PDA

View Full Version : Byron, IL Last Saturday

SSparky
10-13-2003, 05:57 AM
It was was a shame that so few of the MM guys showed up at Byron Saturday.

The weather was nice and it was my pleasure to meet Mad Man and ??? from South Elgin. I apologize for forgetting your name.

Mad Man , I'm glad you felt welcome and I'm glad the smack was kept to a minimum. Some folks just take the Chevy/Ford stuff a little too seriously.

Both MM's were stock and ran respectable 14.8's to 15.2's. Congrats. As for the SS/Caprice side, you had the range from mid 12's to high 15's. Since the 2nd MM showed up later in the day, we ran bracket racing so everyone had a shot at being top dog. Mad Man rightfully took home the Ford trophy (I still want to see a picture in your sig).

I hope you guys had fun and it looks like that is it for the season (for me at least). I hope more of you are willing to show up and have some fun at the track next year. Remember they're cars, they're made to be driven.

Later,

Paul O.

MMM2003
10-13-2003, 06:16 AM
Yup, I know I indicated interest initially. Just didn't work out this weekend. I did show for the meet in May '03 and had a great time. I'll be there some other time. Sure would have liked to challenge MadMan for that trophy. Looks like he improved a lot from May. If I remember correctly, he run mid 15's there.

My apologies to all. I'm sure we will have a stronger showing next time. Glad to hear everyone had a good time!

Thanks MadMan to represent the MM crew.

mad man
10-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Will be glad to run with you guys and gals again and yes the car has dropped 6 tens since may. it had 900miles in may it now has 4300.I guess braking it in helps. And Jerry telling me to use a better brand of gas does not hurt .Lets try again next spring .I hope i will not still be stock by then. Still restoring 1973 buick boatail. And just can't part with the Harley:D

Long Live #3
10-13-2003, 04:41 PM
I know the feeling mad, I know the feeling.