PDA

View Full Version : Blown transmission

revereamg
06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
I wrecked my transmission driving too hard while trailering a jetski. My mechanic Ran the numbers and said it's the same transmission as the crown victoria. Is that true ? Should I add a transmission cooler ? Any one know any good heavy duty transmissions ?

Zack
06-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Where are you located?

O's Fan Rich
06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I wrecked my transmission driving too hard while trailering a jetski. My mechanic Ran the numbers and said it's the same transmission as the crown victoria. Is that true ? Should I add a transmission cooler ? Any one know any good heavy duty transmissions ?

Yes you should add a cooler.... yes. Plumb it so you go into the factory unit, then out to the aux unit, then back to the trans.

Call Darrin at BC, he's still a vendor here I believe. He can help.

ctrlraven
06-03-2009, 07:53 AM
He is located in Mass.

Darrin
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Yes, I know exactly where you can get a quality rebuilt transmission that will hold up.

I do this for a living and am (still) a site supporting vendor.

Darrin

CBT
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM

Jesus, how friggin big is this jetski?

fastblackmerc
06-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Add a cooler regardless if you have a stock tranny or hi perf tranny. Heat is the enemy of the tranny.