PDA

View Full Version : Point to be considered...

SergntMac
10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
I posted this in another forum here at MM.net. As it has been the case in that other thread, my posts usually get deleted because that vendor has that capability. I don't believe this vendor here, will do that.

Wes, you're taking some heat, and unfairly too. The one thing we all expect to see here, is fair play. You won't speak on it and I admire that, but I can. Here's what was posted, let's see how long it lives in that forum?

Originally posted by SergntMac
Just my .02c here...

If I were in the market for a Superchips product (and I may be someday), I'd spend my money with a vendor who has proven themselves me, and to us all, as a club. Track records of repeat performance means something to me.

I have made a number of purchases from Wes Chain @ Innovative Interceptors, and I have not been disappointed in price, or, follow-up customer care and support. Even if he did not have the absolute best price on a particular product, it's most likely I would spend my money with him first, because he's been here with us a while now, and he does good business with us.

It takes time, and repeat performance to build a customer base, and Wes has accomplished just that through a number of special offerings that have proven true without a hitch, ask anyone here who has the "Wes Chain Tips" in their sig. Just like Dennis Reinhart and Kenny Brown (in my experience), a simple phone call gets your product delivered to your door without any questions. After sale telephone calls, and e-mails of "what's new" are also good business.

Moreover, never once has Wes spoken poorly of any other vendors, because he knows that is not the way to do business. He does not engage in scare tactics, or poor mouth his competition. That doesn't fly here, and he knows it. If anyone had had any problem with Wes, I haven't seen it posted here, and that silence is deafening. Absent that, I see no reason to change vendors now.

Case in point...Here's a brief story for y'all. When I purchased my first set of 4:10 gears from Dennis, I could have saved 15 bucks by patronizing a local speed shop. However, they would have to order them, a 3-4 week wait. Buying from Dennis, I had the gears at my door in 3 days, and I made friends with a good hearted man who continues to earn my respect and my business. Never once...ever, has Dennis "warned" me about spending my money elsewhere. Never. That 15 bucks I threw away? Ha! Ask anyone here, if their experience hasn't been likewise.

Sorry to say Cole, everytime you post something here, I trip over a dozen "what ifs?" and that is not my experience with other registered vendors here. Call me foolish, but it's a matter of my experience working with them. Great pricing, great service, no complaints, it the path to my wallet...Works for me, K?

Warnings of why it's potentially bad to patronize them, or, stories of what they cannot/will not do for me in the future, is not the way to sell me your products and service. You should be selling me on the idea of why I should spend my money with you, not why I should not patronize others. Major turn off...Major.

Just my .02c...

Ross
10-16-2003, 08:22 AM
I agree totally, Sarge. Many of us on this board have some strong preferences about our favorite products, vendors, etc. Often those preferences are based on well reasoned experience and facts. BUT, that doesn't mean that other products and vendors aren't just as good, maybe in a little different way. There should be (and is) room on this board for open debate and discussion of pros and cons of different mods, products, etc. But those discussions should not degenerate into personal attacks. Dennis, KB, Cole, and the other vendors here are all big boys and I don't believe they have their feelings hurt by honest pro and con discussions of their products. They should not, however, have to listen to attacks which do nothing to add to the knowledge base of this group. If there is a problem with a product or vendor, state the facts clearly, and let it lie. We need to know the bad as well as the good. But let's keep it businesslike and not personal. There is too much good being done here to destroy things with unnecessary personal attacks which do none of us any good.

67435animal
10-16-2003, 09:02 AM
Sarge, I interpreted the 'warning' posted by Cole the same way that you did. You're a better man than I as you had the b..ls to post. I chose to ignore the post.

But, good for you! I think that you are absolutely right that businesses should always focus on what makes them different and therefore a better place with which to deal.

Bob

2003 MIB
10-16-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm with ya, Sarge. I don't mind paying a little more (ie $15) to support someone who has demonstrated a commitment to the club. I also take the data posted on this site into consideration before making a purchase. Lots of us do- the next best thing to being an expert is knowing how to access experts.

-Dan

TAF
10-16-2003, 12:37 PM
My post has now gone *poof* as well, over there. Well...maybe he'll just keep playing...uh...I mean posting with himself.

Bigdogjim
10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Fair price and good service?

Oh yeah customers will beat a path to your door!

CRUZTAKER
10-16-2003, 02:04 PM
You guys have too much fun! I always miss the conspiracies, and besides have nothing to offer in that arena. I rarely visit the vendor sites and just keep to the community. I went and looked....and of course the wash already passed thru. Funny, a thread with 630 views and NO replies? Too funny, too bad I missed it, not.

As far as Wes....great guy that also had to walk thru some crap to get appreciated....remember? My thanks to Wes, you did me right.

-Barry (one step behind...)

LincMercLover
10-16-2003, 05:54 PM
I whole heartedly agree with all of you. Reflecting on that thread, I should have shut it down when I read it, rather than contribute to the garbage. However, I get a bit bitter with people, especially those who won't do anything about the situation at hand. So rather than continue on with my constant monitoring over certain people/subjects, I get a wild hair and vent, in hopes that some attention will come to the subject at hand, and change will finally happen. With that being said, I'll offer this simple advice that all of you who agree with me should heath.

"Scabs won't disappear unless you quit picking at them..."

LVMarauder
10-16-2003, 06:12 PM
sarge- I totally agree with you . Like animal i didnt have the cojones to speak up, but we all could get a hint at what was being said in that post. Wes is a great guy and an even better man to do business with. He has my support.

studio460
10-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Damn! I missed all the action!