PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Marauder with a price around 9000

R.Ganas
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
New to the forum, I live in the metro Detroit area. Ive been in the market for a new car and would really like to find a Marauder that someone has taken care of. I have found a few in this area for the right price but the cars were pretty beat up. I don't have any specific features or color in mind,I'm just looking for a marauder with higher mileage that's been taken care of. So if anyone has one for sale around 9000 and would like to send me some information via email or post it here that would be great. I'm willing to travel if someone has what I'm looking for.

Richard
R.Ganas@gmail.com

rayjay
06-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Welcome. What you are looking for won't be found here for that price. Sorry

DTRMiguel
06-15-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54149

03calitejas
06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
this might still be for sale and fit your needs

Black 03 for $7750.
Well, so far I've had a few Craig's list and Uncle Henry's tire kickers but nothing more. I'd rather sell her to someone here that appreciates MMs for what they are. Plus, I'll still be able to keep in touch with her lol. I've dropped the price to $7750 to compensate for some deferred maintenance I won't be able to get to. Nothing serious; just front tires, brakes are due, stupid check engine light since my gear install last fall. Cosmetically she's good with the exception of some scraping from two seperate H&R's on the front and rear bumpers. She just tonight rolled over 129k. I hate to give her up. She's been a big part of my life for the past six years but I have other responsibilities that take priority.
If I still have her on the 24th, I'll be taking her to Epping as I'm still curious as to how much was gained with the gears and tune.
I'll gladly send pics to anyone who's interested.

search the for sale forum...might be others close

Bluerauder
06-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't have any specific features or color in mind, I'm just looking for a marauder with higher mileage that's been taken care of. So if anyone has one for sale around 9000 ....

You'll have a much wider selection of colors in the Detroit area. ;)

A well kept MM in one of the four original colors may be hard to find for your target price.

BTW -- Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net

R.Ganas
06-15-2009, 02:28 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1221432017.html

This one is intriguing, but could someone give me insight on the "super chip"?. I'm not really sure what that means, sounds kind of sketchy

Blackened300a
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/1221432017.html

This one is intriguing, but could someone give me insight on the "super chip"?. I'm not really sure what that means, sounds kind of sketchy

The company "superchips" makes a programmer for the 03 Marauder. Its #1725. That could be what he means. It looks clean but you'll have to see it in person to be sure.
Do a search and you'll learn what to look for in a early 03.

Go Mifuni
06-16-2009, 07:13 AM
this might still be for sale and fit your needs

Black 03 for $7750.
Well, so far I've had a few Craig's list and Uncle Henry's tire kickers but nothing more. I'd rather sell her to someone here that appreciates MMs for what they are. Plus, I'll still be able to keep in touch with her lol. I've dropped the price to $7750 to compensate for some deferred maintenance I won't be able to get to. Nothing serious; just front tires, brakes are due, stupid check engine light since my gear install last fall. Cosmetically she's good with the exception of some scraping from two seperate H&R's on the front and rear bumpers. She just tonight rolled over 129k. I hate to give her up. She's been a big part of my life for the past six years but I have other responsibilities that take priority.
If I still have her on the 24th, I'll be taking her to Epping as I'm still curious as to how much was gained with the gears and tune.
I'll gladly send pics to anyone who's interested.

search the for sale forum...might be others close

Yes. I agree. This is the one for you. I'd be happy to send you some pics.
I'll have some time slips too after next Wednesday if the weather is good. :D

Egon Spengler
06-16-2009, 08:13 AM
You are supposed to say... "Adult owned, never been raced" hahaha

Yes. I agree. This is the one for you. I'd be happy to send you some pics.
I'll have some time slips too after next Wednesday if the weather is good. :D

GordonB
06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
FWIW,
I saw a few NOT in the car show that were out on the street near Safford LM on Saturday, incl. a Blue MM that is all STOCK. It brought tears to my eyes. Not so much abused, but just never taken care of. I viewed this hapless creature with its orig. owner who admitted that it has never been garaged, driven by mom & wife, and lacked any human kindness in its entire life. This is the kind of car that can be picked up for $7 to $10K. Mileage was not that bad, maybe 45k.
As far as bringing it back from the brink, even my detailing skills could only salvage a 7.5 on a 10 point scale after several weeks of work. The car really needs to be re-painted, many parts inside and out replaced, and the drive train gone over inside & out.
If you ask me, it is cheaper in the long run to find a well-cared for car and pay more than to have re-paint and re-build a poorly maintained car.
Just my 2 cents worth from someone who has 132,000 miles between 2 cars, driven daily, and gets acolades for appearances after 6 and 5 years respectively for the '03 & '04.

GordonB

Go Mifuni
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
You are supposed to say... "Adult owned, never been raced" hahaha

Lol. These cars were made to be driven though!
Besides, it's not like I do it all the time. I went once (only 4 runs) 4 years ago when she was bone-stock. I'm curious as to the improvements gained by the gears, tune and intake. 14's would be nice. :D

03calitejas
06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
If you put the gears on after the DR tune you might want to give him a call and see if you can get a revised tune to clear the check engine light(or maybe get with Zack or one of the other folks here than knows the tunes well). I know I would be really hesitant to plunk down money on a car with the check engine light on....just a thought

I think with the gears, CAI and the tune you will definitely be in the 14's...and then prolly not want to sell it :P

Go Mifuni
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
If you put the gears on after the DR tune you might want to give him a call and see if you can get a revised tune to clear the check engine light(or maybe get with Zack or one of the other folks here than knows the tunes well). I know I would be really hesitant to plunk down money on a car with the check engine light on....just a thought

I think with the gears, CAI and the tune you will definitely be in the 14's...and then prolly not want to sell it :P

I ALREADY like the performance over stock. But numbers are more accurate than "SOTP" and I've already commited myself to selling her.
The light is on wether or not the chip is installed. Bob had graciously offered to come over and help me troubleshoot it but I just can't seem to get a weekend free. If it comes down to selling or NOT selling my car, maybe I can FIND the time and ask him again lol.
My gear swap was definitely a unique experience. The mech asked that I contact DR about it and I did. Even though D no longer had the tuning equipment for the chip, he said I could ship it to him anyway and he'd see if he could look at it. Problem was that the light came on even without the chip so it wasn't the chip. Bob seems to think something was bumped during the install. Oh, and I couldn't bring my car back to the shop because two weeks after the install, the mech was in the obituaries and the garage was closed. Sad situation.

justbob
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
You can have mine for a little more than double your target price. It needs nothing but a deserving owner.

marauder_dallas
06-18-2009, 08:22 PM
check me out i have 2 m marauder's for sale!!!!!!!!

texascorvette
07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Mine has 62K and it's still like new......guess that's why I'm planning on keeping it. Although I wouldn't mind having the new SHO.