PDA

View Full Version : SSHS9 Flyer

Glenn
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I have some time on my hands this weekend (raining today) and put together an unoffical SSHS9 flyer to spread the word around on this great event. This is basically taken off the SSHS9 site without anyone's official approval - hopefully everyone is OK with it - if not tell me. I can send a much better version by email in Word format or make revisions. The copy version below is not as good as the Word document (the sponser's logo didn't copy for some reason). Send me your email address if interested.

Glenn

SSHS9

Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout
Saturday, November 7, 2009Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, GA –

This is the annual premier event for mainly heavyweight “Big 3” cars. It will settle on the drag strip which rear wheel drive Mopar, GM, Chevy, Mercury or Ford heavyweight has what it takes to win 4 bracket racing ET classes, and 1 all-out heads up class for the “King of the Hill” award.

This event will match some of the fastest Impalas SS, Caprices, Mark VII and VIII’s, Mercury Marauders, Crown Vics and Chrysler 300C/Dodge Charger R/T & SRT8s on the planet. Also, included is any other heavyweight domestic car or truck weighing in at 4000# or more with driver. That would also make some late model heavyweight pony cars like the Camaro SS, Challenger R/T, and the Shelby Mustang GT 500 eligible to compete if you meet the 4000# with driver weight requirements.

Contestants are competing for SSHS trophy's in their individual ET bracket racing class, that leads into the King of the Hill bracket ET competition where the 4 ET bracket winners race for the King of the Hill trophy. The event wraps up with the Big Dog class finals, and trophy presentations.

There will be a car show showcasing some of the finest customs, classics, hot rods, and late model rides in the south, with trophy awards. Before and between SSHS rounds, the track will also be open for test and tune drag racing all day for rear wheel drive cars and trucks that pay the race admission price and pass tech inspection, so there is something to do for everyone! (Note: This is the last track day open for the season at Atlanta Dragway.)
Gates open at 8:00 am, 9-12:00 Test and Tune, 1-4:00 Bracket Racing, 4:00 pm King of the Hill finals. See www.sshs9.com (http://www.sshs9.com/) for event details/registration and www.atlantadragway.com (http://www.atlantadragway.com) for track info.

Sponsored By:

Hack Goby
07-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I posted an invite over on the Lighting site but have got nothing as far as a response.They would be a good fit.

Motorhead350
07-05-2009, 03:27 PM
What is it to enter? With all the money I saved from everyone off of the site I might be able to make it this year!

GAMike
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey Glenn
I say any PR is better than none at all. To me it looks great, but I'm not the decision maker so my opinion does not count lol.

I have also done some PR work posting over on some of the SRT boards I'm a member of. Gotten a little response, but its early yet.

I figure the earlier we get the word out, the more interest there will be.

On a seperate subject related to SSHS9.......
I know Brian (FordNut) and Steve (Glassman99) are working very hard to make this years event a success. If there are any folks in Marauder land, that can volunteer some time during the event, please post up. We need more involvement(roll up yer sleeves day of the event type help), than there has been in the past, this year.

I know Brian and Steve would appreciate the extra help on Nov. 7th.

Dom- Check www.SSHS9.com (http://www.SSHS9.com) for registration pricing, and hotel info.:burnout:

merc
07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Pam and I hope to make the trip this year. Looking forward to seeing more hemi's.

Donny Carlson
07-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Got an interest from some guy in Kennesaw, GA. We should hit all the MOPAR and GM boards, too, maybe even try to get some Caddie STS-V's out.

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
What is it to enter? With all the money I saved from everyone off of the site I might be able to make it this year!

Dom,

Depending on when you register, $60 - $70 if you race, $10 if you spectate.

Good time, no matter what, I recommend coming if you can make it.

http://www.sshs9.com/

Glenn
07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
PM me your emails so I can send you a nice Word document copy of the flyer to print and hand out at your car parts stores, people, etc.

Glenn

jowhite77
07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I want to register before the Aug 1st deadline at the $60 rate but the registration portion is still not up and running and next week is the last week.

Who can I contact to register?