose the last option....

ctrlraven
05-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Need to be able to select 2
ImpalaSlayer and ctrlraven
Its a Silver Birch thing:2thumbs:
Thanks but I already stepped down because I just don't have the money even for basic stuff anymore. Wife has been jobless for way too long now and I'm beyond the point of patience. I'm pretty sure I'll have my 4.10s in between now and fall racing time and make some mid 13 sec passes.

Voted ImpalaSlayer

Regardless of who makes it first it is still my own personal goal and if things work out well the SB will just be the NA and I'll pick up another MM to boost.

Joe Walsh
05-11-2009, 08:42 AM
OK, well, here we go. There has been a few things that happend this week that peaked a few people's interest in reagrds to the 12's Naturally Aspirated possibility.

1. I hit mid 13's with some basic bolt-on's.
2. Naz performance is mass producing several short runner intakes.
3. Impala Slayer got his hands on one and installed it already. Headers on the way for him too, then hopefully a great tune and a dyno to see where he is at.

I am politely asking the naysayers to refrain posting here...AT ALL. Read away, subscribe if you want. Laugh it up, I don't care. Just please, please PLEASE don't post here. (Glenn Ford, Joe Walsh, Ford Nut, etc.)

Just give us our own thread, that's all we ask.

Another thing, the CV and CVPI guys,- this race is intended for the Marauders. As much as we all appreciate your drive and ambition, leave this one to us. You have your own forums for your own NA race.

So for the rest of us......:beer: We may not make it, but damn we'll have fun doing it.

So, who is it gonna be? Who is gonna get there by years end?

Me, (FormulaMarauder), Impala Slayer, DTR Miguel, Blackened300a, Sd8683, or ctrlraven.........

Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but if I win, Glenn is gonna send that $100.00 check right over to cancer research.

I believe the rules are pretty simple....

1. Has to be 4,000lbs+ Has to have ALL body panels. No excessive weight loss diets. (Glass, A/C, wiper cowls, etc,)
2. NO nitrous, No turbo, NO supercharger.
3. No slicks, drag radials are ok. Must be streetable. Skinnies up front are OK.
4. Headlight removal OK, must retain seats.
5. Race it til ya break it. A 12second run doesn't get disqualified if it breaks in the process.
6. Must have proof. I like video proof. These days everyone has a camera, this shouldn't be hard. If I'm gonna break a world record, I want video of it, damn it. :) Post a timeslip too.
7. Cant touch heads, cam covers can't come off.
8. STOCK 4.6L Marauder (Aviator) long block people, intake manifold exception. No forged internals. STOCK.
9. Race gas OK. (Tune it, will ya)
10.The first will need to have the car evaluated by a third party to verify accordance with all rules posted above.

Good luck everyone, let's have fun, and let's do it safe. Cheers.

I politely suggest you re-read all of my posts and comments on the various 12 sec N/A threads.

Now,
I WILL gripe about the UMP-TEEN MILLION 12 sec N/A threads and the fact that a new one gets started every frickin' day.

Blk Mamba
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I think that there should be an, "other", option, those listed may not be the only ones.

FormulaMarauder
05-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Now,
I WILL gripe about the UMP-TEEN MILLION 12 sec N/A threads and the fact that a new one gets started every frickin' day.

Joe,
There are four. Do you want me to start reading how many "Which blower is best" and "what's a 300a and 300b" threads?
Leave us to our thread Joe, I wondered who would be the first that can't read a simple sentence. PLEASE stay out of it.

-Paul

Joe Walsh
05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Joe,
There are four. Do you want me to start reading how many "Which blower is best" and "what's a 300a and 300b" threads?
Leave us to our thread Joe, I wondered who would be the first that can't read a simple sentence. PLEASE stay out of it.

-Paul

12s N/A....:sleepy:.....been there....done that!

:P

Don't lump me in with the 'naysayers'....that is why I posted on the thread!

Now I'll leave you alone.

Blackened300a
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I dont have a problem with Joe, Hes actually been more supportive because he owns a NA car rather then the heckling we get from the SC gang.

DOOM
05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I dont have a problem with Joe, Hes actually been more supportive because he owns a NA car rather then the heckling we get from the SC gang.

No heckling from doomie. :depress:
I really want to see you guys succeed :up:

Mest30
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
You can take my name off the list. Although I started this whole debate, I never said I'd get there any time soon. I will get there, but not this year and probably not next year considering I gained a whole .02 seconds with a 3200 stall PI converter.

Mest30
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Still had to vote for myself, though!

FormulaMarauder
05-11-2009, 01:07 PM
not this year and probably not next year considering I gained a whole .02 seconds with a 3200 stall PI converter.

I blame the tune. You should have gone -.20 or greater, not .02.

sd8683
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
I love being the dark horse ( I.E..... No votes) I love being under the radar:D

ctrlraven
05-11-2009, 01:39 PM
You can take my name off the list. Although I started this whole debate, I never said I'd get there any time soon. I will get there, but not this year and probably not next year considering I gained a whole .02 seconds with a 3200 stall PI converter.
I shaved off .47 with a PI 3500 stall and 255/50-16 drag radials on stock 3.55 gears.

Blown3.8
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Get your head outta your asses! I'm the only one that can do it!:D

Where's my name on the list?:alone:

FormulaMarauder
05-11-2009, 01:52 PM
^^^ Exactly. Get some fresh plugs, some smaller tires, race gas, race tune to fit your TC application, shave off more than 1/2 second EASY.

ctrlraven
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
^^^ Exactly. Get some fresh plugs, some smaller tires, race gas, race tune to fit your TC application, shave off more than 1/2 second EASY.3.55 stock gear with 255/50-16 drag radials = 3.89/3.90 effective rear gear. 4.10 gears with the same drag radials = 4.43 effective rear gear.

I'm really curious as to what I will run on 4.10 gears with my 255/55-18 which = 4.04 effective rear gear then make a run back to back with the 16" drag radials.

Paul T. Casey
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I think that there should be an, "other", option, those listed may not be the only ones.

+1, I couldn't make myself vote to end cranial insertion for anyone. I think it'll be someone else.

Paul T. Casey
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I love being the dark horse ( I.E..... No votes) I love being under the radar:D

Nice place to be.

mpearce
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Intake manifold exception? Does that mean you're allowed to change/modify/swap/port/etc your intake manifold?

Would that make it a non-stock 4.6L Marauder Motor?

Just trying to understand the rules.

Anyone have an answer?

imorb1994
05-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Anyone have an answer?
Pretty sure the original rules were"with a stock bore long block" Or OE long block

ImpalaSlayer
05-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Pretty sure the original rules were"with a stock bore long block" Or OE long block

yes that is what i recall also

ImpalaSlayer
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
mmmm took only 5 days (including weekend) for these to come
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0730.jpg

DTRMiguel
05-11-2009, 07:08 PM
mmmm took only 5 days (including weekend) for these to come
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/blaster250cr/IMG_0730.jpg

Were they $700 or $800? I forget :confused:

ImpalaSlayer
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
i paid $780

BODYMAN
05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
This outta be real good to see who gets there 1st!! as it can be DONE makes me wanna get another MM and do a N/A set up!!!:D Before my Marauder everything I had was N/A and runnin great times!

a_d_a_m
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm not really in my element here, but I believe almost everyone here is sticking with 4.10s....Has anyone here installed a 4.56? FRPP sells 'em...

Mest30
05-12-2009, 05:42 AM
I shaved off .47 with a PI 3500 stall and 255/50-16 drag radials on stock 3.55 gears.

I dont know what happened. My trap speed dropped by 2 mph as well but my 60 foot time was about a tenth better than my previous best 1320 time. Maybe it was the 90% humidity and the fact that it rained the three days prior to me racing. Needless to say, I was not happy. I thought I'd be in the 13s N/A with the TC. 14.44 is a long way from 13s.

mpearce
05-12-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm not really in my element here, but I believe almost everyone here is sticking with 4.10s....Has anyone here installed a 4.56? FRPP sells 'em...

