PDA

View Full Version : 11-2-03 at ETown: Detroit vs. Imports

Constable
10-10-2003, 09:53 PM
http://etownraceway.com/main/03events/sw4.jpg

Come join in the festivites!! Be sure to get there early, as past Street Wars events have sold out of tech cards by noon! Hope to see a handful of the North East crew there.

Bigdogjim
10-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Yeah sound like we could all get together...............

martyo
10-11-2003, 05:56 AM
I was already planning on attending. I have already started to pray for the proper weather. Also, I hope to be dragging one of my buddies with a '98 GT with me. Oh yeah, and BillyG better be coming as I told him I would spring for his helmet rental fee. Some of the NY/NJ/CT crew ought to come even if they aren't planning on racing just so they can represent!

Bigdogjim
10-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Well lets go get the ball rollin' no time like now.......

Constable
10-12-2003, 08:28 AM
I've met a lot of people at ETown on the past few Friday nights. All of them have been very enthusiastic about this event and have invited me to show up. It's going to be a good show on the 2nd, no Ford vs. Chevy vs. Mopar shananigans.... just Detroit vs. the WORLD! I'm calling out sick for this, so I better see some more MM's out there!

I'll also be at ETown on the 25th and the 31st for time trials. I'll be attempting to figure a dial-in for the 2nd. If anyone would like to join me, feel free.

martyo
10-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Constable
I'll also be at ETown on the 25th and the 31st for time trials. I'll be attempting to figure a dial-in for the 2nd. If anyone would like to join me, feel free.

I'll see what I can do; the 25th is more likely. What time are time trials and what is the crowd like on Saturdays?

Constable
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
oops... maybe I meant the 24th... hehehe. I'm going on Fridays, there isn't that much of a crowd. Usually get 4 runs in. I dunno about saturdays

BlownBlass
10-19-2003, 04:32 AM
I'll be there.

martyo
10-29-2003, 04:48 AM
Just wanted to refresh this.

The weather for Sunday is looking good although I would like it to be cooler. These cars sure like cool air!

So far it looks like Ryan (Constable) Billy (BillyGMan), Blown Blass, and I are going. Jim (BigDog) may be in too. Billy and I will be arriving together and I may also have a couple of buddies and their cars along for the ride.

Anyone else interested, let me know. Billy give me a call so we can plan a time and place to meet.

Hope to see more of you guys out there!

Constable
10-29-2003, 09:52 AM
I'll be there bright and early... eyeing up the competition. Smells like... RICE!!

Bigdogjim
10-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Time? What time do you want to meet? Where do you to meet?

martyo
10-29-2003, 03:45 PM
I plan on beinmg there at around 8:30 a.m. or so.

Constable
10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Once you pull in through the gates, you'll wrap around the back of the track. Fill out you're tech card and head straight for inspection. I usually park about mid-track on the pit side... just off of the return route to the staging lanes.

martyo
10-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Ryan: Will you have your cell phone or FRS with you? If so, PM me your cell phone number.

Constable
10-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I dunno what the hell an FRS is, but yes, i'll PM you with the Ryan Cell.

BlownBlass
10-29-2003, 06:46 PM
I'm gonna be coming from Holbrook (Suffolk County) anyone else leaving from this area that I can meet up with? Never been to E-town. please tell me I don't need to bring my Helmet for my 14 or 15 sec Marauder.l

martyo
10-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BlownBlass
I'm gonna be coming from Holbrook (Suffolk County) anyone else leaving from this area that I can meet up with? Never been to E-town. please tell me I don't need to bring my Helmet for my 14 or 15 sec Marauder.l

NJ law: All drivers must wear helmets regardless of ET's.

Which way will you be driving? You can hook up with us?

BlownBlass
10-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Don't know you tell me whwere and when and I'll be there.

martyo
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
I plan on going over the Tappan Zee Bridge. Is that convenient for you? Don't forget the Marathon is on Sunday, so we want to steer around NYC!

BlownBlass
10-30-2003, 05:47 PM
TappanZee may be alittle out of my way. Yet I have to avoid the Marathon right. Let me got to the map. I'll be back.

