PDA

View Full Version : WTB Infinity Basslink

Breadfan
06-10-2009, 06:36 AM
I want to buy an Inifnity Basslink - I had one in my Marauder but it's dead after many years of service. I have mounting holes and wiring all in place for it, so I was hoping to just replace it.

Don't want to spend over $100.

Glockafella
06-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Good Luck, I had one in my pick up, really enjoyed the ease of plug and play.

Breadfan
06-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah I wish mine still worked, I liked it.

Spectragod
06-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I have one, NIB, but it's not $100.

BAD MERC
06-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I have one, I saved it out of a wreck. I have NO clue if it works. It's complete with NO PLUGS and the base mounts were broken off. I am afraid to sell it without verifying operation first.

Breadfan
06-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Can you verify at all or see if it powers up? I think the amp on mine is dead. The speaker should work fine...but mine won't even power on.

I have the mounts and remote and other accessories I need.

Thanks!

Spectragod
06-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Can you verify at all or see if it powers up? I think the amp on mine is dead. The speaker should work fine...but mine won't even power on.

I have the mounts and remote and other accessories I need.

Thanks!

I would gladly take a look at your unit to see if the power up problem is repairable.

Breadfan
06-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Lets just say it may have been hooked up backwards (i.e. ground and 12v reversed) by accident. Fuse is good but unit won't power up, I haven't removed the amp module.

Spectragod
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Lets just say it may have been hooked up backwards (i.e. ground and 12v reversed) by accident. Fuse is good but unit won't power up, I haven't removed the amp module.

Not a problem, that makes it easy, the reverse protection diode is killed...

BAD MERC
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
After it is all on the table let me know with a PM and I will take mine apart and send you what you need IF MINE WORKS. If you need mine we will work something out.

Breadfan
06-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I can solder...I can pull the amp in a day or two, when I get the time...if that helps.

Can I replace with a comparable diode - take it nothing too special?

I feel dumb having hooked it up wrong, I had it out of the car for awhile and when putting it back in, the connectors are hard to see the way it's mounted - I thought I knew by heart how they went and didn't visually check. :( My fault!

BAD MERC I'd hate to buy parts if the whole basslink you have works, but if you do find it works I would be interested.