PDA

View Full Version : *Palm Beach International Raceway- May.22,2009*

Cobra25
05-16-2009, 10:01 AM
:welcome1:Instead of going to The Tower Shops that day, as a group we agreed to do something Different so We are going to :burn:*The Palm Beach International Raceway*:burn: ( The Old Moroso ) for :food: Dinner :food: and too :banana2: Watch the Race's:banana2: as long as the weather is ok. I'll post a time we plan on being their and anything else that comes up in this post. Please post here if you plan on joining us . It should be a nice change .:2thumbs: Palm Beach International Raceway, 17047 Beeline Hwy, Jupiter Florida 33478. Phone # 561-622-1400. We also will be meeting at John Neros home at 6:30 pm for the ride up together. PM John Nero for directions to his home if interested.

John Nero
05-16-2009, 10:37 AM
i will be there

Joe_G
05-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey Gals and Gents,

I am good friends with Mike Clark, PBIR Director of Drag Race operations. I caught your thread on a Google Alert for PBIR.

If you folks would like to run your cars down the track and race each other as a group when you come up, he'll be more than happy to organize and let you guys do that, and whoop it up on the Announcements if you like to announce some grudge racing. Send him a email to mikec@racepbir.com or text him to 954-605-5558.

Also, I help him with the Corvette/GM/Mustang/Truck/Mopar Challenge which is a monthly trophy event (with unlimited Test and Tune - run 50 runs if you want). Our next event is 6/13 - if you guys are interested in coming up as a group each month, we'll be happy to welcome you guys as a new Marauder group. It's a fun group of friends racing each other for trophies once a month with points and trophies awarded each night and at the end of the year.

Here's our website for Vettes that explains the rules.

http://www.corvettechallengemmp.com/home.php

Matter of fact there will be a open TnT next Saturday 5/23 if you guys want to come up for that (it will be on the PBIR calendar soon), I'm going to try to get a bunch of the Challenge racers up for some impromptu TnT and grudge racing.

Hope to meet some of you guys there. I've seen you at Towers and you have some great rides!! :beer:

Cobra25
05-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Thank You Joe for your Great offer. It sounds like a Nice idea and alota fun. I'll speak to my partner Tom about it. Your always welcome to hang with us at The Tower Shops if you stop by.
Hey Gals and Gents,

I am good friends with Mike Clark, PBIR Director of Drag Race operations. I caught your thread on a Google Alert for PBIR.

If you folks would like to run your cars down the track and race each other as a group when you come up, he'll be more than happy to organize and let you guys do that, and whoop it up on the Announcements if you like to announce some grudge racing. Send him a email to mikec@racepbir.com or text him to 954-605-5558.

Also, I help him with the Corvette/GM/Mustang/Truck/Mopar Challenge which is a monthly trophy event (with unlimited Test and Tune - run 50 runs if you want). Our next event is 6/13 - if you guys are interested in coming up as a group each month, we'll be happy to welcome you guys as a new Marauder group. It's a fun group of friends racing each other for trophies once a month with points and trophies awarded each night and at the end of the year.

Here's our website for Vettes that explains the rules.

http://www.corvettechallengemmp.com/home.php

Matter of fact there will be a open TnT next Saturday 5/23 if you guys want to come up for that (it will be on the PBIR calendar soon), I'm going to try to get a bunch of the Challenge racers up for some impromptu TnT and grudge racing.

Hope to meet some of you guys there. I've seen you at Towers and you have some great rides!! :beer:

MarauderTJA
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Spoke with John today. Maybe we can work on a Big Muscle Car Drag Race and Car Show with Impala SS, Dodge Charger/Magnum and other 4000 lb cars late this fall. I would rather stay here in Florida than go to Georgia.

I am confident that we can set up a great weekend event, get some national attention in the mags, maybe for the entire southeastern U.S. I am willing to put the time in to make it happen. SSM sponsored of course.:D

MarauderTJA
05-17-2009, 06:22 PM
I am in Clewiston/Moore Haven from now until the 27th working. Won't be able to make it on 22nd.

Joe_G
05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Spoke with John today. Maybe we can work on a Big Muscle Car Drag Race and Car Show with Impala SS, Dodge Charger/Magnum and other 4000 lb cars late this fall. I would rather stay here in Florida than go to Georgia.

