PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Appointments Made for my Silver Birch

Ms. Denmark
07-29-2009, 01:49 PM

Egon Spengler
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Sirius is great! I haven't listened to regular radio in a LONG TIME!

My car needs some beauty work as well!

Had the day off. So did Mr. Man. So we took a drive over to the paint guy at Smith Motors (where we ordered the Marauder). Made an appointment in mid Sept. to have the hood painted and some spot painting/buffing out of road rash. Some of you might remember and/or seen the damage caused by a cement truck I got stuck driving beside a few months ago. Made some nasty gouges on the hood mainly. Want to be beautiful for Indy!

Also made an appointment for tint this Tueday. Going with 20% rear passengers/rear window. Planning to put off driver/front passenger tint until after inspection this Oct. Then will get 35% on those windows.

Also looked into getting Sirius in installed. All in all, had a good day!

Ms. Denmark
07-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Egon Spengler
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I have it in my car and you can listen online for free with the membership, so I always have it on in my office as well!

We have Sirius in the house. Haven't used AM/FM inside in over 3 years. I get satellite withdrawal when I drive!

DJCV
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Ms. Denmark-

Would you mind giving us an idea of the 'budget price' to have a hood repainted? At 80k miles, the DTR paint on most of my car is pretty good and not that far from showroom-------except for the hood, which looks decent from 8-10 feet away, but pretty meager from closer. Numerous chips and blisters. Bugs me to death...

fastblackmerc
07-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Why not tint all the windows to whatever the legal limit is?

Ms. Denmark
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM

Ms. Denmark
07-29-2009, 03:09 PM

Bigdogjim
07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Bet that paint will suck up that wax job....:rofl:

Nice work! :up:

Marauderman
07-29-2009, 08:10 PM
There is no legal limit on the rear window or rear passenger windows. Like the guy told us, you can paint them black if you want. ANY amount of tint on the windshield (below the magic line) and on the driver/front passenger windows is illegal in this state. It won't pass inspection and must be removed. (every 2 years) I figure I'll risk it in between inspections. That's why I'm waiting til after Oct.:coolman: Then if I get pulled over I'll quickly roll down my front windows (or maybe all 4) to play it safe. ;)

Gotta be lucky I guess ,, ..was in Ga last time for the SSHS and was leaving onto the Interstate--got pulled by a Ga.Trooper for a tag cover--he called it "tinting"---actually a bit smokey cover was all it was--still clear though--anyway--gave me a warning--said "in Ga --you got to follow Ga Law"...thought that was funny --since what I had--was OK for NC---

So it goes to show ya----every state can pull ya for anything---just how are you to know what every state Law is?--Thats my Question?..Like I was gonna follow it in the first place--dumb rookie----He was prolly jealous of the MM----

So for whats it worth--good luck...

Mr. Man
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
You probably didn't get a ticket because of the MM. If you were in your other car it would have been revenue stop city...ca-ching

Bigdogjim
07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
So it goes to show ya----every state can pull ya for anything---just how are you to know what every state Law is?--Thats my Question?..Like I was gonna follow it in the first place--dumb rookie----He was prolly jealous of the MM----

So for whats it worth--good luck...

If it is legal in the State your plates are from it is legal anywhere in the USA :)

Been there done that:beer:

TAKEDOWN
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Must be good to be a SBS Member!