PDA

View Full Version : 8/2/2009---new marauder record

White Knuckles
08-02-2009, 09:25 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/DSCN1206.jpg

Go here for the story (I'm too lazy to post all this up again)

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9992

Donny Carlson
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Just in case you don't do the MCM.COM thing:

There's a new World's Fastest Marauder.

Marty Ochs (MARTYO) drove Legal Knevil, the first time for it to be at the strip in three years, to a NEW WORLD'S RECORD of

10.216 @ 136.4-------108 @ 1/8 ------1.51 60 ft

This with local air temps of high 90's.

This, my friends, with cooler air temps, will be the first MM in the 9's.

Follow the link above for video of the run.

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Sweet. Saw the vid and the car doesn't even sound like a Marauder.

offroadkarter
08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Sweet. Saw the vid and the car doesn't even sound like a Marauder.

I know, its actually loud! :eek:

Bout time marty got back into the *** kickin game :D

FordNut
08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I knew he had something up his sleeve... Looking for some fast cars at SSHS9!

sd8683
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I knew he had something up his sleeve... Looking for some fast cars at SSHS9!

Heck yeah! I hope you. Guys get them cheby boys this year!

I guess all that fender badge money went to a good cause :rofl:

TAKEDOWN
08-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Wow... Heavy Hitters!!!

Krytin
08-03-2009, 02:50 AM
Very Well done Marty!!
Good to see you in the driver's seat!

CRUZTAKER
08-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Marty is our hero. ;)

ImpalaSlayer
08-03-2009, 03:55 AM
nice, Sherm wont be far behind im sure

Bluerauder
08-03-2009, 04:17 AM

Marty Ochs (MARTYO) drove Legal Knevil, the first time for it to be at the strip in three years, to a NEW WORLD'S RECORD of

10.216 @ 136.4-------108 @ 1/8 ------1.51 60 ft.
Congrats Martyo :2thumbs: .... where ya been??

J-MAN
08-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Martyo for President!

juno
08-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Congratulations! Nice run Marty!!!!

FordNut
08-03-2009, 05:11 AM
Get that timeslip posted on the timeslips page!

ctrlraven
08-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Car sounded like money! Congrats on the great run!

Glenn
08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
It was a great slight to see Marty's MM once again take to the track. I've admired this car for 6 years. It looked awesome and sounded unreal - that Procharger is huge. Great job Marty - and Jeff a great ride. Congrats to all for a really fine effort on getting the MM back to it's rightful place and once again breaking the MM world record. This is gotta be a 9 second MM.

Sherman, Jerry and Tom: You got your work cut out for you - it's no longer low 10's it now 9's.

Mr. Norm's Challenger sounded very strong at the line - great car. 8's are in the bag. Hope to also see Mr. Norm at the "Shoot-Out" in Commerce.

A great day for all. Thanks Marty, Jeff, Tim and MPH.

Glenn Ford http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/racing.gif

PS: Al - you have one beautiful M5 BMW turbo.

juno
08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Funny how times have changed. You get 10 pages of posts on nonsense threads and this thread barely gets a response, and 99% of them from the big post counters.
Come on guys, this is a huge accomplishment!!! :bows:

Paul T. Casey
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I had a blast watching this. The look on Jeff's face after the 10.29 was worth double the admission price, let alone getting to see Marty get his swagger back. After the 10.21 (I'll check my video tonight after work), my pants were a little damp. Anyone who wants to see what this whole hot rodding thing is supposed to be like, try and spend some time with the MPH gang. Never got the name, but kudos to the Marauder Motored CVPI as well. One impressive sleeper.

Paul T. Casey
08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Funny how times have changed. You get 10 pages of posts on nonsense threads and this thread barely gets a response, and 99% of them from the big post counters.

Not so funny IMHO.

oldekid
08-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Come on guys, this is a huge accomplishment!!! :bows:I couldn't agree more with you about the number of nonsense threads lately. I'm glad to finally come on here and read something worth while.

Congrats Marty! That's awesome!

merc
08-03-2009, 10:10 AM

Maybe if Martin or Jeff were to post up things would be more exciting. It's truly a major milestone, but I personally would like to know other details. :)

White Knuckles
08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
It was really late when I originally posted this and I was in "crash & burn" mode.
I apologize for just putting in link.
Here is the full post.

The attached video is of New World Record pass @ Alabama International dragway.

