PDA

View Full Version : Glad ta be here!!!

bossharp
05-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm out of central Florida,a 100% SC Navy Vet,harp player,and a Marauder lover...I've only seen 4 or 5 out on the road but this year Oct maybe I'll have one! I have a 2001 Grand Marquis LS Limted right now and am slowley preping the wife on getting a 2004 silver/moonroof.I really look foward to learning more about the Marauder [last nite found out about the blue ones] and I am putting away the green for when I find the right one..There is a LOT to learn and this is by far the best place I have found to do it! My son is really the person who turned me on to them but when I found a killer deal on my "Limted" I stoped thinking about them..Then I seen one in Ocala....Then went to KBB and Edmunds..I'm hooked now!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy and I have a 2006 MX-5 Miata GT we both love but most of the time we need more room and my 'Limted' has worked well for us and the band [www.kathyjo.net] Now it's time to step up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldekid
05-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Welcome, and hope you find what you want.

:beer:

LIGHTNIN1
05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome:party:Glad you are here.Your car is out there waiting on you.Just had mine a couple months.

BAD MERC
05-28-2009, 10:45 PM
The 2004 silver/sunroof was the first Marauder I ever saw in person and belongs to a member here (MarauderTJA). He declined to give me dibs on a possible future sale of his and told me to get my own. 11 months later I got it. That was in 2005. I am in central Florida quite frequently (Orlando/Orange City) and would be thrilled to let you drive mine. We have a huge concentration of members south of I-4 so when you get yours - be prepared to attend a lot of gatherings. Let us know where you live - we will see who lives closeby.

bossharp
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm 20 m. west of ocala out in cow country ...Is there a club in central FL?Whats the web site???

Bluerauder
05-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi everyone! I'm out of central Florida,a 100% SC Navy Vet,harp player,and a Marauder lover...

Welcome to the MM.Net :welcome1: Hope you find that MM that you are looking for.

MM03MOK
05-29-2009, 04:17 AM
:wave: :welcome:

The Sunshine State Marauders ("SSM") have a very active group and subforum here.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Magindat, a member here, also hosts an SSM website.
http://www.sunshinestatemarauders.net/

I have a Silver Birch (no moonroof) as well as a Black. :D

Cobra25
05-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Welcome too the site. I'm sure that you will find what your looking for when your ready. In the mean time please join us at any of our meets that you like. We have a very large group in Florida that are always willing to help out in any way they can. Aside from reading the posts here meet up with a few of us and see for your self the different mods & custom things alot of us have done to our Cars. You will find a great group of friendy people who in time will be like having a second family.

RoyLPita
05-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site.

Ms. Denmark
05-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Welcome to our world! You clearly have exceptional taste!:D
Without a doubt you will enjoy being a member of this forum and meeting your fellow owners. As someone already said, don't wait til you get your Marauder to take advantage of getting out to local meets. You'll enjoy your car sooo much more! :beer:

Egon Spengler
05-29-2009, 06:58 AM
WELCOME! I was the exact oppostie... my father turned me on to the Marauders and said he loved them, so when I got one you could see the jealousy in his eyes haha... He took it the other day while I was mowing the lawn and I look over and there is my dad in the driver's seat pulling a brake stand in front of his house! haha Get in one soon, you're missing out!!!!!

guspech750
05-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome home!!! I hope you find that Marauder that you yearn for. I know I did just over two months ago. Day and night. No matter how bad of a day I had or might have, the Marauder always makes me smile!! And smile big!!:D

jgc61sr2002
05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
:welcome1:Welcome aboard.

bossharp
05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone! Yep,a M/M will fit 'Just Right' out in my field. My 2001 Limted is close,but now it wont do....I am a little confused about the interior colors on a 04 [my target year] Could you order a light or dark 'Flint' ??? And if you find a non-moonroof car is there much downside to putting one in?? Anybody here add a MR to there's ?? KBB is out the window on values...What is the most collectable MM ??

Bluerauder
05-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I am a little confused about the interior colors on a 04 [my target year] Could you order a light or dark 'Flint' ??? And if you find a non-moonroof car is there much downside to putting one in?? Anybody here add a MR to there's ?? KBB is out the window on values...What is the most collectable MM ??
Only two interiors available --- Light Flint or Charcoal. You'll need a short overhead console with the moonroof. Don't know whether all '04 MM came with the short overhead. I think GordonB added an aftermarket MR to one of his MMs and might be able to point you in the right direction of a reputable installer. Check the classifieds here on the MM.Net ... might be better to find one with the MR on it already. As to the most collectible MM ... opinions vary. I tend to think that early '03 300A Blacks and '03 300B Blues will be the most collectible. Only time will tell and we are years from that happening.

MM03MOK
05-30-2009, 06:15 AM
Only two interiors available --- Light Flint or Dark Charcoal. You'll need a short overhead console with the moonroof. Don't know whether all '04 MM came with the short overhead. I believe once they switched to the short overhead console to allow room for the factory moonroof, they only used the short one on all cars. I know MartyO was one of the first ones to install an aftermarket moonroof on his '03. He had his long console customized.

TAKEDOWN
05-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Welcome... and happy huntings!

guspech750
05-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone! Yep,a M/M will fit 'Just Right' out in my field. My 2001 Limted is close,but now it wont do....I am a little confused about the interior colors on a 04 [my target year] Could you order a light or dark 'Flint' ??? And if you find a non-moonroof car is there much downside to putting one in?? Anybody here add a MR to there's ?? KBB is out the window on values...What is the most collectable MM ??

if i remember correctly. some people on the forum told me since i too would like to get one installed, that the brand that mercury used was webasto. here is their web site. http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html (http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html)

i think there is a section where you can find installers for their products.
$1300 souns right. i contacted a local company and was quoted $1200 for the webasto brand. 1995 i had a power sunroof installed in my car and it too cost $1200 and work really well. no leaks. good luck. i am going to get one installed soon too. i miss an open roof since i have always had t-tops or a power sunroof.

bossharp
05-30-2009, 08:08 PM
From what Iv'e seen so far the premum for a MM over a loaded LS is about what it cost when new...About 5,000.00 to 6,000.00. They are a collectable now! But as the miles pile on and condition goes down.....I know that I'll have to pay retail for whatever MM I find because EVERY owner knows what a great car it is and I bet most have a list of folks waiting to buy if they decide to sell.THERE IS NO STEALING a MM!!!!!!!!!!!!

bossharp
06-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I keep looking....I think I'm going to have to save about 6,000.00 to 7,000.00 in cash plus go beg at my credit union to get the MM of my dreams! At auto trader.com [I look every week or so ] it looks like the car I want will run around 15,000.00 or so....I think I am 7-8 months from getting the one I want.I'll keep a eye on the florida club and drive down for a meet later this summer..I'll pull up in a 2001 GM 'Limted' so at least I'll fit in a little. LOL!

bossharp
02-11-2014, 12:16 AM
It's been a long time since that GM limted. .It ended up in a field with a dozen cows just outside of Williston after a low tire. ...The band took off and I bought a Viper truck to carry all the pa and equipment....That's gone last week and now it's back to Ford and Mercury seating for 5.But a Gibson SG and a 135 will fit in the trunk along with 2 smaller amps.lol!! The SRT was rated 9 and 12 of 93octane that made booking KJ and the Bluzification band more expensive. I will always love and look for a MM but till then it's a LSE...