PDA

View Full Version : Attention trilogy supercharger users

Effster
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Apperently ford is having a problem with an oring that they used for the intercooler setup.The 1 I am talking about goes on the stainless nipples that attach the front plate to the intercooler core.I was wondering why ford is on backorder for so long,well now I know.Im guessing that the new style antifreeze was attacking the oring making the rubber break down and start to leak.So I did some research and found a company in california.Their name is o-rings inc,,telephone # is 323-343-9500.The oring you need is a speacial compund I found called simriz.It resists 1800 different chemicals and will withstand 600 degrees.Part # is simriz 485-115.BUT,,be prepared to hold onto your wallet.Because I only purchased 4,,the hit was about 75$ for 4 with the shipping.But to me,,its better than having antifreeze going into the engine.Hope this helps you guys,,good luck.......Jeff

MI2QWK4U
10-12-2003, 05:23 PM
Which antifreeze is causing the problem? Isnt the gold stuff the new stuff? Im using green antifreeze....

Effster
10-12-2003, 05:25 PM
dave not sure.all i know is ford is on a backorder because of some quality issue.thats all they would tell me.so i am guessing the orings were failing on them