PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Marauder

jdando
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
I have been way too busy lately; not much time for photography or taking care of the Marauder. Since I had the day off I got up early and got a picture I have been thinking about for two months.

Downtown Minneapolis, from Broadway Ave. bridge.
http://jeremyd.smugmug.com/photos/580885040_SeXJy-XL.jpg

On the way home I found this "interesting" building and thought it would look good as a background for the Marauder.
http://jeremyd.smugmug.com/photos/580885087_ujkuk-XL.jpg

Not sure if I like the graffiti picture or not.:help: I am thinking I should have shot it from a lower angle.

Mac-MerC
07-03-2009, 08:06 AM
nice pictures. love the car
looks just like mine with the bugs specs on the bumper

TiTo35
07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I like the pics...I thought black and white would look better with a black Marauder.
Hope you dont mind.

http://smoke3500.homestead.com/files/Murcy/MNmmbw.jpg

NOMARQUIS
07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Cool pics... Is the IDS building still one of those tall buildings? When my folks lived in Minneapolis, the "Foshay"(sp) tower was the tallest. Times have changed...

SMOKE
07-03-2009, 09:02 AM
hey, hEY, HEY! :eek:

The Marauder-in-front-of-graffiti-wall thing is the sole intellectual concept of Blackened300a, (C) 2008, All Rights Reserved, any use or interpretation of the Marauder in front of graffiti wall will be considered not original but a nice compliment nonetheless....:D

Think of it this way....sell photo number one to the Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce or the government of the great state of Minnesota and get your money back on royalties! That sucker is phenomenal!!!!!

Best,
J

oldekid
07-03-2009, 10:06 AM
That's a very nice landscape Jeremy.

I also like the Marauder shot, but I think I would clone out some bugs. :)

ImpalaSlayer
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
something about the pic infront of the wall looks off, an angle or something. eitherway both better then i can do! :up:

jdando
07-04-2009, 06:35 AM
nice pictures. love the car
looks just like mine with the bugs specs on the bumper
Thanks, about the bugs, I told you I have been way too busy to keep the car clean:o

I like the pics...I thought black and white would look better with a black Marauder.
Hope you dont mind.

Nice edit Tito, I did like the color version. Perhaps if you made the black and white version a little grittier/noisier?

Cool pics... Is the IDS building still one of those tall buildings? When my folks lived in Minneapolis, the "Foshay"(sp) tower was the tallest. Times have changed...
Yep, the IDS is still one of the tallest buildings west of the Mississippi. It is the glass building in the center. On the left we have the US Bank building and on the right we have the Norwest/Wells Fargo building. Both of them were built just a hair shorter than the IDS. The Foshay tower is not visible in this shot, I believe it has an observation deck that is still open! When I get a shot from the south of the city it will be there!

hey, hEY, HEY! :eek:

The Marauder-in-front-of-graffiti-wall thing is the sole intellectual concept of Blackened300a, (C) 2008, All Rights Reserved, any use or interpretation of the Marauder in front of graffiti wall will be considered not original but a nice compliment nonetheless....:D

Think of it this way....sell photo number one to the Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce or the government of the great state of Minnesota and get your money back on royalties! That sucker is phenomenal!!!!!

Best,
J
Yo, yo, yo, I was rolling with my homies and had to shot the tagging:confused: Or whatever people say these days! Thanks.

Thanks John! I have not shot a lot of landscapes. Not sure if they appeal to me. You find interesting things when you shoot landscape, such as sensor dust:( Not only to I have to clean the bugs of the Marauder, I have to clean the dust godzillas of my sensor.

something about the pic infront of the wall looks off, an angle or something. eitherway both better then i can do! :up:

Interesting, any chance you can be more specific? When I re-shoot it, I will probably shoot it with the camera lower, could that be it? Also I used a small F-stop, giving it a huge depth of field. I tried to get both the car and the wall in focus.

Stay tuned for more pictures. I am enjoying my vacation time!

CRUZTAKER
07-04-2009, 06:39 AM

Are you suggesting .... photo....gulp...shop... lol!

CRUZTAKER
07-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Great stuff Jeremy!

The landscape is awesome as well.
You may enjoy a split ND filter on shot like those to make the sky pop if you, like I, do not enjoy post image processing with software.

As far as the grafitti image, I like those, and those that came before.
I cannot view your exif info, so I am not sure what focal lengths you were using. The colors pop nicely, but I have a hunch that had you shot closer to 60-80mm it would have appeared more realistic size to print wise.

If I ever have the opportunity to find such a wall, I would definately use my 50mm f2.8
On my APS-C it would yield a nearly very realistic 70mm view.

Good stuff!

oldekid
07-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Are you suggesting .... photo....gulp...shop... lol!Yep, the easiest bug removal that I'm aware of. :)

justbob
07-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Those shots really make me hate my camera! Very nice.

TAKEDOWN
07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Great pics on both Jdando. I like the reflection of the city. On the second picture, I like the colors/background, and in my opinion it brings out the MARAUDER.

Mac-MerC
07-04-2009, 10:53 PM
dont b ashamed of your bugged up bumper... it shows that u actually drive the vehicle and not let it sit 8 months out the year.. like some
think of them as badges of honor