PDA

View Full Version : Computer Technical Help

Ross
10-15-2003, 03:27 PM
OK, I have been too long without an avatar. I should have no problem finding a pic of something I like, but being computer illiterate, how the heck (in plain English, please) do I go about making it into an avatar? All help gratefully accepted. Repaid in more free Texas beer at the next national Marauderville.

Dr Caleb
10-15-2003, 03:42 PM
First, you have to pick what you want.

Then you have to get it the right size 80 pixels by 80 pixels. (There is no other way to describe it - sorry) You can make this the correct size by using picture editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

Then you have to add it as an image to your profile.

Make you a deal. Find an image of what you want, post it here. I'll resize it, then send it to you and tell you how to add it as an avatar.

Generally, the image you pick shouldn't have any fine detail to it - you will lose the details when the image is shrunk down.

MM03MOK
10-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Send me the pic and I'll set it up for you. The final size needs to be no larger than 50x50. Already got my free beer from you in Ennis! Thanks!

Bunny's Email (Marauder03@comcast.net)

MapleLeafMerc
10-15-2003, 09:57 PM
If you still feel spunky enough to try it yourself:

Go to Edit Options- either the left side of Home page or through User CP below the sign in area.

Bottom of next page that shows, there is a button "Change Avatar". Click it.

At bottom of next page last choice is "You can upload...from your computer." Click Browse button.

You should see a window that says Open and/or From: You then have to select a photo stored on your computer. When you find it, using the arrows/scroll bars (or by opening other files) click it to 'highlight' it and click open or whatever prompt sounds like yes. Files that say "blah blah blah.jpg" work. Logan and others could say what other types work as well, like .eps, .tiff. and so on.

It should then take you back to the page with the Browse button, where you would click "Submit Modifications", and as long as the picture is not too big, it will then tell you you've successfully changed your avatar.

Ross
10-16-2003, 07:03 AM
OK, now I have several options. I just need to find the right pic!

SouLRioT
10-16-2003, 03:31 PM
making it harder on you now, you cand add pics to your sig as well

Ross
10-17-2003, 06:53 AM
Soulriot, y'all are going to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century if you don't quit!

Marauderman
10-23-2003, 04:37 AM
Great info help---been wondering myself-----

I've gotta try this as well--hope I don't lock up anyones system when I do--especially mine-:lol: