PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Reinhart v. Trilogy sc

kingsford
10-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone has the Reinhart sc, and what the big differences are between the two. Please let me know what you think about each. I really want to get one but want to make an educated choice.

Thanks in advance,
matt

Zack
10-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Call each vendor and ask them personally, then privately ask members here. Take this advice as the gospel.

Nathan
10-15-2003, 09:06 PM
I think it's a matter of Roots (Trilogy) vs. Centrifugal (Reinhart). Superchargersonline.com has some good articles that go into depth on the advantages of each:

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=5

I believe that you're going to get quite a bit more maximum Torque/HP with the Reinhart kit, but with the Trilogy install you're going to be getting more Torque down low.

studio460
10-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Great link, Nathan! I was expecting this marathon, technically obtuse essay on supercharger technology. On the contrary, the site offered very simple, short, concise and to-the-point descriptions of each type of blower for the lay reader. I also liked the pros and cons mentioned of each. Didn't realize that the twin-screw type blowers built up less heat than the Roots-style blowers. Interesting to know! Thanks!

SergntMac
10-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Ditto to the Shooter...

Logan
10-16-2003, 05:17 AM
...and closing this one 'cuz it's been answered in fine fashion and I'm pre-emptively striking before the mudslingin' starts...

Sorry Menace...