PDA

View Full Version : Race to the NA 12's.... howzit goin'?

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Anyone got anything new to report?

The fury seems to have calmed down.

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2009, 06:35 AM

I think maye it's because racin' season has started and the tilting at windmills has begun. ;)

FordNut
06-28-2009, 06:45 AM
At least one of the participants has a blower now.

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 07:22 AM
headers going on shortly, then tune. my car is proving to be slower then others with similar mods so who knows

FormulaMarauder
06-28-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm out of the race simply because the blower I was going to buy this year came at a hard-to-pass up price with MANY additional features and upgrades. So I had to ump on it. That being said, I'm still coinfident you guys can do it.

Glenn
06-28-2009, 08:47 AM
There are no posts because there is no activity on running for 12's NA. How about all the fury over the new IT. Anyone put one on and run it down the track - No! I guess it is just too hot. I'm sure we will see some action in the Fall before the tracks close?

Glenn :burnout:

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 09:16 AM
There are no posts because there is no activity on running for 12's NA. How about all the fury over the new IT. Anyone put one on and run it down the track - No! I guess it is just too hot. I'm sure we will see some action in the Fall before the tracks close?

i love how you speak for people

been to the track with the intake. very little improvement.

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm out of the race simply because the blower I was going to buy this year came at a hard-to-pass up price with MANY additional features and upgrades. So I had to ump on it. That being said, I'm still coinfident you guys can do it.

So, Young Skywalker..... you have accepted the invitation to the Dark Side.....

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 09:18 AM
i love how you speak for people

been to the track with the intake. very little improvement.

That's a shame, Dave. That intake was not cheap.

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
nope, certenty wasnt. im hoping with the headers and tune it will show its self

DOOM
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Too damn hot to race! :sunshine:

DOOM
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
At least one of the participants has a blower now.

:lol:

:rofl:

Phrog_gunner
06-28-2009, 09:59 AM
That's a shame, Dave. That intake was not cheap.

Was that the Naz intake??

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Was that the Naz intake??

yeah, im not fully blaming the intake, i think its something in the tune

Phrog_gunner
06-28-2009, 10:16 AM
The headers may make the difference too. I mean the engine can only flow as much as its most restrictive part.

I do think that intake a little pricey, but I thought it should have made at least some SOTP difference.

TooManyFords
06-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I think the Naz intakes are smoke and mirrors. The HP/$ is just too low.

merc
06-28-2009, 11:29 AM

:) I thought I was the only one.

Joe Walsh
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah, im not fully blaming the intake, i think its something in the tune

Yep!

You are going to have to rev it a lot higher to take advantage of the intake's high rpm flow.

Blackmobile
06-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Nope, You're not alone.

FordNut
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Maybe not S&M, but for sure the HP/$ is way too low.

No, but when we mentioned it there was such an uproar we just shutup and egged on the NA believers to prove us wrong.

Yep!

You are going to have to rev it a lot higher to take advantage of the intake's high rpm flow.

And it'll take cams to do that, especially NA. Now with a centrifugal blower it would probably be much more beneficial. Once these NA guys either go with a Trilogy and sell their used lower or they decide to go with a centrifugal blower we'll see.

Glenn
06-28-2009, 02:28 PM
So, am I now vindicated for taking the heat on the cost vs performance of this IT.

sd8683
06-28-2009, 02:44 PM
So, am I now vindicated for taking the heat on the cost vs performance of this IT.

Not yet Glenn :mad: Let the guy get the car tuned properly and the rest of his parts installed before you start patting yourself on the back.:shake:

FordNut
06-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Not yet.

Not yet Glenn :mad: Let the guy get the car tuned properly and the rest of his parts installed before you start patting yourself on the back.:shake:

That's right. These guys still need to spend a whole lot more money & time first.

Blackened300a
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
These guys still need to spend a whole lot more money & time first.

I spent the money and waited for some time but still no intake in my mailbox yet.

