PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered Lidios tune! CANT WAIT!!

guccijayda
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
hey whats going on guys. I had my car for about a year now and im finally getting off my ass and working on it! I just bought lidios sct with 3 tunes, 3.55, 4.10 93 oct and 4.10 91 oct! Hopefully be here in couple business days! I am so boosted finally getting work done on the marauder and no more procastifaking.

All the mods I have done so far are jlt intake, flow 40's. I willl hopefully install my 4.10's, udp and within a month too! Trying to hit that 13 second mark whatever it takes I'm trying.

EDIT: It's funny how much more I love my marauder now just for the fact that I finalle renovated my garage to make the marauder fit in the garage(LMAO! F'n Limosine!). Now shes garage kept 24/7, how it should have always been, and OH yea, just got my front end painted from a great shop too!!:banana2:
i'

bob6364
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice....you will like the tune

Glockafella
06-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome to transmission HEAVEN!

TiTo35
06-07-2009, 06:12 PM
What shop did you go to for the paintjob?

BhamMarauder
06-09-2009, 05:56 AM
What company/vendor did you order your tune from? I'm in the market - trying to decide what to buy and who to buy it from. Thanks!

oldekid
06-09-2009, 06:09 AM
What company/vendor did you order your tune from? I'm in the market - trying to decide what to buy and who to buy it from. Thanks!Not trying to suggest one vendor's tune over another, but if you want Lidio's tune, go here: http://www.alternativeauto.com/

BhamMarauder
06-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Not trying to suggest one vendor's tune over another, but if you want Lidio's tune, go here: http://www.alternativeauto.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

guccijayda
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
What shop did you go to for the paintjob?

My good friend Charlie in silver spring that at darcars collision center, huge shop. only paid $250 for the hood and header panel

TiTo35
06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I NEED my roof painted ASAP...can you call him up and see whats up?

guccijayda
06-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I NEED my roof painted ASAP...can you call him up and see whats up?

yea man times 420 man hook him up he hook u up!lol he always gives me like 40-50% off cus we look out 4 each other. so yea man call me and if ur around u can come wid me bring it around the shop any time he workin. my number is 2408881488 or 2024275205. he'll hook it up.

TiTo35
06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
I got your 427 number...I texted you earlier...I think I am off today...we can shot past there today!

DTRMiguel
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I got your 427 number...I texted you earlier...I think I am off today...we can shot past there today!

Tito :chat: im off to playa

guccijayda
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Tito :chat: im off to playa

lol that 427 # doesnt take text messages its a prepaid virgin phone!

TiTo35
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
LOL...I guess thats why you aint hit me back!
Where in silver springs is the car dealer?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh no. I had to bring my MM back 3 times to the Tech Rd. Darcars collision center, and they still did a terrible job. My car was in paint jail there for over a month just to re clear a fender and replace a bumper cover. The manager Pat Power was hell to deal with. He told me I was too picky and they don't have time to turn out work for the discerning customer, that they were a high volume shop that does its business for normal people that aren't fanatical about paint. The work I got back each time looks like kids did it in their garage at home. I still have a ton of overspray on my glass, rubber trim, and wheels because they only masked adjacent panels in the booth.

I would never ever recommend them. I used their shop because of a "buddy of a buddy" deal and they were supposed to take care of me but it turned out to be a disaster, and it was more expensive than most of the other quotes I got too. I had to get geico involved because the manager would not stand behind his "lifetime" warranty. Geico had to force them to re-do on the one panel they were paying for. I had to write letters to corporate to get Pat to re-do the fender i was paying out of pocket (twice). The end result is still average at best, and there is a funny spot in the clear on the fender where it curdled because they sprayed so many layers of clear w/ the multiple re-do's, and it reacted over some fish eye contaminiation in one of the intermediate layers of clear. Eventually it's going to need to be re done again.

Yes this was all on my Marauder.

guccijayda
06-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Wow, lol i never ever experienced what you did man. Sorry YOU had problems but i never did. It's very misleading you throw down my friends shop and say they are terrible this and that when i know them and they all do it for a living and are great people(body shop tech's and even most of the service advisors). They are always packed with cars to paint(MANY cars EASILY ranging over 50grand). It's a huge body shop too its not like a backyard garage or a Maaco like you make it sound. I know half the guys that work in that shop, they all real cool and I had my rear bumper painted there and back the SAME day, same with my front end, superior jobs both times way better then oem bs. I never had harsh treatment their from the service advisors either they are all real funny and laid back. I know the painter and body worker my self and they treat my car real good. they wont even park it in the parking lot incase of door dings or hits so they leave it in the back of the shop all by itself till i come :beer:

Oh no. I had to bring my MM back 3 times to the Tech Rd. Darcars collision center, and they still did a terrible job. My car was in paint jail there for over a month just to re clear a fender and replace a bumper cover. The manager Pat Power was hell to deal with. He told me I was too picky and they don't have time to turn out work for the discerning customer, that they were a high volume shop that does its business for normal people that aren't fanatical about paint. The work I got back each time looks like kids did it in their garage at home. I still have a ton of overspray on my glass, rubber trim, and wheels because they only masked adjacent panels in the booth.

