PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

wht02lightning
07-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, im new to the game, just got my 03 Black MM. Traded in my 2002 Lightning. Also pretty big into my 99 SVT Contour. Live in East bama, Roanoke to be exact.

MyTMerc
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard White Lightning. My Marauder's not as quick as my Lightning or my Vette but I like driving it more than either one.

BhamMarauder
07-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Welcome!!!

GAMike
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Welcome in :burnout:

We meet up the 3rd weekend of every month in Marietta, GA.

8 AM - Saturday
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

I-75 & Delk Road (Exit #261)
2150 Delk Road
Marietta GA

ALL are welcome.... We know its tough to make it from AL that early, but feel free to join us if you can.

We also have started going to Caffine & Octane. This is the first Sunday of every month. I think its 8am-11am. This will be my first month going. Google Search for the locale:banana2:

Mac-MerC
07-20-2009, 03:34 PM
why the hell is everything done so damn early in the morning... what happened to afternoon car shows/events?

jgc61sr2002
07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Welcome aboard.:D Enjoy your new ride.

Ms. Denmark
07-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi and welcome! Glad you joined us.:burnout:

Bluerauder
07-20-2009, 06:58 PM
why the hell is everything done so damn early in the morning... what happened to afternoon car shows/events?
You are 30 minutes away from the Delk Road Cracker Barrell. :rolleyes: If you were really interested in meeting up, you would drag your azz outta bed by 7 AM and make the trip. If you want the bennies you gotta make the effort. Sheesh.

GAMike
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM

I live in Snellville Mac........ I understand your frustration, but this is the way it is, because it is this way.

Its been this way from the start.

Usually we meet up chit chat eat, and decide what to do next based on what everyone knows about the goings on of the day..........

Some times we wind up @ Team Toyland, some times a car show, sometimes nuthin, but when ya start your day early, ya got room to plan or change a plan.

So ya see, there is some rationale behind the timing. Get yer a$$ up & over. Nobody knew me when I showed up in 2006 either:burnout: A good bunch of people with alot of Marauder/hotrod knowledge.

Whats bad about that??:D

Paul T. Casey
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
A good bunch of people with alot of Marauder/hotrod knowledge.

Whats bad about that??:D

Might even run into an occassional Yankee from time to time.

GAMike
07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Might even run into an occassional Yankee from time to time.

One could only hope ya bastage:D I think I may have ya beat at this years shootout........

Maybe we should run once in our own cars and a second time trading places then combine the times to see who wins.:beer: Let me know cause I gotta get those 2 bucks back:burnout:

wht02lightning
07-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Ill try to make the trip up to the monthly meet sometime. I know a few people in GA from the contour.org site. I also have a 99 SVT Contour thats taken ne into newnan a few times. Im in bama but its only around a 10 minute drive to GA, hope i can make it sometime soon