PDA

View Full Version : radio antenna

bluesfan
05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
I have lost all reception so the radio is just a bit of static. Channel seek function can't find anything. Acts like no antenna. CD functions are normal. Where is the antenna and where does it plug in. Possible some cable/ wiring in ths trunk?
Not a real fan of the sound system in this car but didn't plan to upgrade quite yet.
Any help would be great. Thanks

Marauderjack
05-29-2009, 05:03 AM
Common problem with our Alpine (built) radios...they lose the frequency lock control and sound like the antenna is unplugged!!:argue:

You can contact United Radio at 800-448-0944 to get it fixed or get a rebuilt one from Ford....

Mine went out after a year and I got one under warranty in late '04 and it has worked fine ever since so I'd expect they had problems in manufacturing that have been corrected with the repair??:confused:

You may also find a used one but it may have the same bug!!:shake:

Good Luck and WELCOME ABOARD!!:beer:

MainEngDwarf
05-29-2009, 05:04 AM
The radio antenna is integrated into the rear window. Maybe one of the connections is loose. I believe (not sure ) that you can get to the connections form the inside.(on the sides). Good Luck.

CBT
05-29-2009, 05:06 AM
The radio antenna is integrated into the rear window. Maybe one of the connections is loose. I believe (not sure ) that you can get to the connections form the inside.(on the sides). Good Luck.

Sup Main, I got a softball game in VA BCH tonite.

Ravage17
05-28-2015, 04:17 AM
My radio is doing the same thing. What's the solution?

Marauderjack
05-28-2015, 04:47 AM

Read post #2!!:rolleyes:

Or you can buy an aftermarket radio or do like lots of us have and get an Escape unit (plug & play)!!:beer:

fastblackmerc
05-28-2015, 06:43 AM
I have lost all reception so the radio is just a bit of static. Channel seek function can't find anything. Acts like no antenna. CD functions are normal. Where is the antenna and where does it plug in. Possible some cable/ wiring in ths trunk?
Not a real fan of the sound system in this car but didn't plan to upgrade quite yet.
Any help would be great. Thanks

It's not the antenna. As stated it's either a poor connection inside the headunit or a failing circuit.

A few options for you...............

Find another headunit and you'll surely have the same problem again

Get your headunit repaired or buy a repaired one

Get an aftermarket headunit

Get a Ford Audiophile unit to replace stock MM:
P/N: 6L8T-18C815-FD
Runs the factory sub and there is no need for the stock changer as the audiophile system is a 6-disc in unit player. Everything is right at your finger tips including steering wheel control function.

RubberCtyRauder
05-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Ditto on Fastblackmerc post. Get an audiophile unit from 05-07 escape

Marauderjack
05-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Am I invisible here?????:confused:

BigM460
05-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Am I invisible here?????:confused:

I can't see ya!:P

Marauderjack
05-29-2015, 01:54 PM
I believe it!!:(

Merrill
06-07-2015, 09:21 AM
I switched to the escape unit and am happy with it, does it have the speed sensitive volume like the factory unit? If so does anyone know how to set it? Really liked it on the factory radio. Thanks.

larryo340
06-07-2015, 12:36 PM
I switched to the escape unit and am happy with it, does it have the speed sensitive volume like the factory unit? If so does anyone know how to set it? Really liked it on the factory radio. Thanks.

Yes it does :)

Press the menu button until speed volume comes up, and then using the select button you can pick how much you want the volume to go up.

Merrill
06-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks, I knew someone would have the answer.

Merrill
06-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Tried tonight, no speed volume on the menu. Any other thoughts?

larryo340
06-08-2015, 05:51 PM
That's weird :confused:

Can you post a picture of the face of the radio

Merrill
06-08-2015, 08:51 PM
It may be the audiophile radio, thought they were the same. Try to get a picture tomorrow.