I would never ever recommend them. I used their shop because of a "buddy of a buddy" deal and they were supposed to take care of me but it turned out to be a disaster, and it was more expensive than most of the other quotes I got too. I had to get geico involved because the manager would not stand behind his "lifetime" warranty. Geico had to force them to re-do on the one panel they were paying for. I had to write letters to corporate to get Pat to re-do the fender i was paying out of pocket (twice). The end result is still average at best, and there is a funny spot in the clear on the fender where it curdled because they sprayed so many layers of clear w/ the multiple re-do's, and it reacted over some fish eye contaminiation in one of the intermediate layers of clear. Eventually it's going to need to be re done again.

Yes this was all on my Marauder.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I couldn't refrain from posting just because the service writer was terrible, the quality of the work done was very sub par, my car was damaged by rough handling during service performed, and the end result was not at all worth the time and hassle I endured. I couldn't in good conscience not say anything. The painter who did some of the repairs on my car, told me they have to cut corners because it's a high volume shop, and their normal target customer is just somebody who wants their car back. Pat Power basically said the same thing. He acknowledged the waves in their bodywork, huge 2" wide tape rips in the clear from them pulling tape when the clear hadn't fully kicked, very visible sanding scratches under the paint, overspray, fisheyes, and dirt in their paint, but told me they don't have time to re-work issues like that because they are in a time crunsh to do volume work. A manager should never tell his customer, we don't have time to turn out work that is reasonably defect free.

I assume people on this board are enthusiasts and expect better than get it out the door quality work, which is why I said something. Plus the way I was handled as a customer when I brought blatant problems with the workmanship up, was totally unacceptable.

guccijayda
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
yea i understand to all his own. It is a very huge body shop with expensive cars and I never heard of anyone else complaining from this shop. Check out my car anytime, garage kept, refinished hood and header panel(2 weeks ago), and rear bumper( almost a year ago). car is mint, deep gloss, thick clear, everything is perfect.. no overspray, rough handling or scratching, nothing and back the same day and im someone thats picky about my car I dont have a inch of carpet showing.

I couldn't refrain from posting just because the service writer was terrible, the quality of the work done was very sub par, my car was damaged by rough handling during service performed, and the end result was not at all worth the time and hassle I endured. I couldn't in good conscience not say anything. The painter who did some of the repairs on my car, told me they have to cut corners because it's a high volume shop, and their normal target customer is just somebody who wants their car back.

I assume people on this board are enthusiasts and expect better than get it out the door quality work, which is why I said something. Plus the way I was handled as a customer when I brought blatant problems with the workmanship up, was totally unacceptable.

guccijayda
06-10-2009, 09:47 AM
well back to the topic. Im getting my 4.10 and install kit coming in the mail this friday!!! and my lidio sct tune is coming in today, and what else....i have an appointment at excessive motorsports this tuesday for my gear install...cant wait...

Ill update ya guys on the huge difference i feeel when i put 4.10's and the lidios 4.10 tune on it... I'm not even going to put the 3.55 lidio tune on my car...id rather just wait...lol!!

Aren Jay
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM

jdenning002
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
How did the tune come out?

Did you get an off the shelf tune or a custom tune??

Rockettman
07-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Yah...the tune posting got lost some how.
How'd the tune turn out for ya?

RacerX
07-26-2009, 05:27 AM
??? Doh! No ending? How'd the tune go? I am close to pulling the trigger and calling them to order the sct with tunes. Just doing my homework. Looks like 4.10s are the way to go to. Might pick my MM up a day early, tomorrow! Happy Bday to me! :beer:

gatlandc
07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Hey I am looking to get my feet wet with modifications and what I had in mind is similar to you. SCT tune, cold air intake and 4.10 gears. Can someone point to a good onine store as I live far far way from anywhere.

I've hear that modifications is a little like plastic surgery, once you start it becomes an addiction; always seeking perfection!

ctrlraven
07-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Intake, tune and 4.10s should be good for solid low 14's you'll need some other bolt ons or a converter to get into the 13's.

guccijayda
09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Sorry been afk so long. I've been working 60 hours a week for Takeout Taxi for the last 3 months...but gotta pay the bills.

Heres the follow up.
I got excessive to install my 4.10s a couple months back.
I switched to the zach tune. had previously had lidios.

Talking solely about the 4.10's. Seems pretty fast, and peppy! Less lag and jumps off the line right away. I remember with stock tune and 3.55's, the car was real sluggish off the line not a neck breaker at all until the tune and 4.10s.

I can say however that i could not tell a big difference in performance from having the tune with 3.55's and having the tune with 4.10s... seemed similar but thats me. Chirped tires just the same with 3.55 and tune as it did with my 4.10s and tune. Only huge difference i felt from the car was having a tune put on period compared to stock tune.

BTW I Just bought a 2005 suzuki gsxr 600cc!!Custom painted black rainbow pearl! Loving it.. Bought it for $3600 which included $1000 worth of gear. The bike alone kbb is 5,300!! But had to goto pennsylvannia to get it.

ctrlraven
09-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Yeah sometimes it is hard to tell the difference but if you ran it at the track before and after the 4.10 gears you would of seen the difference.

Nice buy on the bike.