PDA

View Full Version : c'mon out west a bit to race in Moorhead!

03calitejas
06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Just posted this in the drag racing forums...I know Moorhead is a bit of a journey but the 1/4 mile track there is a hoot and I got 15 runs in on Friday at a test n tune ($40)...Might be a fun meet if we could get a couple MM's out and do a BBQ...

Got in 15 runs on Friday at a test n tune in Moorhead Mn and had a freaking blast !!!! ...second time at the track w the MM. OK, so I tried the headlight out vs headlight in (also side view mirrors back)and it did seem to shave about a tenth off my average times but I'm still way early on the learning curve at the track.

I also tried going around the water box twice and spun the Nitto's both times. When I preloaded to 2K without the burnout I got seriously sideways off the line- won't do that again...

Mashing gas Vs Preloading...the preloading gives about a .2 sec advantage for me at the 60ft

Best 60ft times for me come after a serious burn out and preloading to about 2K. I am wasting those tires quickly and need to invest in the MT slicks that JustBob has posted about(I have a spare set of MM rims). My best time to date is a 14.441 at 96.19MPH. Last run of the day I went thru the traps at 98.83 but only ET's at 14.551- go figure

Clocked 3 runs under the 14.5 barrier I was stuck at last time so I am pretty pumped now about getting the underdrive pulleys in and seeing what that does to the ET's.