BlownBlass
10-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Looks like I'll be taking the Verazano. Should bet there around 8:30 or 9

Constable
10-30-2003, 06:20 PM
Can't miss us... a bunch of extraordinarily BLACK cars that will be about 3 times the size of our opponents (RICERS!!!).

Too bad noone has a green Marauder... it'd be like Godzilla stomping through downtown Tokyo.

martyo
10-30-2003, 07:12 PM
If any of you are interested, looks like I will be there tomorrow night too. I need some of that cold night air to feed the beast!

Bigdogjim
10-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Constable
Can't miss us... a bunch of extraordinarily BLACK cars that will be about 3 times the size of our opponents (RICERS!!!).

Too bad noone has a green Marauder... it'd be like Godzilla stomping through downtown Tokyo.

Hey Ryan: If the dealership keeps screwing my paint up I'll soon have a dark green Marauder:) :D :cool: ;) :P :P

Constable
10-31-2003, 11:59 AM
I'll be there tonight, Marty. I have a feeling we're going to be putting down some good numbers. Unfortunately... the weather forecast is now saying a high of 77 for Sunday! OUCH. That's going to put a damper on our times.

Bigdogjim
10-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Just keeping it fresh.

Constable
10-31-2003, 08:41 PM
Meet time will probably be between 8:30am and 9:00am. I'll most likely be there a little early. Get some breakfast on the way over, you really don't want to be eating the food there. Marty can testify to the prices of ETown grub: $2.75 for a vending-machine lemonade!!

martyo
10-31-2003, 10:52 PM
The PA announcements this evening indicated that the gates open at 9:00 a.m.

CRUZTAKER
10-31-2003, 10:57 PM
I'm in Texas!!!! Dammit!!!! I am sorry to miss all of you and represent. I am starting to HATE my job more and more.
:cry:

martyo
10-31-2003, 10:58 PM
We miss ya Barry! John T said he would be stopping by on Sunday and I will have BillyGMan in tow too.

CRUZTAKER
10-31-2003, 11:02 PM
:mad2: :shake: :bigcry: :censor: :nono: :fire:

This sucks for me soooo bad.

Have fun all....eat some fried rice for me. I'm off to the chinese restaurant...as that's all the rice I'll be eating fotr awhile.

JerseyVics
11-01-2003, 03:09 AM
Hey a little advice from the guy who has lacking experience in drag racing but was badly embarrased by a fellow JerseyVicster against whom said inexperienced drag racer raced and lost 3 times in a row (N/A CV with underdrives and chip running consistent mid 15's beating a Supercharged CV that was running low 15's to high 14's but still crossing the finish line after the N/A CV - get the embarrasment picture?) be aware that often times the little ****boxes ooopppss I mean rice boxes go thru the waterbox and do not do a burnout to dry their slicks.... which if you're behind them is suicide... It was for me!

I would spin thru 2nd gear after encountering a drop of water on the staging lanes, be careful all you's! But most importantly have fun! I will join you when I get a job and get enough balls to accept that all you will be beating me because of a superior vehicle, heh

--Russ ;)

Constable
11-01-2003, 11:04 PM
This is a little late, but I just read the latest ETown News. It states that gates will open at 9am on Sunday. I dunno when they decided to change it, but that's what it'll be. See you all in the morning. Drive safe.

BlownBlass
11-03-2003, 04:05 PM
:( Very sorry I couldn't make it guys, something came up that needed my attention. I will try again for the next one. Hope you all did well.

martyo
11-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BlownBlass
:( Very sorry I couldn't make it guys, something came up that needed my attention. I will try again for the next one. Hope you all did well.

Looks like we are getting together on the 15th of November for food and stories at the Hooters in Wayne, New Jersey. No racing except for a few parking lot burn outs.

Let us know if you are interested.

jgc61sr2002
11-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by martyo
Looks like we are getting together on the 15th of November for food and stories at the Hooters in Wayne, New Jersey. No racing except for a few parking lot burn outs.

Let us know if you are interested. Marty - Sounds Good.:D