PDA

View Full Version : Just went to my first car show with the Marauder

LeoVampire
08-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Went to the Bristol Auto Club's Saturday car show for my first time today. First show I have gone to since I got her in 2004.

Had to be at least 50 to 75 cars there from the 40's on up to present and all makes and models and no rice burners at all just American cars. For newer cars had a Shelby Super Snake and new Chalengers and even a Z06 Corvett. I was the only Marauder and most hadn't heard of one or seen one before.

There were a lot of 60's mustangs, 60's chevy's, and Dodge's and a couple of 70's cars and a fair assortment of 40's and 50's even an 1952 Ford Vicotoria.

Great bunch of guys there and right next door to an old time take out eat in restaurant. They hold it on route 6 in Bristol in the Sears parking lot.

Dummy me forgot my camera but I plan to go again next Saturday and will take one then.

I guess I will have to make an info board now for the car because I am horse answering all of the questions and talking about the car LOL!!

Never would have gone if it hadn't been for reading all of your posts about car shows you have gone to guys so thanks for posting and without knowing it egging me on to do it myself!

Ms. Denmark
08-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Went to my first local show last Thurs. Just like you said, it was a lot of fun and I got a lot of questions about the car. There was a nice sized crowd and some great cars, music, food, prizes & trophys. I forgot my camera too, but I'm going again next Thurs. nite and I'll take pics. I'll look forward to seeing yours! Now........you need to get your car out to Carlisle for All Fords National next June. That is a car show!! Save the dates (June 4-6)and watch for the Carlisle threads. We're having our own Marauder Class for the first time.:beer:

LeoVampire
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Went to my first local show last Thurs. Just like you said, it was a lot of fun and I got a lot of questions about the car. There was a nice sized crowd and some great cars, music, food, prizes & trophys. I forgot my camera too, but I'm going again next Thurs. nite and I'll take pics. I'll look forward to seeing yours! Now........you need to get your car out to Carlisle for All Fords National next June. That is a car show!! Save the dates (June 4-6)and watch for the Carlisle threads. We're having our own Marauder Class for the first time.:beer:

After seeing the pics and hearing what everyone said about it I definatly plan to go next year! I just hope I have the clear coat fixed by then. After the hail we had here in Waterbury during a storm I started to have a problem with the full length top of the car. Will be going to my dealer soon for an oil change and will be talking to them about a fix for the problem.

But glad you had a good time at the show you went to as well!

Ms. Denmark
08-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Great to hear you'll be at Carlisle! Don't wait to book your hotel. We have a few rooms reserved at The Hampton Inn. (717) 610-9052. Be sure to say you're with MM.Net. :beer:

LeoVampire
08-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Great to hear you'll be at Carlisle! Don't wait to book your hotel. We have a few rooms reserved at The Hampton Inn. (717) 610-9052. Be sure to say you're with MM.Net. :beer:

Thanks for the info but can't afford to book anything right now I am on a fixed income and trying to put some add on's on the Marauder plus I only have a Debit card no credit card so I go month to month with money not week to week.
I just thought about going for a day run trying to keep costs down. The Marauder isn't even paid for until next August had to take a 6 year loan to buy her.
I guess I will have to play it by ear.
I mean it took me a year just to save for my Headers and cats I put on this summer.

SMOKE
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Good to hear LeoVampire....it is nice to get out enjoy ourselves this way every once and again!

Jonathan

LeoVampire
08-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Good to hear LeoVampire....it is nice to get out enjoy ourselves this way every once and again!

Jonathan

Ya it was long over due to say the least.

I havn't known about the web site's and add on's for our car's for very long and now that she is a bit more than stock and a little flashier I feel good about doing this and plan to attend more over time as money permit's.

Luckly this was free to all the show car's so just the price for gas LOL and a couple of soda's although I did buy $5.00 in raffle ticket's didn't win anything but had a good time!!

twin03
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Congrads, you don't see a lot of Marauders at car shops.

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 06:43 PM
This time I finaly remembered to bring my camera but forgot extra battery's so just posting a 10th of the pictures I wanted to take.

More in next post

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 06:45 PM

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 06:47 PM

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 06:49 PM

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 06:52 PM
But I have the only marauder.

I have more but have to figure out how to get more room to post pictures first. Seems that I am at my limit.

Bluerauder
08-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I have more but have to figure out how to get more room to post pictures first. Seems that I am at my limit.
Contributing members get more gallery space. :D

Donate here >>>> MM.Net Donations (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/payments.php)

LeoVampire
08-15-2009, 07:39 PM

Donate here >>>> MM.Net Donations (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/payments.php)

I have to wait until I get my next Disability check on Wednesday. But thanks for the info. It's the end of the month for me so the only thing I have is gas in my car right now.

LeoVampire
08-19-2009, 06:29 PM

Sorry I didn't do it sooner! Should have just dosn't dawn on you sometimes about stuff like that.

Anyways come this Saturday if the weather is nice will take pic's of more types of cars. At the time there was a big Mopar show going on in the state so almost none of them showed up.