PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle finally got then message.

Blackened300a
06-07-2009, 05:51 PM
It seems our strong numbers finally got noticed. Today we saw Rick who is the man in charge of making Fords at Carlisle possible. He was riding around on his cart over seeing the event when Krytin, SMOKE and myself basically put him on the spot by stopping him on the field. He saw our line of over 30 Marauders and listened to us plead our case about how annoying it is to have us stuck in classes with cars from the 50's and 60's. I guess seeing the turnout for himself worked in our favor because starting in 2010.........

03-04 Marauders have our own class at Carlisle!!!!!!!!!

Rick also said that pre-registration is the key to making this work in our favor. They determine the classes and the size of the parking area by counting the pre-registered entree's. He also said that they are going to try the 03-04 marauder group as one whole group. If we register in larger numbers they will split us into stock and modified. It only took 2 years to get this done but it was worth it.

Ill continue doing what I can to put this together each year and I also plan to raise the bar each year with different fun ideas exclusive to us members.

Pleasure meeting all you guys and looking forward to doing it all again next year!

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2009, 06:05 PM
That is fantastic news Paul!! Thank you for all your efforts to make it happen! We are fortunate to have you and so many other dedicated members of this forum who ensured that our cars had a strong presence at the show. I hope that even more members will come out next year to enjoy representing our Marauders. It's a great time, with great people who share the pride of owning a great car!

sd8683
06-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Paul you're da man! I LOVE my T-shirts btw!
P.S....... I'll be taking that NA engine trophy from ya next year:D

Joe Walsh
06-07-2009, 06:11 PM
paul you're da man! I love my t-shirts btw!
P.s....... i'll be taking that na engine trophy from ya next year

......not!!!

sd8683
06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
......not!!!

Ahah..... You'll see!!!!:D

n3fvg
06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
It seems our strong numbers finally got noticed. Today we saw Rick who is the man in charge of making Fords at Carlisle possible. He was riding around on his cart over seeing the event when Krytin, SMOKE and myself basically put him on the spot by stopping him on the field. He saw our line of over 30 Marauders and listened to us plead our case about how annoying it is to have us stuck in classes with cars from the 50's and 60's. I guess seeing the turnout for himself worked in our favor because starting in 2010.........

03-04 Marauders have our own class at Carlisle!!!!!!!!!

Rick also said that pre-registration is the key to making this work in our favor. They determine the classes and the size of the parking area by counting the pre-registered entree's. He also said that they are going to try the 03-04 marauder group as one whole group. If we register in larger numbers they will split us into stock and modified. It only took 2 years to get this done but it was worth it.

Ill continue doing what I can to put this together each year and I also plan to raise the bar each year with different fun ideas exclusive to us members.

Pleasure meeting all you guys and looking forward to doing it all again next year!

Great news Paul! Glad it worked out. Key here is PRE-REGISTER! Everyone has to remember that and Carlisle makes it easier than ever! Thanks for all your hard work this past weekend!
:beer:

DOOM
06-07-2009, 06:21 PM
:cool5:
___

Blackened300a
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Paul you're da man! I LOVE my T-shirts btw!
P.S....... I'll be taking that NA engine trophy from ya next year:D

Glad you like the shirts but I plan to continue my reign as N/A title holder :D

DOOM
06-07-2009, 06:30 PM
i'll be taking that na engine trophy from ya next year:d

f a i l ! ! !

sd8683
06-07-2009, 06:34 PM
f a i l ! ! !

This is an A and B (N/A) conversation! So C (S/C) your way out!!!!!!!:D

Joe Walsh
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Aren...you running up your post count again?

;)

Paul, That is great news about a seperate late model Marauder class.
I felt bad for the guy in the older blue Monarch who parked in the middle of all our Marauders!

ImpalaSlayer
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Glad you like the shirts but I plan to continue my reign as N/A title holder :D

take it in the shows, long as i take it on the track ;)

DOOM
06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
This is an A and B (N/A) conversation! So C (S/C) your way out!!!!!!!:D

:lol: :beer:

DOOM
06-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Aren...you running up your post count again?

;)

I felt bad for the guy in the older blue Monarch who parked in the middle of all our Marauders!

:laugh:
:rofl:

PantherP71
06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
AWESOME Paul. I can't wait for next year.

Great seeing you guys.

Oh FYI. I'll be taking be S/C next year. ;)

Breadfan
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
That's very awesome, glad to see you all had a good time this year. I will hopefully be able to make it up there next year.

rayjay
06-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Congrats on a job well done :beer: I won't even speculate on next year :rolleyes:

jonroe
06-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Thanks so much Paul! You can count me in for next year right NOW. I'm there.

Jon

ts-pa
06-08-2009, 02:42 PM
This is great news! I'm looking forward to next year already.

Ms. Denmark
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm in for all three days! Hotel reservations are made.

SWOOSH
06-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow, that was fast! Soon it will be hood popping time for me, soon...

TAKEDOWN
06-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Awesome news, finally getting some recognition around here!

Mr. Man
06-14-2009, 05:27 AM
....Or that guy with the Milan parked next to Paula's car!:confused:

Bluerauder
06-14-2009, 05:42 AM
....Or that guy with the Milan parked next to Paula's car!:confused:
I am bringing the wife's '06 DBP Freestyle Limited next year ... it'll be the only one in that class. ;)

Mr. Man
06-14-2009, 05:47 AM
Should look good next to the Milan.;) Plenty of parking in that class I should think with all the Marauders out of the way!

Blackened300a
06-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I am bringing the wife's '06 DBP Freestyle Limited next year ... it'll be the only one in that class. ;)

Handing over the title of "best display" after only one year of being the reigning champ. :D

jabird56
06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm in for all three days! Hotel reservations are made.

Ah,....what are the dates for next year? I'll start making plans now also.

:beer: