PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes 7 speed transmission

Joe Walsh
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Would a Mercedes 7 speed automatic transmission help my Marauder run quicker ETs?
Also would it help my Marauder get better gas mileage?

Phrog_gunner
06-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Is that a Mercedes 7 speed truck or car transmission??

Joe Walsh
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Is that a Mercedes 7 speed truck or car transmission??

Hoo Boy!.........You got me there!

I hadn't considered that.

:dunno:

I'll start another thread!

Phrog_gunner
06-27-2009, 08:58 PM

Good call.

Joe Walsh
06-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Seriously...It amazes me that they let this Troll get away with starting threads like that.

I bet that this thread gets closed real soon.

If it does... I am friggin' gone.
I am so tired of this website getting used and polluted with his B.S.

If anyone starts to tell me that I am being mean to him I will promptly tell them to go 'F' themselves!!!

Can you tell that I am totally and finally worn out by the B.S.???

BTW: I have not been drinking this evening...I am just so tired of the crap.

offroadkarter
06-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Lol!!!! You iz 2 funnah! :D

Phrog_gunner
06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
WOO SAH Joe WOO SAH

JohnE
07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Why not go with the new 6-speed trans that is used in the Expeditions and now the F-150? It would probably require some modifications to the tunnel and an upgrade to the new PowerPC powertrain controller, but junkyard parts should be easy enough to obtain. You'd need the newer Panther wiring harness and the trans harness from the donor 6-speed vehicle.

I've been contemplating building a Town Car with this 6-speed and a 5.0L modular.

If you'd like better fuel economy, consider optimizing your current setup for that. Change the shift-lock schedule for fuel economy. A high stall converter seriously hurts fuel economy when unlocked. Lock that converter from everything above 25 mph. This includes locking very shortly after entering 2nd gear. Also I suspect that the stock exhaust would net better low-end fuel economy as well, by keeping the velocities up.

John

Joe Walsh
07-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Why not go with the new 6-speed trans that is used in the Expeditions and now the F-150? It would probably require some modifications to the tunnel and an upgrade to the new PowerPC powertrain controller, but junkyard parts should be easy enough to obtain. You'd need the newer Panther wiring harness and the trans harness from the donor 6-speed vehicle.

I've been contemplating building a Town Car with this 6-speed and a 5.0L modular.

If you'd like better fuel economy, consider optimizing your current setup for that. Change the shift-lock schedule for fuel economy. A high stall converter seriously hurts fuel economy when unlocked. Lock that converter from everything above 25 mph. This includes locking very shortly after entering 2nd gear. Also I suspect that the stock exhaust would net better low-end fuel economy as well, by keeping the velocities up.

John

John,
I appreciate the advice and input....I apologize for fantasizing about possibly installing a Mercedes 7 speed into my Marauder.
I think that the better alternative would be a CVT.

CBT
07-12-2009, 06:41 AM
If anyone starts to tell me that I am being mean to him I will promptly tell them to go 'F' themselves!!!

You're being mean to him. Sure, he was an alleged pedophile, but he made some great music before he died. Let it go.

Blackened300a
07-12-2009, 06:48 AM

Can you tell that I am totally and finally worn out by the B.S.???.

+1
Im starting to lose interest on this site as well. If I wanted to deal with this troll crap on a daily basis, Ill go hang out on grandmarq.net.

Joe Walsh
07-12-2009, 07:14 AM
+1
Im starting to lose interest on this site as well. If I wanted to deal with this troll crap on a daily basis, Ill go hang out on grandmarq.net.

I'm now displaying 5 gold stars....the race flags are gone...and for a reason.

(I can't even attach any pictures to my posts anymore....:bigcry:)

CBT
07-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Would a Mercedes 7 speed automatic transmission help my Marauder run quicker ETs?
Also would it help my Marauder get better gas mileage?

Mine goes to 11....

Joe Walsh
07-13-2009, 06:47 AM
Mine goes to 11....

LOL...

So CBT has a CST?

(Constantly Shifting Transmission.)

CBT
07-13-2009, 06:59 AM
LOL...

So CBT has a CST?

(Constantly Shifting Transmission.)

Wanna see the "shifter" on my "tranny", sailor?