I am confident that we can set up a great weekend event, get some national attention in the mags, maybe for the entire southeastern U.S. I am willing to put the time in to make it happen. SSM sponsored of course.:D

That sounds like a GREAT event. I will forward this to Mike Clark, PBIR Director drag operations. I am sure he'd like to host this event.

Hope to see you guys next Sat and on the 13th of June! I'm the guy in the blue 05 Vette convertible banging gears out there.

Joe_G
05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Just heard from Mike, he would like to speak to John about this event, please call him at 954-605-5558 or email him at mikec@racepbir.com.

Sounds like this will be fun!

Cobra25
05-18-2009, 07:33 AM
It sound's like a great idea. I'm sure it will draw a lot of people. SSM Sponsored of course sounds good to me too.

MarauderTJA
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Just heard from Mike, he would like to speak to John about this event, please call him at 954-605-5558 or email him at mikec@racepbir.com.

Sounds like this will be fun!

We (SSM) will start working on it now:up:.

juno
05-19-2009, 05:55 AM
I am in Clewiston/Moore Haven from now until the 27th working. Won't be able to make it on 22nd.

Tom,
You are just on the other side of the little lake. :)

I hear you though, I am still in Wisconsin. One of these days our cars will be at the track together!

MarauderTJA
05-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Tom,
You are just on the other side of the little lake. :)

I hear you though, I am still in Wisconsin. One of these days our cars will be at the track together!

Sooner or later Jay we'll hook up. Looking forward to seeing that turbo car of yours run my friend:up:.

Blackmobile
05-22-2009, 06:39 AM
:welcome1:Instead of going to The Tower Shops that day, as a group we agreed to do something Different so We are going to :burn:*The Palm Beach International Raceway*:burn: ( The Old Moroso ) for :food: Dinner :food: and too :banana2: Watch the Race's:banana2: as long as the weather is ok. I'll post a time we plan on being their and anything else that comes up in this post. Please post here if you plan on joining us . It should be a nice change .:2thumbs: Palm Beach International Raceway, 17047 Beeline Hwy, Jupiter Florida 33478. Phone # 561-622-1400. We also will be meeting at John Neros home at 6:30 pm for the ride up together. PM John Nero for directions to his home if interested.

Any Updates for tonight?

John Nero
05-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Any Updates for tonight?

as long as the weather is good i am going

Joe_G
05-22-2009, 06:47 AM
By the way, the PBIR Challenge Series added an event on 5/30 - if you guys want to come up and just do TnT, it's $25, and you will get as many runs as you like, there's always plenty of time and no crowds. Plus the Challenge racers have well maintained vehicles so the breakdowns are few and far between. Not one this year so far that I can recall. So mimimal track downtime.

And you can run each other (or some Mustangs, Mopars, Trucks, or Vettes,) and perhaps, based on some of your mods, show a few of us your taillights! ;)

http://gi112.photobucket.com/groups/n195/HTVQI63AGB/Challenge_Series_09_NEW.jpg

John Nero
05-22-2009, 07:01 AM
as soon as my car is ready i will be there to run it (i talked to mike yesterday)

Cobra25
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
UP DATE : I checked out AOL weather and their is a 40-50 % chance of rain in the Jupiter area. I checked out the Palm Beach Raceway web site and they say it's a 60% chance of rain. So i called the raceway and the lady said if I call back around 4:30 pm they will have a better idea if the track will be closed or not. I'll call them back around that time too see what they say. Just a note The Tower Shops area is a 30% chance of rain alot less so if the raceway plans fall down we will just go their this week and plan another day at the track real soon. I'll Post up the up date on what we will be doing between 4:30-5 pm here.

greggash
05-22-2009, 07:49 AM
We can always just meet at Geronimo's if it rains like hell....

Cobra25
05-22-2009, 10:22 AM
UP DATE : As of the 1 pm The Weather channel states that Jupiter has a 45%-55% chance of rain between 5-7 pm. The race tracks web site lists it as 60%. The Tower Shops has a 25%-30 % chance of rain. I'll call the track around 4:30 pm and recheck the weather forcasts then post it up between 4:30 -5 pm.

Cobra25
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
UP Date : I'll make it simple with no weather report The Drag Strip is closed tonite , as per "Kim" of Palm Beach Raceway. See you guys at the Tower Shops.