PDA

View Full Version : Nazty Ported Short Runner: 1/4 Mile Results

nazman
05-24-2009, 09:46 AM
One of our customers just did some before and after runs on a Mach 1 (same motor as the Marauder...I know....I know....Im putting the flame suit on....again!).

Only changes were the Nazty Performance Ported Short Runner and I quote:

Got back from the track tonight, ran a best 12.66@108.24mph.
Only other mod was the PSR from NAZ.
All runs done on 275/11.5R17 ET Streets.

60' 1.70 --- 1.705
330' 5.317 --- 5.205
660' 8.24 ---8.092
MPH 83.72 ---85.74
990' 10.686 ---10.514
1320 12.87 ---12.66
MPH 106.64 ---108.24

And today, i did granny shift, because i hate wasting runs and missing shifts.

Tuesday Night i'm heading back to the dyno to have a before and after graph for the PSR upgrade.

Some very solid gains on nothin more than the addtion of the Ported short runner! No Tuning, nothing else!

Again, not a Marauder, but the gains are there! On the same motor as the Marauder!

More testing coming up soon!

Naz

ImpalaSlayer
05-24-2009, 09:48 AM
naz, i havent noticed much in the 1/4 but i think i have other problems with the car in the tuning.

FormulaMarauder
05-24-2009, 06:43 PM
As soon as Naz gets back to me, I'll be ordering one. I'm going to get a dyno next Monday with my current mods, go home, and then swap out the stocker intake for a Naz PSR intake. I'll then go back and get another dyno. I'll post numbers as i get them. -Paul C.

Shora
05-24-2009, 07:24 PM
As soon as Naz gets back to me, I'll be ordering one. I'm going to get a dyno next Monday with my current mods, go home, and then swap out the stocker intake for a Naz PSR intake. I'll then go back and get another dyno. I'll post numbers as i get them. -Paul C.

Why not arrange to do the swap at the dyno shop? Cannot be "that hard" and maybe they will even be kind enough to give you a hand?

FormulaMarauder
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Why not arrange to do the swap at the dyno shop? Cannot be "that hard" and maybe they will even be kind enough to give you a hand?

It's not hard, that's the point. I choose to do the work myself, at my leisure, in my home, with my tools. That's all. Besides, I want the gaskets and RTV to seat a day or two before flogging it WOT on a dyno.

Blackened300a
05-25-2009, 06:50 AM
I think those are the rubber style gaskets in there where you can re-use the old ones and no RTV needed.
Im awaiting the arrival of my intake as we speak. :D

justbob
05-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Correct, intake gaskets are reusable, swap and go.

ImpalaSlayer
05-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Correct, intake gaskets are reusable, swap and go.

yup, gotta love it

DOOM
05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Who's going to be the first to put one of these on a supercharged marauder??? :hmmm:

:thinker:

ImpalaSlayer
05-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Who's going to be the first to put one of these on a supercharged marauder??? :hmmm:

:thinker:

anyone with out a trilogy :up:

ctrlraven
05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Mmmm I think it would do wonders on a turbo MM.

Bradley G
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
hATER?:bows:
anyone with out a trilogy :up:

Glenn
05-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, a Mach 1 is not a MM. My MM weighs 4,450# - how much does the Mach 1 weigh - 3,800# ?? Let's see 100# lighter equals 0.10 sec on the 1/4 mile or am I wrong? So 600# lighter equals 0.60 second or am I wrong?? Also, HP is not the real issue - it's track performance. What will it do on the track?

Glenn Ford

ImpalaSlayer
05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
ya know Glenn its comments like that as to which if Naz left here i wouldnt blame him. your a fool

Dave

Glenn
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
OK, no more valid discussion on a questionable cost vs. performance mod. You obviously have all the wisdon of the car universe. This is a valid discussion, but you can't help turn it into name calling again. So who is the fool - someone who is trying to have a real discussion or your name calling.

Am I wrong on 100# lighter = 0.1 sec reduction. Discuss the facts - not your name calling. I believe Natz is man enough to defend his product and he has presented some interesting facts on a good looking product. If Natz feels this discussion is not valid - let him step forward and tell me. This discussion has probably help sell more units and develop more interest in his product then if we did not have it.

