PDA

View Full Version : P.C. week 6 suggestions... on the whole of P.C.

Black_Noise
06-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Lets get suggestions on the whole photo challenge thing....

and suggestions for this week.

Ive heard of allowing non-current photos.
and Ive been letting multiple pics of weekly topic fly.

I have no problem with either of these, what else do you people think?

and suggest a topic for week 6

hot-rauder
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Well to be honest, the Challenge part is gone.

It was meant to be a contest adn for the winner to choose the next topic, so it would be kind of a surprise and actually challenge for contestants.

Holding polls each week of the topic is not really what it was created for.

Also, what is the challenge for really? I mean in the "new" format it has taken? NO winner is choosen and if there was a "winner" it was not decided by polls. I remember Olde Kid had a few contests in the bank and then was in turn out voted in the polls.

Mary made the challenges Stickys, do memebers would always see them. I am glad she has stopped becasue well, there is no challenge.

Call it Photo Thread #xxx, because really, thats all it has become.

Black_Noise
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Then we should end it?

sd8683
06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Well to be honest, the Challenge part is gone.

It was meant to be a contest adn for the winner to choose the next topic, so it would be kind of a surprise and actually challenge for contestants.

Holding polls each week of the topic is not really what it was created for.

Also, what is the challenge for really? I mean in the "new" format it has taken? NO winner is choosen and if there was a "winner" it was not decided by polls. I remember Olde Kid had a few contests in the bank and then was in turn out voted in the polls.

Mary made the challenges Stickys, do memebers would always see them. I am glad she has stopped becasue well, there is no challenge.

Call it Photo Thread #xxx, because really, thats all it has become.

BIG ^^^^+1^^^^
I think if there were a winner after week, there would be a lot more interested. But thats just me.

BTW, my suggestion is food.

Black_Noise
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
im my opinion thats stupid to let a WINNER choose the next topic because lets all face it, Oldekid and Cruztaker kick all of our butts!!

I was just trying to get anyone interested in participating a chance to get involve in running it... in a way, and to get them out taking new pictures

sd8683
06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
im my opinion thats stupid to let a WINNER choose the next topic because lets all face it, Oldekid and Cruztaker kick all of our butts!!

I was just trying to get anyone interested in participating a chance to get involve in running it... in a way, and to get them out taking new pictures

You don't HAVE to have the winner choose the next topic, my suggestion is to keep everything the way it is and have a poll to decide a winner for each topic, then have another suggestions thread followed by a poll.
I GAURANTEE there will be more participants if there is a winner.

hot-rauder
06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Cruztaker and Olde Kid NEVER won a single contest....

Blackened300a and Defyant were the only winners.....

bob6364
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
To the victor go the spoils....winner should pick topic
Personally I think that boat pic was last weeks winner...my 2 cents

oldekid
06-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Blackened300a and Defyant were the only winners.....hot-rauder speaks the truth. :banana:

oldekid
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Blackened300a and Defyant were the only winners.....I can't speak for Cruztaker, but for me it's all just for fun. I enjoy shooting the pics, and sharing them.

I do feel that if we are going to vote, we probably should vote for the actual pictures, rather than the weekly theme. Hell, I've never even won at that. :rolleyes:

Black_Noise deserves a lot of credit for trying to keep this going. I just think we do need to come up with some more general themes that will make it easier for more members to contribute. It may take a week of "Marauder Pics Only" to spark more interest, or to be more general, "Automobiles" might work.

Anyhow, let's support this thing so we can all shoot, share, and learn.
:beer:

Bigdough
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I think the community should be allowed to choose the topic.

As far as a "winner" goes, well, what are we winning?? Im just wanting to challenge myself to learn how to use this camera, thats winning enough for me. Hell, I havent even posted a picture yet so Im not too concerned about "winning"

My suggestion for this week is liquid.

TiTo35
06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Its kinda tough to call a photo a "winner" when there is no prize...beside picking the next theme. Lets call it a Photo Challenge/Contest and vote for the best photo based on creativity and relevance to the theme. The photo with the most votes get added to a sticky thread dedicated to the "winners." For example Blackened's and Defyant's photos should hold the title of Best Marauder night pic and whatever the topic was that Blackened won. Then at any given time when someone wants to "challenge" the "winner" of a topic we can crown a new "winner" for that topic...thats a competition and it should render some excitement AND entries!