10.216 @ 136.4 mph:toast:

I apologize for the quality---this was recorded on my pocket digital camera in the movie mode.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/th_DSCN1205.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/?action=view&current=DSCN1205.flv)

White Knuckles
08-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Here is a new Challenger SRT8----first time to the track.
Running a Kenne Bell Twin Screw.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/DSCN1198.jpg
They had a little issue with the brakes----as in no way to WOE. Had to deploy the shoot and still almost ran off the end of track. A nice stand of Pine trees at the end but it sure would have made a mess of this crazy fast Challenger.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/DSCN1201.jpg

White Knuckles
08-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Here is the video of the Challenger's run. (again--sorry for poor quality)

10.34 @ 138/139

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/th_DSCN1202.jpg (http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/?action=view&current=DSCN1202.flv)

SC Cheesehead
08-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Congrats Marty!

Can't wait until SSHS9 :woohoo:

NATEHAWK
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I wanna hear from MartyO as well..We all wanna know what has been done to that MM lol

Paul T. Casey
08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
We all wanna know what has been done to that MM lol

I looked it over pretty good. Seems to be a whole bunch of bolt ons.

Mest30
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Awesome times! I'm struggling to get in the 13s. I can just imagine the money, sweat and tears that must have been poured into that car. Congrats, makes it all worth while, doesnt it.

Blown3.8
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM

And bolt offs.:D

Nice runs again Marty. Looking forward to some heads up runs with you.:cool:

Things I'd like to know... how much it weigh, how much juice, how much of the exhaust is still there(does it have mufflers that end at the axle with some dumps after the header)?:beer:

03calitejas
08-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Unreal sounds coming from that car...I wanna know whats under that hood!

Congratulations Marty....outstanding work!

TiTo35
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
WOWSERS! Congrats MartyO!! :up: :beer:

MarauderTJA
08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Just in case you don't do the MCM.COM thing:

10.216 @ 136.4-------108 @ 1/8 ------1.51 60 ft

This with local air temps of high 90's.

This, my friends, with cooler air temps, will be the first MM in the 9's.

Follow the link above for video of the run.

Congratulations to Marty:up:. I have no doubt Marty will make the 9's first with his re-motored ride. I personally like Marty (and Jerry B) and I knew this car previously and watched to be the first into the 10's with a Procharger. He has put a ton of work and $$ into his car (like a few of us). As with Jerry's Trilogy 1, these Marauders are really full blown race cars (lightened, gutted interiors etc) that, like many race cars, are registered and can be driven on the street. I call these cars Pro-Marauders. This is not a put down in any way, just factual information. They are go-fast cars:).

Sherm, Brian, Jay, John Nero, John Kuhn, Merc and a few others as well as myself have full interior, subwoofers, navigation all the bells and whistle Marauders. I commend Marty's new world ET record and also by beating my world record MPH. (which was not mentioned there).;)

I will make every effort to be at SSHS9 and so will a couple of other Marauders that will make a showing to the Marauder world. (ssshhh, I have been doing a few things to my car as well in secret chambers). It is all in fun, but my Marauder will remain first and foremost a street/show car 99% of the time, with the occasional 1% drag race car with slicks.

It will be extremely interesting without question. And I love this stuff.:banana2:

MarauderTJA
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
It was a great slight to see Marty's MM once again take to the track. I've admired this car for 6 years. It looked awesome and sounded unreal - that Procharger is huge. Great job Marty - and Jeff a great ride. Congrats to all for a really fine effort on getting the MM back to it's rightful place and once again breaking the MM world record. This is gotta be a 9 second MM.

Sherman, Jerry and Tom: You got your work cut out for you - it's no longer low 10's it now 9's.

Mr. Norm's Challenger sounded very strong at the line - great car. 8's are in the bag. Hope to also see Mr. Norm at the "Shoot-Out" in Commerce.

A great day for all. Thanks Marty, Jeff, Tim and MPH.

Glenn Ford http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/images/smilies/racing.gif

PS: Al - you have one beautiful M5 BMW turbo.

Ya think Glenn???

fastblackmerc
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
way to go, martyo!!!!!

MarauderTJA
08-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Hummm......want to start a thread like years past and have fun.......well

ONCE AGAIN - PROCHARGER RULES:banana2:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Finally getting myself fired up again.

Glenn
08-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Tom:

You have a great car - that is why your name was in my post. You have accomplished a great deal with your SB. Good luck in the contest to 9's.

Glenn :beer:

MarauderTJA
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Tom:

You have a great car - that is why your name was in my post. You have accomplished a great deal with your SB. Good luck in the contest to 9's.

Thanks Glenn. Competition with Marty & Jerry's cars are a bit out of reach in reality;). Sherman/Chris is more in line with my car. But you know me, I'll give it my best. You never know:burnout:. Some select people at mcm prefer that I don't exist:poke:. But thats OK. When it comes to drag racing, you know how that goes. them>:flamer:<me. :lol:

DEFYANT
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Congrats Marty. Glad to see your still around.