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 03:16 PM
no one but my self buys the stuff for my car therefore no one has the right to tell me what to do with it or when.

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I spent the money and waited for some time but still no intake in my mailbox yet.

wow..... naz got mine out mostly on time.

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 03:18 PM
no one but my self buys the stuff for my car therefore no one has the right to tell me what to do with it or when.

Amen.

Skinny white brother!

How are the brakes now?

O's Fan Rich
06-28-2009, 03:19 PM
wow..... naz got mine out mostly on time.

He's a Reservist iirc... maybe he's got his 2 weeks....??

ImpalaSlayer
06-28-2009, 03:20 PM
brakes are good since my roadside fix. still wana pull it off and get a better fix on it though.

ctrlraven
06-28-2009, 04:09 PM
4.10s will in this week or next, then give a little time to break them in before heading to the track

O's Fan Rich
06-29-2009, 08:25 AM
4.10s will in this week or next, then give a little time to break them in before heading to the track

Excellent!

:burnout:

ctrlraven
06-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Excellent!

:burnout:
Yeah I'm excited. Even though I know I won't hit 12's but 13.72 on a 3.90 effective rear gear with 3.55 gears on drag radials. Once the 4.10s go in it will be a 4.04 effective rear gear on street tires and 4.43 effective rear gear on drag radials. 4.43 has to be good enough for a .2-3 second drop I hope or better. Either way it will be enough to surpass Blackened300a's current best time of 13.63 on street tires. When I go to the track I'll do two runs on street tires and then 2 runs on drag radials to compare the difference.

DOOM
06-29-2009, 11:22 AM
When are we going to the track birdman???

1sexyleo
06-29-2009, 11:37 AM

i'm almost there!!! i have 6 tenths to go...:D

with my spacers, the new engine torque link kit that just came out, slicks, reflash and tune....doom will go down!!! lol

Egon Spengler
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Gunna keep my mouth shut on this one!!!

....doom will go down!!! lol

1sexyleo
06-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Gunna keep my mouth shut on this one!!!

lmao....y is that...im not scared of him!!!!

DOOM
06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Come get some little girl. :shot:

PantherP71
06-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Come get some little girl.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f323/IronMic51/051107_chris_hanson.jpg

1sexyleo
06-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Come get some little girl. :shot:

and u gonna stop calling me little girl....you old man!!! http://smiliesftw.com/x/WARTEN.gif

FormulaMarauder
06-29-2009, 01:43 PM
:confused: I thought that this was a Marauder race to the 12's? Who invited the Maxipad? :confused:

Blackened300a
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Either way it will be enough to surpass Blackened300a's current best time of 13.63 on street tires. When I go to the track I'll do two runs on street tires and then 2 runs on drag radials to compare the difference.

Good luck but I think the heat is going to help me stay above you on the timeslip page. :D

I hope to make a few runs with my intake installed with some smaller tires. Headers, full exhaust, and a new tune are also on the agenda for my end of the year shoot for 12's run.

FormulaMarauder
06-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Either way it will be enough to surpass Blackened300a's current best time of 13.63 on street tires.

Mine went 13.61 if you recall. My mirrors werent folded, headlight in place, my spare was in and interior complete. Here was my recipe....

Stock BFG's.
Kook's headers, X-Pipe, Magnaflows, JLT CAI, FMS 4.10's, Xcal, with a JandM Motorsports tune. Simple. Throw some UD pulleys, higher stall TC, some sticky shoes, Naz Intake :confused:. SHOULD get you there.
Good luck.

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Looking forward to cooler weather this Fall.
Good luck guys!
Keep us posted on any gains from the NAZ intakes...I want to see what that intake can do with a proper tune and some serious rpm!

merc
06-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Looking forward to cooler weather this Fall.
Good luck guys!
Keep us posted on any gains from the NAZ intakes...I want to see what that intake can do with a proper tune and some serious rpm!