Glenn Ford

ImpalaSlayer
05-26-2009, 07:12 PM
OK, no more valid discussion on a questionable cost vs. performance mod. You obviously have all the wisdon of the car universe. This is a valid discussion, but you can't help turn it into name calling again. So who is the fool - someone who is trying to have a real discussion or your name calling.

Am I wrong on 100# lighter = 0.1 sec reduction. Discuss the facts - not your name calling. I believe Natz is man enough to defend his product and he has presented some interesting facts on a good looking product. If Natz feels this discussion is not valid - let him step forward and tell me. This discussion has probably help sell more units and develop more interest in his product then if we did not have it.

Glenn Ford

was not in the least claiming i know everything nor argueing the fact about the weight. just sick of hearing you constantly blab on about how a mm is not a mustang, we know this. if we all wanted to be like Glenn we would buy a trilogy. i appolgize, carry on with the constructive comments about the product.

Dave

Bradley G
05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Might be just what's needed to break that barrier, that Glens' so confident will not be broken.

Loco1234
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I have been doing some research nto the PSR intake & thenk it will be benficial for my supercharged application. after Carisle I'll prob look into one. I 'll be able to report back some supercharged dyno #'s.

I have been running a T-trim but it just **** the bed so I'm 2nd daying a JT-trim in from Vortec. Thank you Dennis for the help in getting it things rolling.,,
currently @ 622rwhp but expect to be in the 700rwhp range soon.

ImpalaSlayer
05-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I have been doing some research nto the PSR intake & thenk it will be benficial for my supercharged application. after Carisle I'll prob look into one. I 'll be able to report back some supercharged dyno #'s.

I have been running a T-trim but it just **** the bed so I'm 2nd daying a JT-trim in from Vortec. Thank you Dennis for the help in getting it things rolling.,,
currently @ 622rwhp but expect to be in the 700rwhp range soon.

get it to the track! or have you had it there? whats it run?

pacammer
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
This Maurauder is set up a little differently. We take it to Pocono International Raceway and run the tri-oval or two turns and the infield twisties against a lot of Ferraries, mazeraties, lamborginies, Panteras and a token porshe or vette.

The Marauder, or as they call it "the taxi cab" chews them up. Great handling and shifting by or car. I cheat a little, I raced for Ford factory teams years ago and taught my son the tricks of running the track.

Most of our competitors come with unloaded guns. They have great vehicles, no or limited skills.

After Carlisle, we will install a nazty to compliment the new JT trim Vortech.

Gary

Dobs
05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
This Maurauder is set up a little differently. We take it to Pocono International Raceway and run the tri-oval or two turns and the infield twisties against a lot of Ferraries, mazeraties, lamborginies, Panteras and a token porshe or vette.

The Marauder, or as they call it "the taxi cab" chews them up. Great handling and shifting by or car. I cheat a little, I raced for Ford factory teams years ago and taught my son the tricks of running the track.

Off topic, the Marauder suspension was stock?

nazman
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry...I have been away. Very much limited iternet access!

I know that a Mustang is NOT a Marauder. But the Mach 1 power plant its pretty much the same one as far as long block configuration goes.

Same heads, cams, short block, CR, etc.

So, gains (power) on the Mach 1 are what could be expected on a Marauder. As far as 1/4 mile gains, its relative.

10 RWHP Gain = .10th = 1 MPH
100LBS = .10th = 1 MPH

All within a range...Ill say.....that is a good assumption up to the mid 11s range....then you will need a little more power to gain a .10th and or MPH

For the folks running Superchargers and Turbos, we are seeing over 50+++RWHP gains with some incredidible mid range power gains with our Ported Short Runners on FI cars!!

Naz

Glockafella
05-29-2009, 06:36 AM
If I was running supercharged, I would have to have this mod, Its all about air flow and this does nothing but help that.

Loco1234
05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
ya I can't wait till we get the new intake ordered & installed from NAZTY. We feel confident that his product will work great on the engine we have setup...
as afar as suspension we have upgraded front & rear sway bars, Z&M control arms, Metco Watts Link, etc...

Vortech347
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
ya know Glenn its comments like that as to which if Naz left here i wouldnt blame him. your a fool

Dave

:stupid: Definitly