PDA

View Full Version : Does Vortech CARB approved SC for California?

dohc324ci
06-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Can someone smarter than me help me understand.....it seems like it to me:lol:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php

I see that the Marauder is listed as being approved for the Vortech Supercharger...right or....am i missing something. I have an email out to the person that processes the application for aftermarket parts.

Vortech Executive Order Numbers:

D-213-20
D-213-24
D-213-25

FordNut
06-30-2009, 05:22 AM
It looks that way to me. Good find.

GordonB
06-30-2009, 05:46 AM
That's the way it looks to me as well after wading thru the ARB pdf listing.
I had heard a while back from Trilogy that they (Jerry Barnes) would NOT be spending the exorbitant $$$s to get their system qualified fof the Peoples Republic of Cali. Sorry, I have never had ANY regard (much less high!) for the CARB police!

Might want to send a note to Trilogy and ask if they did/did not do it. FWIW. just as a second option.

GordonB

FordNut
06-30-2009, 07:01 AM
I bet they (CARB) lumped the Marauder in with the CV, GM not knowing that the engine is different. If you order the kit with the approved part number it won't fit. But you will have the paperwork with the part number & CARB EO on it. Then get the parts to make it fit the Marauder separately. Bracket, intercooler, pipes, tune.

jdenning002
06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
I have a novi kit that Dennis Reinhart installed, I just moved to CA and all I had to do was call Paxton/ Vortech and the mailed me the sticker. I just passed the smog test Sunday and got my plates yesterday.

At first Paxton said I was S-O-L... But I checked the CARB website and found the EO that read "1997-2008 model year Ford vehicles" EO: D-195-22

dohc324ci
06-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I have a novi kit that Dennis Reinhart installed, I just moved to CA and all I had to do was call Paxton/ Vortech and the mailed me the sticker. I just passed the smog test Sunday and got my plates yesterday.

At first Paxton said I was S-O-L... But I checked the CARB website and found the EO that read "1997-2008 model year Ford vehicles" EO: D-195-22

Thanks Jd...I am going to compile the list for CARB approved SC for Cali. Vortech is coming out with a Twin Screw (same as the Trilogy). On Vortech's website they stated they will be 50 state legal. I wonder if Jerry would package Vortech's blower in his kit to get the CARB EO?

dohc324ci
06-30-2009, 10:15 AM

So is the Paxton a different Blower than the Vortech or?? I Paxton using a re-labled Vortech Blower?

Dennis Reinhart
07-09-2009, 03:39 PM
So is the Paxton a different Blower than the Vortech or?? I Paxton using a re-labled Vortech Blower?

No Paxton and Vortech is the same internals

dohc324ci
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I bet they (CARB) lumped the Marauder in with the CV, GM not knowing that the engine is different. If you order the kit with the approved part number it won't fit. But you will have the paperwork with the part number & CARB EO on it. Then get the parts to make it fit the Marauder separately. Bracket, intercooler, pipes, tune.

Yeah, thats what they did, the part number they referenced is for a CV/GM it is a V2 S-Trim. The nice thing is on the EO they also included the latest generation V(x) series and (x)Trim. I just dont know which one would work in the Marauder.

jdenning002
07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I think it all comes down to the shop doing the smog test, some are anal, and some are cool...

I don't mean try to get over on them, its just that some guys will let you slide...

Technically, the MM is not under that number, but is does cover the Mercury GM...

Dennis Reinhart
07-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I think it all comes down to the shop doing the smog test, some are anal, and some are cool...

I don't mean try to get over on them, its just that some guys will let you slide...

Technically, the MM is not under that number, but is does cover the Mercury GM...

And this is the main issue, can you find a shop willing to install a Vortech kit on a Marauder and possibly face tens of thousands in fines, this would be great if it is true, but then again Vortech is not aware of it, but kudos for digging into this, and I am glad John got the car to pass.