What are you smoking Joe " A proper tune for a intake". Am I reading this wrong?, please explain. :D

ctrlraven
06-29-2009, 03:28 PM
When are we going to the track birdman???
Don't know, have to wait to get the 4.10s in, break them in and then hit up 75 & 80.

i'm almost there!!! i have 6 tenths to go...:D

with my spacers, the new engine torque link kit that just came out, slicks, reflash and tune....doom will go down!!! lol
Please resize the picture in your signature, it's huge!

Here ya go
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4955/45749113538233251371733.jpg

Good luck but I think the heat is going to help me stay above you on the timeslip page. :D

I hope to make a few runs with my intake installed with some smaller tires. Headers, full exhaust, and a new tune are also on the agenda for my end of the year shoot for 12's run.You keep thinking that heat is going to do something lol. I only need to make two runs once when I get to the track, cool down for a few hrs then run again.

Mine went 13.61 if you recall. My mirrors werent folded, headlight in place, my spare was in and interior complete. Here was my recipe....

Stock BFG's.
Kook's headers, X-Pipe, Magnaflows, JLT CAI, FMS 4.10's, Xcal, with a JandM Motorsports tune. Simple. Throw some UD pulleys, higher stall TC, some sticky shoes, Naz Intake :confused:. SHOULD get you there.
Good luck.
Already have 3500 stall, that's one main reason I went 13.72 on 3.55 stock gears. As Zack has said I'm one of the fastest for the minimal number of mods I have. I know ImpalaSlayer is jealous of my factory freak lol j/k ;)

Joe Walsh
06-29-2009, 03:36 PM
What are you smoking Joe " A proper tune for a intake". Am I reading this wrong?, please explain. :D

You will need a lot more rpm than the factory 5800-6000 shift points to take full advantage of the NAZ intake's high rpm breathing capacity.
If you don't wind 'er up to some serious rpms, then you just wasted a lot of money on the intake....and probably degraded your low rpm street manners to some extent.

Blackened300a
06-29-2009, 04:00 PM
You keep thinking that heat is going to do something lol. I only need to make two runs once when I get to the track, cool down for a few hrs then run again.
Good luck sir, I want video!

Already have 3500 stall, that's one main reason I went 13.72 on 3.55 stock gears. As Zack has said I'm one of the fastest for the minimal number of mods I have. I know ImpalaSlayer is jealous of my factory freak lol j/k ;)

Run it on street tires and lets see what you got. :D

Glenn
06-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Well, 6 months later and alot of abusive comments about my position on the new IT and breaking NA 12's, I believe I am in an even stronger position to say - It just ain't gonna happen - period!

See you at SSHS9

94_302
06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
If anyone reads the Mach 1 boards you would see that the intakes do provide a decent gain. Given it is in the higher rpm range which is more ideal for the 5 spd Mach motor than the Auto Mach motor that we have but there is still a gain. Those that benefit the most seem to have full exhaust (Long tubes, not cobra manifolds)

I believe that 12's n/a are very possible but it's easier to just toss a blower on and call it a day which is why we do not see many.

All those shooting for 12's keep it up!!

ctrlraven
06-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Well, 6 months later and alot of abusive comments about my position on the new IT and breaking NA 12's, I believe I am in an even stronger position to say - It just ain't gonna happen - period!

See you at SSHS9

Noted, so we shouldn't see anymore of your post about it then.

Paul T. Casey
06-30-2009, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Joe Walsh;777450]
If you don't wind 'er up to some serious rpms, then you just wasted a lot of money on the intake....QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Going to have to increase the testicle size of the owner to show a whole bunch of red on the left side of the tach needle. What do you think the stock cams will handle prior to too much power loss? 7500? 8000? Forget the lower end. You'll find out pretty quick that most of them are pretty tough and pretty balanced right from the factory.