Just my opinion...BTW thanks Black Noise for keeping this going. :up:

PS...my suggestion is food too...seems like a cool topic to photograph...and easy!

CRUZTAKER
06-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Blackened300a and Defyant were the only winners.....

This is true...neither of us have ever been chosen as 'winner'.

I like the idea of just submitting our images relative to the theme voted upon each week and enjoy (and mock) each other's submissions. No winners, no losers, just compliments and disparages lol.

Black_Noise
06-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Im up for whatever people want to do.

Have a winner, or not, and have them choose the next topic, or not, and whatever works.

I just kinda went about it however I could to keep this thing alive and this seemed like the best way to still accomplish a weekly P.C.

Some people say it not a challenge.... I know its not, I never thought it was before I took it over either... I thought the whole thing was just about MMers getting out taking pics and sharing them.

Im not saying I quit, but If someone else would like to take over the polls and posts of the P.C. let me know.... they are welcome.

Maybe go back to whoever "wins" for the week needs to choose the topic and then make the polls and post for the week after they win. :dunno:

oldekid
06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Some people say it not a challenge.... I know its not, I never thought it was before I took it over either... I thought the whole thing was just about MMers getting out taking pics and sharing them.

Im not saying I quit, but If someone else would like to take over the polls and posts of the P.C. let me know.... they are welcome.Ken, I understand your frustration. You hit the nail on the head when you said it was just about MMers taking pics and sharing them.

What if we just let those who have pics to share, post them and ask other members to post similar pics.

Let's say I have a great photograph of a train. I would post it and ask others to show their best train pictures. It could be any subject, but this way, there are no rules or time limits. Anyone with pics of a train, or what ever, can contribute.

I have seen this in other forums, and it seems to work. Since there is no real winner, there is no reason to vote, or create polls. Members will get comments, or suggestions about their pics, and the thread can last indefinately.

This way, every member has the opportunity to start a "challenge" if you will.

Several people have tried to coordinate this forum, and it seems like they just eventually, gave up.

I'm not a leader, but I do admire those who are. I just have to believe that we can keep this going without someone, such as yourself, having to spend several evenings of the week, being a referee and a judge. I know, since you have a family, you probably have better things to do.

Just my thoughts. . . . . and again, I thank you for what you have done.
:beer:

Marauderjack
06-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Here Here....I'll share a couple from this AM!!:beer:

I have been shooting sunrise pix for many years and now am having them published daily in a local online newspaper...today was outstanding!!:bows:

My camera and software allow me to put panoramas together as well...up to 10 frames. The second photo is a 2 frame panorama!!:)

CRUZTAKER
06-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Impressive! :cool:

Marauderjack
06-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks Barry....that means a lot coming from a "Pro"!!:beer:

CRUZTAKER
06-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks Barry....that means a lot coming from a "Pro"!!:beer:

I am hoping you mean PROtender...lol.:D

oldekid
06-04-2009, 07:12 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16 006&d=1244121595 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16 006&d=1244121595)

That's way cool! I'm glad you are getting your stuff published, congrats!

Hope you don't mind me expanding it for you.

TiTo35
06-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I took a sunset pic about 5 years ago when I was in Ocean city, I miss that pic! I know I did take it with a 35mm so I have no idea where that pic could be...maybe we all can share some sunrise and sunset pics.

Marauderjack
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16 006&d=1244121595 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16 006&d=1244121595)

That's way cool! I'm glad you are getting your stuff published, congrats!

Hope you don't mind me expanding it for you.

How do ya do that John??:confused:

Looks much better when you don't have to open it from a thumbnail!!:beer:

Thanks!!

oldekid
06-04-2009, 05:31 PM
How do ya do that John??:confused:

Looks much better when you don't have to open it from a thumbnail!!:beer:

Thanks!!Easy. Once I clicked on your post and enlarged it, I just copied and pasted into my reply thread. :)

Bluerauder
06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Here Here....I'll share a couple from this AM!!:beer:

I have been shooting sunrise pix for many years and now am having them published daily in a local online newspaper...today was outstanding!!:bows:

My camera and software allow me to put panoramas together as well...up to 10 frames. The second photo is a 2 frame panorama!!:)
Love the color in that panorama shot. Very nice. :up: "Red Sky in Morning ... Sailors Take Warning".

Ladyhawke
06-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow Marauderjack!! Your sunrise pics are stunning.