Adam, from what I understand, the 4.56's may be more of an 1/8th mile gear, and they could limit your MPH at the top of the track, possibiliy inhibiting a run at the 12's N/A. A long time ago, BillyGman put 4.56's in his Trilogy MM. His 60'fts were awesome, as well as his 1/8th mile...but he never broke into the 11's...running 12.01 or something IIRC.

justbob
05-12-2009, 06:18 AM
My neighbor knows a ford mechanic around here that has the 4.56's. He claims it the perfect set up around town. I have no idea what else he's running.

ctrlraven
05-12-2009, 06:54 AM
I dont know what happened. My trap speed dropped by 2 mph as well but my 60 foot time was about a tenth better than my previous best 1320 time. Maybe it was the 90% humidity and the fact that it rained the three days prior to me racing. Needless to say, I was not happy. I thought I'd be in the 13s N/A with the TC. 14.44 is a long way from 13s.
I think I increased 1 mph. My 14.19 run was low 98mph and my 13.72 was high 99 almost 100 mph. What is the elevation above sea level of the track you ran on? That can also play a factor with the weather. I only run in early spring or late fall and my local track is 20ft above sea level.

DTRMiguel
05-12-2009, 07:01 AM
I think I increased 1 mph. My 14.19 run was low 98mph and my 13.72 was high 99 almost 100 mph. What is the elevation above sea level of the track you ran on? That can also play a factor with the weather. I only run in early spring or late fall and my local track is 20ft above sea level.

Chris first of all thanks for calling me back yesterday. Second my 14.202 run was 99.XXmph what does this mean? I should be faster? This was with the headlight in and spare tire (in daily drive formation)

Mest30
05-12-2009, 07:27 AM

The track is 662 feet above sea level. The temp was great, like 55-60 degrees, but with 85-90% humidity. There were like 7 cars there all night so the track wasnt able to heat up at all.

ctrlraven
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Chris first of all thanks for calling me back yesterday. Second my 14.202 run was 99.XXmph what does this mean? I should be faster? This was with the headlight in and spare tire (in daily drive formation)Don't get pissy. Did you leave me a message? No you didn't. I was busy with work, all the phone all day pretty much then had to go to my part time job.

If I don't answer my phone just leave me a message or PM me. I deal with about 100-120 calls a day from clients, by the end of the day I want to smash my phone every time I hear it ring.

If I am running 13.72 at 99.xx and your running 14.20 at 99.xx what does that tell you? With the 3500 stall and 16" DRs I'm putting more efficient power down to the ground sooner and faster than you are, where as you pick up more trap speed on the top end.

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Bump. HUGE progress on my part.....:D

ImpalaSlayer
05-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Bump. HUGE progress on my part.....:D

spill it!!!!!

DTRMiguel
05-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Don't get pissy. Did you leave me a message? No you didn't. I was busy with work, all the phone all day pretty much then had to go to my part time job.

If I don't answer my phone just leave me a message or PM me. I deal with about 100-120 calls a day from clients, by the end of the day I want to smash my phone every time I hear it ring.

If I am running 13.72 at 99.xx and your running 14.20 at 99.xx what does that tell you? With the 3500 stall and 16" DRs I'm putting more efficient power down to the ground sooner and faster than you are, where as you pick up more trap speed on the top end.

I did leave a message fool! Its about a car. Call me when you can :chat:

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
spill it!!!!!
with time,my friend, with time. :D

-Paul C.

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Well emails went out and money has been spent already. A NAZ intake is going to be installed when it arrives within 2 weeks, My tuner is going to use his years of knowledge in tuning to send me a update with some more RPM and tweaks. 4.30 gears are already on the list and Im waiting on my rear guy to get some free time to install them.
The exhaust is the big money item and Im saving every penny to make this happen within this year.

Dont count me out yet.

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I think we are going to be close in this race. NAZ intake is on my list, already have full exhaust.

ctrlraven
05-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I did leave a message fool! Its about a car. Call me when you can :chat:
My apologizes I got the message several days later, Verizon blows. Anyways the answer to your question No. There is reasons why it's being sold, it would just be another headache.

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 03:36 PM
I think we are going to be close in this race. NAZ intake is on my list, already have full exhaust.

How is J&M with thier tuning? My tuner Powersurge performance moved down to Florida so Im looking for a tuner closeby who knows what they are looking at.
There is a guy who parks his Steeda mustang in my garage and he had his stang tuned at J&M. Im not sure about thier Marauder experience.

O's Fan Rich
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
How is J&M with thier tuning? My tuner Powersurge performance moved down to Florida so Im looking for a tuner closeby who knows what they are looking at.
There is a guy who parks his Steeda mustang in my garage and he had his stang tuned at J&M. Im not sure about thier Marauder experience.

Couple of Cam'ers like SGS in Dilsburg PA...... if that's "close"...

