PDA

View Full Version : New to the fold!

thedanned
06-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Hello all, names Dan from New Mexico. I do not have a MM, but am the proud new owner of a 2000 CVPI.

I had been looking for an interesting and modern daily driver that had some power, was a good platform for modifications and most of all reliable! A friend recommended the Panther platforms, something I never thought of. Gotta say, I do like em! They have their faults as every car does (a little too big for my taste. But this is coming from someone who spent the last 6 years diddling with aircooled VWs!) but the good outweighs the bad.

Being a P71, there are some oddities/electrical gremlins to work through. I hope through here and crownvic.net I can find some helpful pointers.

Some nice rides on this here site, sir.

CBT
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Welcome aboard, we tolerate CVPI's here! ;) And there are some sharp ones here, shaaaaaaarp. Fast, too. :beer:

TAKEDOWN
06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi Dan from New Mexico, good luck with the electrical gremlins... I'm sure members here can help you out, I would but I'm completely clueless. One of these days try out the Marauder, but beware you may fall in love! Welcome to the site.

jgc61sr2002
06-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Dan,

Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

thedanned
06-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey thanks guys. Takedown, I wish I could find an affordable MM. They are waaay sexy and theres just something about a DOHC V8, I dunno, just makes me happy! I think I'll cut my teeth with my P71 then graduate at some point.

There are some odd issues with my car, I wont get into them here. But I will ask an unrelated question;

Are any of you on CVN? I have been trying to get approved for over a week and no response. Does it usually take that long?

1of327
06-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome....you will find exception tech help as well as sage wisdom on this site.

LIGHTNIN1
06-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Dan. I am sure you will like it here.Some of us owned CV's before going to the Marauder.I had a couple of 1980's then owned a Ford CV LX Sport for a year before getting the MM. Your ride is out there.:welcome: