PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Video for SSHS3

LeadSSled
10-16-2003, 01:38 PM
I know that the Southern Super Heavy Shootout 3 has previously been announced. But an AWESOME promtional video for the event has just been released.

Please check it out, but dial-up beware (18 MB). Here is the link:
www.sshs3.com/PSR-BattleReady.wmv

Let see some Marauders attend so that there will be some in next year's promotional video.

Terry

jgc61sr2002
10-16-2003, 02:16 PM
LeadSSled - Excellent video. Thanks:up:

tbore007
11-04-2003, 12:10 PM
very cool stuff. if you like impalas..

LeadSSled
11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
I agree. If some Marauders attend this year's event, they will get appropriate coverage in the SSHS4 promotional video. Last year, only one Marauder showed, and he did not compete. There was no Marauder video available from the last event.

Now that there are more Marauders out there, we are hoping to see some at the event. You may have noticed that a Lincoln won the "Big Dog" race last year and a Crown Vic won the 14-second and slower bracket race. It is certainly not intended to be an all-Impala event. But last year, 80% of the participants were Caprices, Impalas, Road Masters, and even a few Cadlilacs.

So, how about making the trip to Atlanta this Saturday? :)

Smokie
11-04-2003, 02:30 PM
LeadSSled Excellent video, I agree that Marauders need to show and race, we had a little over a year to start working on our cars and there is finally some very nice bolt-ons available for our cars. It probably is going to take about 3 years before any significant number of Marauders start to frequent tracks, a lot of owners are holding off on significant mods until the warranty is out. Still I think the future is good for MM. versus SS match-ups, the cars have a lot in common. :D :D

LeadSSled
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Smokie - I couldn't agree with you more. Doing something to void the warrantee on a $30K+ machine isn't something to do without really thinking about it. But I can hardly wait for the modded MMs to come out to play. :)

Yes, the cars have quite a bit in common. Unfortunately, both were (or are going to be) killed way too soon. :( I've seen alot of camaraderie between the MM and SS owners. It is a friendly rivalry. There is just not the trash-talking animosity that you see between the Mustang and Camaro/Firebird owners. It really is the 4-dr, RWD, V8 performance sedans versus everyone else.