PDA

View Full Version : 64 Merc Park Lane w/36K original miles FS

03calitejas
07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
My lady and I were driving around town in my Black 03 a few weeks ago and spotted what we thought was a 64 Marauder but it looked a bit different. Turns out it's the luxury version called a Park Lane. Knocked on the door and introduced myself and hoped it might be for sale. Turns out its a musician that picked it up at an auction in Park City ND. It was owned by a woman whose husband was a USAF General and this was his personal ride. Matt is the second owner. Long story short- He was open to selling it a few weeks back for around $5K and his band just got offered a sweet deal on Custom guitars so it is now really for sale...He's looking for $4K or best offer...I just moved up north and am unemployed for the moment so grrrrrrrrrrr...

The 390 started easily and there was no smoke at all..Idled smooth and really sounded sweet when it was revved a bit. Under the hood the engine looks damn near original and clean but the firewall and fenders need a real thorough cleaning and paint. He has 5 spoke American racing mags on it and I think the tires looked like 235/40's or something close to that- It sits level and a bit low all the way around (it looks mean)

The body is straight with faded black paint and the chrome is awesome- small ding on the front grille but he has a perfect new shiny grille he got on Ebay awhile back... The electric rear window works perfectly as does everything else on it...except the brake booster that went out on it. Matt tells me its a $400 part available from O'Reillys.

White leather interior is clean and the only flaw is the seam on the drivers side of the front seat needs to be resown (sp?)

Its really straight with no parking lot dings that I could see...There is rust on the rear quarters under the chrome rail that needs to be worked. Matt will send me some digital pictures tonite and I will post them. He is a real straight shooter and will tell you anything you want to know about the car and will take detailed pictures for anyone that is interested.

He just shot me this on email from work

1964 mercury park lane
37,000 original miles
new carb
new exhaust
new wheels & tires
new brakes (shoes, spring kit, drums. Needs new brake booster)
390 engine
3 speed merc o matic transmission
interior is in great shape. One tear on the drivers seat.
White leather with black carpet.

Contact info:
mathew_ricigliano@yahoo.com (http://us.mc1106.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=mathew_ricigliano@y ahoo.com)
(701) 306-4043 call anytime

I know Fargo is in BFE for most of you but if any of you folks want to come up and check it out, lunch or dinner or beer or whatever is on me...

I'm not like best friends with this guy but like I said, he seems like a pretty straight up guy and didn't try to BS me about the car...

Oh yeah....what really caught my eye about this car is that it looks exactly like the 64 MM on the 2003 Marauder poster. (I just got one from a member here)

03calitejas
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
just bumping this as I added some pictures of the car...enjoy

UncleLar
07-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Decent looking car,it would make a nice stable mate for someone with a black 2004.
2 barrel carb?
I doubt some simple sewing would save that front seat though.

03calitejas
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Unc

Simple sewing? No way...you are correct in that its gonna need attention from someone that knows auto upholstery...but its all there to be fixed- no missing material or anything.

And yeah it would make an awesome stablemate for either an 03 or 04...

The 2003 MM poster in my garage would look freaking awesome between the two black beasts. (the front MM on the left of the pictures look exactly like this car)

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to buy it myself but the timing is just AFU for me.

LiLWrink
12-21-2009, 12:06 PM
"Park Lane" was the trim/sport package level...>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.org/cgi-bin/immc-register.cgi?mode=marauderpage&Xvin=4W42Y50****&Xupdate_time=1203347983

That IS a Monteray(Marauder)...reverse C-pillar and breezeway back window!

Very, Very unique automobile...

This>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.org/cgi-bin/immc-register.cgi?mode=marauderpage&Xvin=4Z67Z******&Xupdate_time=1235711991 IS a Park Lane Marauder<IS p Marauder Lane Park a <>

25th anniversary "Park Lane" Marauders were the actual top of the line model...in 1964.