PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the road to Carlisle

Blackened300a
06-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Im heading out in about 15 minutes and its pouring out here in NYC.

10 hours of detailing down the toilet. :mad2:

Ill check into my room then head out to the showfield for about lunchtime.

See you guys there!

Mike Poore
06-05-2009, 03:38 AM

See you guys there!

:sing::whistle:"ON THE ROAD AGAIN....":whistle:
Sorry about the rain, Paul. I'll keep the PIMPMOBILE :pimp: indoors, today, pick up my credentials in the red truck, visit the tent, offer assistance as needed, and drop off some stuff, ....then back to the farm to dry off.
Tomorrow's gonna be the big day + great weather. :woohoo:

Bluerauder
06-05-2009, 03:49 AM

See you guys there!

Same here Paul. I'll be pulling out in a little over an hour. Wet and nasty all the way to Carlisle. :( I probably won't go to the hotel until later tonite.

DOOM
06-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Im not going anywhere until it stops raining.
See you guys in the morning.

Ms. Denmark
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
WHAT? They didn't build you a canopy Doomie? :D It's pouring rain here too. :( Picked up my car from the Detail shop at 8:30am and dorve straight to Napa and bought a water sprite shammy, Meguires First Inspection #34, and a package of 12 microfiber cloths. My detailer is coming to Carlisle and IF he can find us, he said he'd help me clean up the car.........so be forewarned.:coolman: You may have some competition from Ms. D.:cool:

DOOM
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
You go girl :nworthy:

Ms. Denmark
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks Doom! And BTW your brownies taste awesome, if I do say so myself.:) See ya tomorrow. Hope your're hungry.

jonroe
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM
WHAT? They didn't build you a canopy Doomie? :D It's pouring rain here too. :( Picked up my car from the Detail shop at 8:30am and dorve straight to Napa and bought a water sprite shammy, Meguires First Inspection #34, and a package of 12 microfiber cloths. My detailer is coming to Carlisle and IF he can find us, he said he'd help me clean up the car.........so be forewarned.:coolman: You may have some competition from Ms. D.:cool:

Just got mine from the Detailer last evening (in the rain!). I drove straight home and am leaving it there until Sat. morning. I'm hoping the drive up from DC won't be too messy. Jon

DOOM
06-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Gonna be alot of soggy marauders out there. :banghead:

Joe Walsh
06-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Crap!
This rain SUCKS!! 1-2" today, plus flood warnings.
Carlisle will be a friggin' muddy quagmire.
Sorry about all members who spent money on detailing...just to be hit with this weather.
I am hoping that it stops raining some time tonight, so that I can at least wash my Marauder before tomorrow's trip....:alone:

DOOM
06-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Car is locked up in the garage nice and dry.
It ain't movin till all this bull$h¡t stops. :cheesed:

BAJA
06-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Already here. Walked around. Having a great time. Got wet. But the Blue Rose shines under water. Saw lots of Fords and Mercurys. Thinking of trading the blue marauder in for a blue GT 500. At the hotel now. Warm and dry. See you all tomorrow. Barb and Jim

jonroe
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately, my MM is sitting outside in the rain today an tonight. It looks like the rain is ending now in Northern VA. I'll clean her up late tonight or very early in the morning. Even so, the roads are likely to still be wet in the morning so more cleaning will be needed in the quagmire. Just don't get stuck in the mud. See you all in the morning.

Jon

WRONG! It started raining AGAIN here and now it's after 7pm. What a PITA!

bob6364
06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Dang...pay for detailing!...tryed it once they didn't do anywhere near as good as i do...

jonroe
06-05-2009, 04:03 PM
My guys did okay - I could do about as good but had ZERO time to get it done this year so HAD to do it or get ridiculed by a tough crowd!

bob6364
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
My guys did okay - I could do about as good but had ZERO time to get it done this year so HAD to do it or get ridiculed by a tough crowd!

Hehe...That is the reason I did it that one time...had less then zero time...but was disappointed by the pro.