Joe Walsh
07-13-2009, 07:40 AM

UH OH!....:eek:

I'm going to report your post to the moderators!!....:bigcry:

Aren Jay
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM

Joe Walsh
07-15-2009, 01:16 PM
CVT is your best bet.

Maybe the kid can pull one from his golf kart for you...

.....................http://www.drugs.com/lithium.html

Blackened300a
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Dont worry Joe, I think the change is in the air. His stupid threads are all being locked. I think even the higher ups have had enough.

Joe Walsh
07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Dont worry Joe, I think the change is in the air. His stupid threads are all being locked. I think even the higher ups have had enough.

I noticed that happening.........and it made my day.

justbob
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Your being mean...............:D You big bully.

Phrog_gunner
07-15-2009, 02:32 PM

Dude, you can't say tranny anymore. The PC term is Gender Dysphoric

cassidy
07-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Joe Walsh started this thread

and

then complains about it?

Of course the transmission won't fit...Marauders don't speak german

justbob
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
You wouldn't understand, this thread covers "other" subjects since 07

Joe = Bully

Phrog_gunner
07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Joe = Bully

I'm gonna tell him you said that....

offroadkarter
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Joe Walsh started this thread

and

then complains about it?

Of course the transmission won't fit...Marauders don't speak german
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/offroadkarter/Other%20pictures/2a8kq2q.gif

justbob
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm gonna tell him you said that....
Phrog_gunner = Tattle tail

CBT
07-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Phrog_gunner = Tattle tail

Don't say tail, he'll get all excited.

Joe Walsh
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/offroadkarter/Other%20pictures/2a8kq2q.gif

^^^ OMG!.... That there is the funniest thing I've seen in a while!! ^^^

:rofl:

I was waiting for 'DENIED!!!!' to pop up on the screen when the 2nd hand intercepts the offending thread starter.

It should be a 'sticky' at the top of the FAQ section.

Phrog_gunner
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Did someone say tail? :D

CBT
07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Did someone say tail? :D

Uhhh nope! Nothing to see here! Yes yes, move along now!

CKMustangCobra
07-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Lexus has an 8 speed.

Joe Walsh
07-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Lexus has an 8 speed.

Putting a Toyota....err....I mean Lexus transmission in a Marauder???......:confused:

That just ain't right!

offroadkarter
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Putting a Toyota....err....I mean Lexus transmission in a Marauder???......:confused:

That just ain't right!

An 8 speed?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/offroadkarter/Other%20pictures/nothanks.gif.

to many gears...

GordonB
07-16-2009, 06:19 AM
I vote for the 6-sp Auto from the new Ford trucks. Any takers, or should I say 'tryers'?
GordonB

Joe Walsh
07-16-2009, 07:17 AM
I vote for the 6-sp Auto from the new Ford trucks. Any takers, or should I say 'tryers'?
GordonB

Brian (FordNut) stuffed, and I do mean stuffed, a truck transmission into his Marauder...but it was no simple bolt-in job.
It was still a 4 speed (4R100), but it is a whole lot tougher than our 4R70Ws.

If the new 6 speed truck transmission is similar in size to the 4R100, then it could be fit into a Marauder.

JEEZ!
I've realized that my; 'just dreaming like AJ' thread has evolved into a real world possiblity!.....:o

CBT
07-16-2009, 07:22 AM
I've realized that my; 'just dreaming like AJ' thread has evolved into a real world possiblity!.....:o

See what you get for being all serious? Err..I mean goofy? Actually a pretty interesting post now, I was unaware someone actually put a truck tranny in a Marauder. I recall pics of someone making a standard, I think DR was working on it down FLA way. I'd like to see/hear a Marauder going down the road, shifting thru the gears.

Breadfan
07-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Hoo Boy!.........You got me there!

I hadn't considered that.

:dunno:

Lol!

#4#
08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I know im chiming in a little late here and appologize but As both a marauder owner and a Mercedes technician i say don't waste your time. We (mercedes) have enough problems with making the trans work successfully in the cars they were designed for. Constant software updates, and electronic linkage are just something not worth dealing with IMO. Just too much technology to reverse engineer into a marauder. Little gain for so much work.

I haven't done any homework on this but has anyone looked into a gear vendors over/underdrive unit for our cars?

The only way i'd want a six speed was if i was adding another pedal.