Glenn
06-30-2009, 06:19 PM
You will not get much above 6,500 with 4:10s in the quarter. If you are NA and have the IT and have 4:10s you better go to 4:30s or even 4:56 and hold your b***s as you dig deep into the red zone as you cross the white line. Good Luck.

Joe Walsh
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
That was my concern from the 'get-go'...aren't you running out of cam just as the intake starts to make it's big power?
Now if you changed the cams to something that like to really rev high...then you are matching the components to their intended use.
Only problem is you now have a peaky, high rpm engine in an heavy automatic trans. sedan and you've violated the rules of the 12 second N/A Marauder.

FordNut
06-30-2009, 07:17 PM
That was my concern from the 'get-go'...aren't you running out of cam just as the intake starts to make it's big power?
Now if you changed the cams to something that like to really rev high...then you are matching the components to their intended use.
Only problem is you now have a peaky, high rpm engine in an heavy automatic trans. sedan and you've violated the rules of the 12 second N/A Marauder.

What he said ^^^

babbage
06-30-2009, 07:36 PM

See you at SSHS9

Big deal I say -- anyone can draw lines in the sand. It's really easy to make such statements.

I'll pay the first one with a Triliogy setup to break into the 9's $100 - Oooo! What now Glen?

:eek:

Glenn
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Come to SSHS9 and bring your money! You may be shocked!

Also, I responded to the thread on NA 12s - I didn't start it. There is a difference.

I'll have my money ready at SSHS9 just in case someone spends $10,000 to win my $100.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Bradley G
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Meaning, you may likely pay Glen the 100 , those CAM guys are :loco:

Big deal I say -- anyone can draw lines in the sand. It's really easy to make such statements.

I'll pay the first one with a Triliogy setup to break into the 9's $100 - Oooo! What now Glen?

O's Fan Rich
07-01-2009, 03:36 AM

Sherman......

babbage
07-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Sherman......

No bottle. :beer:

O's Fan Rich
07-01-2009, 05:19 AM
No bottle. :beer:

Changing the rules already, eh?.........:D

babbage
07-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Changing the rules already, eh?.........:D

Nope, I said Trilogy setup. This means, no bottle, no turbo or other power adder. :burnout:

Glenn
07-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Bring your $100, I'll have mine.

Glenn Ford :beer:

babbage
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Bring your $100, I'll have mine.

Glenn Ford :beer:

Better get that cage welded into your interior first. :beatnik::D

SSH09 Rules:

4.Roll Bar All cars running 11.49 or quicker must be equipped with a roll bar conforming to NHRA general regulations.

5.Roll Cage All cars running 10.99 or quicker must be equipped with a roll cage conforming to NHRA general regulations.

Blackmobile
07-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Better get that cage welded into your interior first. :beatnik::D

SSH09 Rules:

That rule won't be enforced until you've surpassed those times, Meaning, he can get away with doing it once before they fall upon those rules. ;)

GAMike
07-02-2009, 05:12 AM
While I would love to see a Marauder break into the 12's N/A, and most certainly admire the efforts of those who are trying. I just don't see the value of pushing a vehicle so close to mechanical breakdown, just to do it.

Having bragging rights is not alone worth the risk. But then I don't have the deep pockets of some here who can take a Marauder and turn it into a rolling laboratory.

The reasons why most racers keep a car N/A is to keep costs in line, and because they tend to be easier to work on and more reliable yes?

If you are spending an ungodly amount on a build that shrinks the reliability window, and does not offer Torque increases necessary to propel the car through a 60ft. space while providing revs & HP on the top end, why not like others here have said, save the headache, and go S/C?

Someone may eventually get to the 12's, but the car is gonna be so brittle, that if it's look at funny something will break on it. Not worth the expense+ the expense to fix when it grenades. JMHO.

Glenn I think your $100 is safe.

Ok.... Off the soapbox.

Good luck to all.:burnout:

O's Fan Rich
07-02-2009, 05:36 AM
While I would love to see a Marauder break into the 12's N/A, and most certainly admire the efforts of those who are trying. I just don't see the value of pushing a vehicle so close to mechanical breakdown, just to do it.

Someone may eventually get to the 12's, but the car is gonna be so brittle, that if it's look at funny something will break on it. Not worth the expense+ the expense to fix when it grenades. JMHO.

Glenn I think your $100 is safe.

Ok.... Off the soapbox.

Good luck to all.:burnout:

Hey Mike... you bringing that SB back to Michigan for a visit next month?

GAMike
07-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey Mike... you bringing that SB back to Michigan for a visit next month?
Barganing with my wife as we speak........... Not lookin good tho. She's still P/O's at me for goin up there to get it in the first place:D. I love her but boy she has a memory:argue::lol:

Pops
07-02-2009, 06:18 AM
Barganing with my wife as we speak........... Not lookin good tho. She's still P/O's at me for goin up there to get it in the first place:D. I love her but boy she has a memory:argue::lol:

Still upset over the but now pay later plan Mike!:D

O's Fan Rich
07-02-2009, 06:54 AM

Tell her I'm willing to give her an autographed picture of myself for her nightstand!

She'll appreciate you a lot more every time she sees it!!

GAMike
07-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Tell her I'm willing to give her an autographed picture of myself for her nightstand!

She'll appreciate you a lot more every time she sees it!!

Classic Rich:banana2: Almost drowned in my cup of coffee when I read that:lol:

FormulaMarauder
07-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I just don't see the value of pushing a vehicle so close to mechanical breakdown, just to do it.

You certainly don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't think there is ANYTHING someone can do to our NA motor with the rules in place that will make an engine vulnerable to destruction. A blower is far more vulnerable to destruction when it comes down to faster times, and added mods.

My car went 13.613 NA with a ridiculously small amount of mods, and the video and witnesses there to prove it. Trust me, my car was running much more "reliable" without boost running through it. That was my FIRST time ever racing my MM.

How many NA cars blow up racing? How many blown cars? Thanks, answered my own question.

If I added the NAZ intake, higher stall, drag radials, UD pulleys, intake spacer, and a couple of other do-dads, I probably would of hit 12.9-12.8. I always wanted to get into the 11's and a blower came at a great price i couldnt pass up. It can be done, it will be done.

O's Fan Rich
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Nope, I said Trilogy setup. This means, no bottle, no turbo or other power adder. :burnout:

Where is the "First to the 9's" poll/thread?

Did that get deleted?

GAMike
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
You certainly don't have a clue what you are talking about. I don't think there is ANYTHING someone can do to our NA motor with the rules in place that will make an engine vulnerable to destruction. A blower is far more vulnerable to destruction when it comes down to faster times, and added mods.

My car went 13.613 NA with a ridiculously small amount of mods, and the video and witnesses there to prove it. Trust me, my car was running much more "reliable" without boost running through it. That was my FIRST time ever racing my MM.

How many NA cars blow up racing? How many blown cars? Thanks, answered my own question.

If I added the NAZ intake, higher stall, drag radials, UD pulleys, intake spacer, and a couple of other do-dads, I probably would of hit 12.9-12.8. I always wanted to get into the 11's and a blower came at a great price i couldnt pass up. It can be done, it will be done.

I may not be as knowledgable as some here I will grant you that, but but to quote Jay Z "I know a little bit".

Most, if not all of the supercharged Marauders that have blew their engines were way beyond the bolt on a supercharger and go stage. 450+RWHP if I'm not mistaken.

There are countless Supercharged Marauders that get beat on time and again with little to no repercussion. If you build an N/A 4.6 motor that yields RWHP comparable to a basic supercharged Supercharged Marauder (one with an S/C and a tune only), and its driven with any kind of vigor, you are flirting with blowing the engine INMHO. And you will spend much money in parts tuning and labor to do it.

