PDA

View Full Version : Local weekly car shows.

Rockettman
06-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Do any of you GTA guys end up at the shows around the "Horeshoe"? I mean do you show the cars at the Tuesday night; Sunday night; whatever night, "parking lot" shows?
I'm thinking of doing that with my Marauder, but I wonder (only sometimes) if these cars are just that cool to us. :rolleyes:

Serge
06-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I used to go to the Falls every Sunday night but I stopped because of all the ricers.

k_r_a_c_k_e_r
06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
theres quite a few shows around.. in mississauga theres applewood plaza on wens, and canadian tire on the queensways on saturday nights.

Rockettman
06-15-2009, 05:47 AM
A new one just had it's first this past Saturday in Mississauga. The Sky Louge on Eglinton (at Centenial Park) parking lot. It was a good turnout for the first one. They are supposed to be happening every second weekend this summer. Maybe someone from here will show.

Bulten Rauder
06-18-2009, 06:54 AM
There's every Tuesday at the Home Depot and Thursday's at the A&W here in Cambridge. I take my kids over in the MM to see the "old rods" and park just nearby...usually quite a few wander over to check out and comment on my car. We have a cheesed up General Lee that shows up and my boy loves it (he's 6) along with some amazing beasts from the past: GTO Judge, '69 Camaro, '77 Trans Am, '71 Cuda, '69 Charger, various Corvette's etc.

It's just great to walk around them with the kids...especially at the end when they all fire up and have that "crappy fuel burning smell..."

It would be nice to meet up with a few of the members here and just park 3,4,5 or so in a row just off to the side...I know they used to do it at the old Milton CT store before they moved it. That would be a nice place to meet...we could all go for a rip down some side roads after...:burnout:

Rockettman
06-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I don't see why we can't get something like that together. Maybe even every 2 month's (less or more). We're all on here right? It won't happen all the time - real life takes over - but why not once and awhile?

Marawder
06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Most of the ones in Durham only allow the old stuff. There's Canadian Tire on Hyw2 at Salem on Saturday nights and the Zellers plaza on Simcoe just north of the 401 on Sunday nights. Wednesday (or is it Tuesday? I can't remember) at the new A&W on Taunton just started a couple weeks ago, but very small turnouts of 6-8 cars so far.

Rockettman
06-21-2009, 02:21 PM
...but very small turnouts of 6-8 cars so far.
Maybe it's time to change that.

scruff
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Every Sat night at the canadian tire on Bayfield St Barrie show what you brung usually around 100 cars Burger king is there also

Canadasvt
06-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Every Wednesday the Lions Club holds the largest cruise in Canada. It's at Mapleview Mall in Burlington (my town). Always a good mix of old and not so old like our MM's. On a clear night you need to be there by 6 but better to aim for 5pm to get a spot.

http://mapleview.shopping.ca/getmallevent?id=15716&mallid=map

Bulten Rauder
07-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Every Wednesday the Lions Club holds the largest cruise in Canada. It's at Mapleview Mall in Burlington (my town). Always a good mix of old and not so old like our MM's. On a clear night you need to be there by 6 but better to aim for 5pm to get a spot.

http://mapleview.shopping.ca/getmallevent?id=15716&mallid=map

I vote we make this the meeting spot. I've been there, it's close to both QEW and 403/407, plus we can cruise down along the lake for a few miles after...Let's aim for the next sunny, clear Wednesday?

Who is in?

Dave

Rockettman
07-02-2009, 06:05 AM
The Wednesdays that I can make it...I'm in!

Digital Man
07-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah I've seen that one. I'd give it a go the odd Wednesday.

Bulten Rauder
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, should we set a date for July then?

It would be nice to have a few MM's lined up with maybe a little Maple Leaf Marauders sign...stating there's only 470 ever built (for Canada).

Dave

k_r_a_c_k_e_r
07-23-2009, 11:21 AM
just post the date and I'll be there!

Canadasvt
07-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Waiting for a rainless Wednesday :( and when I'm not on afternoons

GetMeMyStogie
07-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I'd be willing to go, but my MM isn't much to show right now. I tried getting rid of the swirl marks in my paint, using Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 by hand, and only made it worse. Maybe once I get a proper detailing done, and some floor mats, and a few other things, I'd be more inclined to show up. But as it is right now, I don't think it's anything to show off.