PDA

View Full Version : Still on the fence about attending MV7?

MERCMAN
07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have confirmed a "special guest" judge for the car show. He is a legend in the world of motorsports and was the first person to mass market the S/C version of the MM.

Folks, sign up to attend MV7 and shake the hand of the one,,the only,,,

KENNY BROWN!!!

'
Registration is now available on the front page. Get your rooms booked A.S.A.P and sign up for what is sure to be one of the most memorable Maraudervilles' yet

CBT
07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I may have to bow out:(, I'm probably going back to college to finish my degree. I have mixed emotions, further my education or party.

MERCMAN
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
:bump: :bump: :bump:

Embassy
08-07-2009, 03:11 AM
Yet another reason to attend MV7.

Any more details on the car show?

2003 MIB
08-07-2009, 04:44 AM
I met Kenny during the first Invasion of Indy and he's good people. I don't think anyone has ever told him he's famous- at least he doesn't act like it. :beer:

MM03MOK
08-07-2009, 05:53 AM
I met Kenny during the first Invasion of Indy and he's good people. I don't think anyone has ever told him he's famous- at least he doesn't act like it. :beer:
:wave: Hi Dan! Miss you around here! How's Coli and the family? :wave:

2003 MIB
08-08-2009, 07:04 AM
:wave: Hi Dan! Miss you around here! How's Coli and the family? :wave:

We're doing great-hope y'all have a good time at Indy!

Vortex
08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
We're doing great-hope y'all have a good time at Indy!

Hope you can make it to our annual picnic at Centerville!

cassidy
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
CBT goes to college?

If I didn't look at his age (38) I would have thought he was an old retired coot wearing out a vinyl recliner making fart jokes all day (and prank calling aren jay).

Mike Poore
08-30-2009, 04:13 AM

Hey Dan! I went to pick her up and she said HI, and I answered, yes I am. :D

I remembered your winning the contest and we talked about adopting children, in our case, a wonderful grandson, now 12, and starting junior high. All the best to you, Coli, and the kids. mike & barb

DOOM
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Damn!
That's freakin awesome!!! :rock:

Bradley G
08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I asked for vaca, it's been a while for me Too.

JUST 1BULLITT
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Let me know if you make it down Bradley! (BRING some of the "Chicago Boyz" with ya too!! :lol:) I'll be there; STILL NEED to register officially; just staying w/ Friends real close by the Hotel though...getting my SB Ready for the trip! SHOULD be a good time!! :banana2:

Embassy
09-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Any more details on the car show?

:bump:........

MERCMAN
09-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Yes,, :rofl:

DOOM
09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Guess i need to take DOOMSDAY back to the detail shop. :coolman:

Embassy
09-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Yes,, :rofl:

Do you care to share these details or continue with this behavior?

Perhaps I should stop promoting MM.net at all the local car shows and cruises, handing out MM.net cards, remove the MM.net decal from my Marauder, promoting this site to national magazines, and taking time out of my busy schedule to stop and meet anyone I spot with a Marauder so that they may learn of this community.

No wonder I have doubts about renewing my flags. :rolleyes:

MERCMAN
09-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Come on Steve,, it is a car show with trophies and judges, the catagories are yet to be determined. What new developments can there possibly be? You have been to enough car shows to know what it is about. You shine up your ride, bring a chair and sit. The special thing about this one is that the fun is actually seeing more than 2 or 3 MM's in a car show. You add the fact that we are more critical (and forgiving) than any concours car show, and you have the best car show that you can enter.

So, yes there are new developments,, but you have to show up(and I KNOW you never miss a chance to show off your ride!) and see what we have planned.

SC Cheesehead
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Come on Steve,, it is a car show with trophies and judges, the catagories are yet to be determined. What new developments can there possibly be? You have been to enough car shows to know what it is about. You shine up your ride, bring a chair and sit. The special thing about this one is that the fun is actually seeing more than 2 or 3 MM's in a car show. You add the fact that we are more critical (and forgiving) than any concours car show, and you have the best car show that you can enter.

So, yes there are new developments,, but you have to show up(and I KNOW you never miss a chance to show off your ride!) and see what we have planned.

Wet T-shirt contests? :dunno:------>:confused:------->:D

Embassy
09-02-2009, 07:43 AM

I am a veteran of many car shows and have become quite accustomed to little details such as:
Time
Place (including if it's turf, concrete, gravel, etc)
Judging categories
Judging criteria (exterior, engine, interior, wheels, trunk, etc..)

I was merely asking for such details.

Yes, I do show off my ride often. I've put a lot of money, labor, and time into it. Is that a crime? Do others on here do the same?

Furthermore, as I've stated, this site has been promoted (http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/753181) extensively when I "show off" my ride. Yet, I get unjustified attitude like this. :rolleyes:

DOOM
09-02-2009, 07:53 AM
wet t-shirt contests?

ftmfw!!!!!

MERCMAN
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have confirmed a "special guest" judge for the car show. He is a legend in the world of motorsports and was the first person to mass market the S/C version of the MM.

Folks, sign up to attend MV7 and shake the hand of the one,,the only,,,

KENNY BROWN!!!

'
Registration is now available on the front page. Get your rooms booked A.S.A.P and sign up for what is sure to be one of the most memorable Maraudervilles' yet

Not only will Kenny Brown be attending, but we have confirmed that the "Father of the Mercury Marauder"

STEVE BABCOCK will attend as a judge for the car show.

If you have not registered, it is still not too late. If you need a hotel room, PM me and I will make it happen if any rooms are still available :up:

SC Cheesehead
09-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh man, I gotta get him to autograph my car. What do they use for writing on black plastic, some sort of white ink Sharpie?

Embassy
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling Steve's writing arm will be quite sore after MV 7.

Bigdogjim
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh man, I gotta get him to autograph my car. What do they use for writing on black plastic, some sort of white ink Sharpie?

Silver on black. .............................. ......

DOOM
09-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Where will the car show be held?
And what time?

Embassy
09-23-2009, 03:15 AM
How dare you ask that! :D

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Breakfast on your own
Indy 500 Museum and lap around Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS)
http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway. ..Fame_Museum/32 (http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway. com/content/General/Hall_of_Fame_Museum/32)
Departure @8:30 AM
IMS “The Brickyard” Lap at 11:30 AM (Only those pre-registered may take the lap)

Lunch on your own

Car Show & Shine at Forest Park in Noblesville with Celebrity Judges. 2:00PM (?)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56397

DOOM
09-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks steve. :up:

Embassy
09-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks steve. :up:

No problem. Looking forward to hanging out with you again.

Embassy
09-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Did a little engine detailing today. Got the sc***** and bloody knuckles, and aching back to show for it.