Me? I would rather drive........... Love for you to come see what I'm talking about @ SSHS9:burnout: Or if I drive up to MA/CT where I'm from. We could compare notes or sumthin:D

FormulaMarauder
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Mike, you can compare notes all day long. Look at my times NA. That was with Kook's full lengths, X-pipe, 4.10's, JLT CAI, Magnaflows, bald tires, mid-aggresive tune, full interior, and 88% humidity. If I went to 16" steelies (making my rear a 4.30), Torque convertor, UD pulleys, Mez pump, intake spacer,and NAZ intake,- you bet your ass it would have gone high 12's. I could also guarantee you this, the plugs, gaskets, tranny, and rear would be in much better shape than a blown car making the same times and power.
I'm contemplating SSHS9, first round of beers are on me. :beer: Cheers.

FordNut
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Mike, you can compare notes all day long. Look at my times NA. That was with Kook's full lengths, X-pipe, 4.10's, JLT CAI, Magnaflows, bald tires, mid-aggresive tune, full interior, and 88% humidity. If I went to 16" steelies (making my rear a 4.30), Torque convertor, UD pulleys, Mez pump, intake spacer,and NAZ intake,- you bet your ass it would have gone high 12's. I could also guarantee you this, the plugs, gaskets, tranny, and rear would be in much better shape than a blown car making the same times and power.
I disagree. IF is a great big word. The whole point of the 12's NA challenge was to put the IF question to rest.

GAMike
07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I will take you up on that:beer:
I will also end by saying that while going from stock to a mid 13 sec. N/A Marauder is a fairly easy thing to do pocketbook depending. Going from a mid 13 second Marauder to sub 13, will probably cost at least as much as getting to the mid 13's from stock (after labor, re-tunes, and parts). And that is without knowing that you will actually break 13 sec. Tenths cost at this level of performance, more than going from 15's.

By then a supercharger looks like a bargain. If you have it installed by folks that know what they are doing, you have a pretty good chance of running trouble free. I grant you I don't know all that much about S & T Trim Blowers. I do see alot of Trilogy Blowers on cars that are daily drivers with a ton of miles on them. this tells me that lifespan is not an issue to be concerned with if the unit is installed properly, and proper care is taken. The Trilogy I now own runs a 3.0 pulley, K&N CAI, Lidio Tune, with Flowmasters 4.10's and widend rims. I have full confidence I will see 150k on the odo without too much trouble.

Guys like Merc, LillAlleyKatt, O's Fan Rich Tom A. (Down in FL) are not who I'm talking about either. Those cars are "built". The margin for error in those Marauders is way less than in cars with bolt ons only. I would venture that the Trilogy set up I have is at least as reliable as the N/A's with all the bolt on's, if not more. I have no proof, but its what I think.

Good luck whichever way. I do like difference. But 12's N/A with a 4.6 in a Marauder? Can't see it.

Pops
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I tried with the GM and a Marauder 4 valve aand at 13.5 it was hitting a brick wall. I also had everything you guys are talking about except for Nazs intake. I used someone elses. The only chance I see is November and be at sea level.

ctrlraven
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I tried with the GM and a Marauder 4 valve aand at 13.5 it was hitting a brick wall. I also had everything you guys are talking about except for Nazs intake. I used someone elses. The only chance I see is November and be at sea level.
Getting my 4.10s installed is like hitting a brick wall lol, ordered a new FRPP diff for when the gears get installed soon. I'm only 2 tenths behind that time Pops and still have 4.10s, full exhaust (headers, mid pipe, tail pipe), water pump, UD pulleys, naz intake, race tune and whatever else is left.

Blackened300a
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm only 2 tenths behind that time Pops.

To make things even more impressive is that Pops was running 13.5 in soupy 100 degree weather at MV-V. I was running consistant 14.3s in that air.