Raudermaster
05-18-2009, 05:16 PM
My money is on Paul. I have nothing against anyone else, just would love to see Paul do it first, although I hope someone does it. Paul if you'd want to drive down here Outlaw (now SMG) has DOHC experience and I've talked to the owner and said he's done some N/A MM's (no one that's on here.)

sd8683
05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
My money is on Paul. I have nothing against anyone else, just would love to see Paul do it first, although I hope someone does it. Paul if you'd want to drive down here Outlaw (now SMG) has DOHC experience and I've talked to the owner and said he's done some N/A MM's (no one that's on here.)

Hey jarod, what's goin on buddy? Long time no talk! Your moneys on Paul huh? I guess you forgot about the time I walked on by ya on RT1 @130MPH :D

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
My money is on Paul.

Uhh, which Paul? :dunno:

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM

Thank you sir! Im hoping to do it first as well. My plan to get all the parts installed then have it all tuned and have it on the track in time for the All Fords at Etown in November. If Im going to make history Id rather do it at a Ford event.
Where is SMG located? J&M is about 2 hours away from me according to mapquest.

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Uhh, which Paul? :dunno:

That would be me. It seems we have more in common then a N/A Marauder trying to break the 12s. :beer:

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
How is J&M with thier tuning?

Let me know when you're around, I'll head down with you. I had 4.10's put in by them and they found my tuner in my glovebox and tweaked the living crap out of it on a 91 octane 100% safe tune. He told me the tune I had sucked horribly, (previous owner) and that he wouldn't be surprised if he squeeked out an additional 20-25hp. These guys know their ****.
My dead spot was gone, neck snapping shifts, and all around fantastic driveability. A+ work.

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Let me know when you're around, I'll head down with you. I had 4.10's put in by them and they found my tuner in my glovebox and tweaked the living crap out of it on a 91 octane 100% safe tune. He told me the tune I had sucked horribly, (previous owner) and that he wouldn't be surprised if he squeeked out an additional 20-25hp. These guys know their ****.
My dead spot was gone, neck snapping shifts, and all around fantastic driveability. A+ work.

Sounds like a win win! My tuner did wonders for my car which made me very particular about whos tune I want next. My main concerns is a straight A/F line, more RPM on the high end, I like my TC to lock around 60mph while normal driving and I want it to lock at around 110mph when WOT. Right now it locks at 85mph at WOT and I feel its bogging me down at the end of the 1/4.
I still have to get some exhaust work done before I look into a tune. Ill also need to pick up a xcal2 or 3 cause my 9100 is very outdated.
I hope to be looking into a tune by October.
Hopefully none of you guys broke the 12s by then. :D

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
We may break it the same day! lol. Then it will be "who is faster?"

Blackened300a
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
We may break it the same day! lol. Then it will be "who is faster?"

Come down to the Ford event, We'll run each other. Maybe 2 N/A Marauders breaking into the 12's against each other would really shut up the naysayers lol

FormulaMarauder
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Come down to the Ford event, We'll run each other. Maybe 2 N/A Marauders breaking into the 12's against each other would really shut up the naysayers lol

That would be awesome! When is it? I'm in!

Loco1234
05-19-2009, 08:00 AM

I would recommend: (near Phila)
http://www.evoperform.com/custom_tuning.htm

John Lund does the tuning there. He has gotten many Shelby 500's into the 10's then the 9's & now even the 8's. He tuned my marauder & it is running well.
We got 625rwhp & 588fttq out of my marauder.

FormulaMarauder
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.jandmmotorsports.com/

You are so close, it would be in your interest to check them out. They really do wonders.

Vortech347
05-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Raven or Slayer, got my hopes up for both of them.

ImpalaSlayer
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
still workin on it, not going to be untill the fall at this point but hopfully i have all the goods to do it by then

ctrlraven
05-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Dave just give me all your parts, let me get into the 12's and I'll return them to you lol.

ImpalaSlayer
05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
can we call it the ravenslayer? ???

ctrlraven
05-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Ctrl Slayer......RavenSlayer sounds like you slayed me and that's not happening. lol

CBT
05-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Ctrl Slayer......RavenSlayer sounds like you slayed me and that's not happening. lol

LMAO! Good luck to both of ya's. Heck, to all of ya's.:beer:

ImpalaSlayer
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM

we will see