PDA

View Full Version : New to california

jdenning002
07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Anyone know of a place I can get a tune in the SF area or anywhere close??

I am thinking of going to a smaller pulley on my novi 1200 in the next few months and I think I will need a new tune...

Also, any leads on good spots for parts/ or work around here??

Are there even any Marauders out here? I havent seen one yet and I have been here a month....

I only know of one, BCastro in the East Bay near me....

Thanks!

4rgone
07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Pretty sure we have at least 2 members in the SF area and just a handful more throught out the state, for whatever reason the MM gets no love on this coast, except when people see it.

dohc324ci
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey JD,

I am talking to Keith at www.forcefedperformance.com/ (http://www.forcefedperformance.com/) about a possible built motor/SC combo. Keith the tuner is a dealer for most blowers Paxton/Vortech/ProCharger/Kenne Bell. He is also a SCT dealer as well.

There is also Goodies Speed Shop goodies-speedshop.com out of San Jose. Not much to chose from out here. I am having a helluva time finding a reputable speed shop that is knowledgeable about the Marauder. So far ForceFed is the only one I was able to feel somewhat comfortable speaking to about doing the work on my MM.

lowndex is out of Tracy and a few others as well. Not to many on the westcoast are active here.

69mach1
07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
True enough, not a lot of activity here on the west coast, I'm guessing we're working to hard to stay ahead of the tax man. Heavy weather tax here in Socal. On the other hand you can't beat the weather :-) There's a few active guys in the Orange county/LA area but zippo in San Diego. I've had my 04 Silver birch since 2005 and have only seen a handful of these beauties since :-(
Enjoy Cali ;-)
Talk later,
Jon aka 69mach1 :burnout:

jdenning002
07-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the tips, good luck with the new motor and S/C setup... Let me know which route you go.

I love the novi 1200SL but if I could do it over and get one I would go with the roots style blower.

My buddy has a kenne bell on his mustang, there is nothing better... I would check out their mach1 kit, since you are building/ replacing the motor too.

ctrlraven
07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Can't let anyone know in CAM land that you were leaving? Best of luck to you in CA!

jdenning002
07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks Bro, it was a quick move with short notice...

Thats what I get for working for the Feds...

dohc324ci
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
JD,

I found another speed shop that was referred to me by the guys over at MMR. Check it out, they also have a car show this July 26th. They are in Campbell CA not to far from you.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/news/car-show/index.html

jdenning002
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks!

I spoke with a shop in Sacramento today, Force Fed Performance...
(I think you mentioned them earlier)...

The guy seemed really cool... He has been the only one that is a SCT dealer and can dyno my car and tune it if/ when I am ready...

I called about 6 places, all said they can dyno and tune but not SCT...