Blackmobile
07-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I thought everybody ran their MM's in that kind of Temp.:dunno:

Glenn
07-02-2009, 03:23 PM
So now we have to wait until SSHS9 ------------- :sleepy:

Raven: So ALL you need is $4,000 to complete your mods and your ready for the 12s! By the time you are done you could have bought a SC.

Glenn

ctrlraven
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
To make things even more impressive is that Pops was running 13.5 in soupy 100 degree weather at MV-V. I was running consistant 14.3s in that air.Yeah lucky you didn't have a DR tune, once Zack fixed it I was running 14.19.

So now we have to wait until SSHS9 ------------- :sleepy:

Raven: So ALL you need is $4,000 to complete your mods and your ready for the 12s! By the time you are done you could have bought a SC.

GlennAll that stuff would be the same things a SC car would have on it MINUS the UD pulleys. Like I've said a while ago I am doing my mods in stages and seeing where it puts me. If it puts me in the 12's great, if not oh well. I don't want a SC on my car anytime soon. I'd rather use that SC money to build a nice motor for when my stock one needs to be replaced.

ImpalaSlayer
07-02-2009, 08:36 PM
header install is underway. what a pita!

Blackened300a
07-03-2009, 04:16 AM

I think when I decide to take the plunge, Im just heading over to Kooks with my credit card and just pick up the car when its done. I'll end up having to bring it to a exhaust shop to finish the rest of the pipes anyway.

babbage
07-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Stainless works??

ImpalaSlayer
07-04-2009, 05:19 PM
KOOKs

RR|Suki
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Bump... it's almost November, anyone still in this race?:confused:

ImpalaSlayer
10-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Bump... it's almost October, anyone still in this race?:confused:

ill be in the 12s for sure n/a ftl, but good luck guys!

LANDY
10-12-2009, 08:22 PM
for now i only see blackened300a really close to that in good air. still have faith

Spectragod
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
ill be in the 12s for sure n/a ftl, but good luck guys!

Yeah, but your cold air kit is to die for....:D :D :D

Vortech347
10-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Installing FR500 cams in our 01' this winter. If I like em, they may go in the MM.

ctrlraven
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I just got my soon to be ex wife's 05 Grand Prix so I'll be driving that daily now and will be saving a lot of money which will be going right into the Marauder lol.

DOOM
10-15-2009, 10:05 AM
I just got my soon to be ex wife's 05 Grand Prix so I'll be driving that daily now and will be saving a lot of money which will be going right into the Marauder lol.

I'm not even gonna ask. :lol:

sd8683
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I have all the necessary parts to do it, but don't have the time or money to have them installed :(
So hopefully an early spring 12 second run for me.

RR|Suki
10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I have all the necessary parts to do it, but don't have the time or money to have them installed :(

Don't put those flows on if you wanna squeeze all the power possible outta the car :D

ctrlraven
10-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Don't put those flows on if you wanna squeeze all the power possible outta the car :D
I was going to say the same thing, though I did pretty well with mine but I know my Aero Turbines flow so much better.

ImpalaSlayer
10-15-2009, 12:43 PM

drive down here and ill do it all for you.

FordNut
10-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Git-R-Done!

Rocknthehawk
10-20-2009, 08:34 PM

Have Mike do it....he knows how to run 12's :P

sd8683
10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Have Mike do it....he knows how to run 12's :P

Not true, I would have to have an 11 second NA Marauder for him to run 12's :D

breeze
12-14-2012, 10:47 PM
To be continued...

SC Cheesehead
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
To be continued...

I'm eagerly waiting to see 03mmmonroe's car run after coming out of it's winter shop upgrades; we may have a contender here...

justbob
12-15-2012, 12:12 AM
And another year goes by. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

na svt
12-17-2012, 02:30 PM
What's the quickest n/a, stock longblock pass known to man?

Blackmobile
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Timeslip page and sort by NA only.

RacerX
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
What's the quickest n/a, stock longblock pass know to man?
Joe Walsh... 12.919@103.83

breeze
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Think Russ with his 13.4 if the 13.1 Maryland did but has water injection if that disqualifies him.

ctrlraven
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Joe Walsh... 12.919@103.83
His motor is a bored 5.0.

IwantmyMMnow!
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Over 9,000? :dunno:

Joe Walsh
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
His motor is a bored 5.0.

Yep.....mine is 304.7 CID now.

Barry/Cruztaker ran a 13.27 (IIRC) at Mason Dixon with an OEM 4.6L engine with lots of bolt ons.

na svt
12-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Damn heavy cars.

Blackened300a
12-20-2012, 12:58 AM
My attempts to run this year were shot because of the hurricane. I hope to run this spring armed with a repaired short runner intake, 17" drag radials, 4.30 gears and a tank of 100 octane with race gas tune installed. Time to work my up on the timeslips page. ;)

ctrlraven
12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
My attempts to run this year were shot because of the hurricane. I hope to run this spring armed with a repaired short runner intake, 17" drag radials, 4.30 gears and a tank of 100 octane with race gas tune installed. Time to work my up on the timeslips page. ;)
Good luck, I hope you move a good bit up the page so it gives more of a challenge to try and beat you again. lol

My plans are 5.1 BB high compression, cobra intake cams (thanks again), slight head work with all new valvetrain parts, 39 lb injectors and GT fuel pump. Will probably dyno tune in spring after the build and then wait until the fall to run, which will give me more time and funds to get a new converter from Circle D and MAYBE get some SW headers.

I would like to run a few times just to get a baseline before a new converter and headers.

Blackened300a
12-20-2012, 09:11 AM
39 lb injectors and GT fuel pump.

Think they are really necessary for a NA car?

Joe Walsh
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Think they are really necessary for a NA car?

My OEM fuel pump/injectors are maxxed out and I cannot run over @ 6100 rpm as the duty cycle is 100%.....according to the guy who did the last dyno tune.

ctrlraven
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Think they are really necessary for a NA car?I've been told it's just a wise choice to go ahead and do, especially if the possible chance of an eaton swap kit could be done down the road.

I'd rather have my fuel injectors running at a lower duty cycle for this new build than my stock (200k miles will be had by spring time) injectors running close to max. I already have 39lb injectors, all I need is a GT fuel pump, mafia unit for the maf and I'm set. The car will require a dyno tune after the build anyways, rather be safe and know it will be getting plenty of fuel if it needs it.

breeze
12-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Dyno tune scheduled for January 7th @ WMS, see what this little 4.6 can finally squeeze out.

ctrlraven
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Dyno tune scheduled for January 7th @ WMS, see what this little 4.6 can finally squeeze out.
Are you just getting a dyno tune or a dyno drive-ability tune? How much is JJ charging?

breeze
12-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Are you just getting a dyno tune or a dyno drive-ability tune? How much is JJ charging?

Dyno tune. I like the way it drives. Drive ability tune does what, give you parameters thatvhe can fix on dyno? $135 hr take 2-3 hrs he said.

ctrlraven
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Dyno tune. I like the way it drives. Drive ability tune does what, give you parameters thatvhe can fix on dyno? $135 hr take 2-3 hrs he said.
Drive ability tune would be leaving the car with him for a day or so and he will take it out driving and tune it for transmission shift schedule and torque converter lock up schedule.

breeze
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Drive ability tune would be leaving the car with him for a day or so and he will take it out driving and tune it for transmission shift schedule and torque converter lock up schedule.

Nah I'm good with zachs

CameronVic
12-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Stock longblock with some cams, and other bolt ons. All motor 2V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9OAANUVB6w

ctrlraven
12-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Stock longblock with some cams, and other bolt ons. All motor 2V.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9OAANUVB6w
I didn't know the 2v had more than one cam. :lol:

CameronVic
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Well it's and OHC motor, and there's two heads... Here's your sign.