Motorhead350
08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
That's not a Marauder, that's a race car.

Sorry... :flamer:

rayjay
08-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Congrats Marty O :beer:

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM

It's street legal and driven to and from cruise ins. How is it not a Marauder?

White Knuckles
08-04-2009, 06:13 AM

Yes------you are sorry.
Its one helluva fast MARAUDER!
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/Car%20Shows%2009/DSCN1206.jpg

Paul T. Casey
08-04-2009, 06:36 AM

If you look closely at the photo, you can notice the rear bumper in fact says Marauder. Call Marty and ask him for the VIN. Once you run it, I'm certian it'll come back as a Marauder. It has quite a history, back in '03 was the first time it was the "World's Fastest Marauder." That was probably before you had a license though. Search the forums here, go way back, and learn a bit about the car, and the man who owns it. If it weren't for him, and some of the other "old timers," you'd be driving a 15 sec. car.

Blown3.8
08-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Yup still a Marauder built for what he wants to do with it.

Go fast in a straight line!:beer:

Glenn
08-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Motorhead350 http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=791333#post79 1333)

Looks to me like a Marauder street car set-up to also run on the track with a nearly stock interior (except for the race seats). Marty has done a great job promoting MM in the beginning days by building his car. He is well know by the first generation MM owners. His car is awesome and will hit the 9's.

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
If it needs a trailer to get to a track it's a race car.

Marauder = Street Car

Trailer = Fail

I goes to cruises? That's nice. It's never on the road going 110 anymore? Can it still hold the family while going out to dinner? Does it still have the A/C or even the radio?

See to when when a trailer is used you have ruined all of the fun you can have with the car. It's the worlds fastest Marauder now... congradulations to a car now that is never used other than riding on a trailer to a track or being taken to a cruise (probably on a trailer) to park. Do the windshild wipers still work? Is the license plate any good? Does the trunk still have enough room to stuff ten chopped up people? If the only time this car ever sets foot on a street if just for display or a 5 mile drive for display I have really lost respect for it. Good job on making it the world's fastest Marauder at the very least.

If you it is still a 100% street car my hats off to you, but if it's really what I am assuming you have ruined a car in my opinion. A car was built for one purpose, to be driven. If this car is actually "driven" more than on and off the trailer with the occasional trip to the cruise than it still serves it's function. To each his own.

Enjoy.

Paul T. Casey
08-04-2009, 12:40 PM
If it needs a trailer to get to a track it's a race car.

Marauder = Street Car

Trailer = Fail

I goes to cruises?I goes to cruises too That's nice. It's never on the road going 110 anymore?This I don't do Can it still hold the family while going out to dinner?I'd guess Marty's whole family could still ride to dinner, rather comfortably Does it still have the A/C or even the radio?

See to when when a trailer is used you have ruined all of the fun you can have with the car.Don't understand this sentence It's the worlds fastest Marauder now... congradulationsor this word to a car now that is never used other than riding on a trailer to a track or being taken to a cruise (probably on a trailer) to park. Do the windshild wipers still work? Is the license plate any good?Not just good, it's GREAT Does the trunk still have enough room to stuff ten chopped up people? Yes, although this really isn't an issue for most of usIf the only time this car ever sets foot on a street if just for display or a 5 mile drive for display I have really lost respect for it. Good job on making it the world's fastest Marauder at the very least.

If you it is still a 100% street car my hats off to you, but if it's really what I am assuming you have ruined a car in my opinion.Another one of those sentences I can't seem to get. A car was built for one purpose, to be driven. If this car is actually "driven" more than on and off the trailer with the occasional trip to the cruise than it still serves it's function. To each his own.

Enjoy.

Made some comments in the quote. Again I'll remind you. Every go fast thing you put on your car can be traced back to just a few people here. Marty happens to be one of those few. You run a Pro-Charger, hmmm, I wonder who had the first. Marty's car is a purpose built machine. It seems to be handling its purpose rather nicely at the moment.

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
You run a Pro-Charger, hmmm, I wonder who had the first.

Wasn't me. Happy?

Bottom line is the car is a race car now, not a street car. I do not care for race car's, that's all.

martyo
08-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Bottom line is the car is a race car now, not a street car. I do not care for race car's, that's all.

That's okay, you are in the minority here on that issue.

Please, I implore you, put me on your "ignore" list so that you don't have to read about my race car.

If I were to die tomorrow, I will have accomplished more with my car collection than you will if you live another three lives.

Meanwhile, keep running your mouth about your nonsensical speeding. This way when you wipe out some innocents, I will be able to help my lawyer buddies demonstrate your reckless course of conduct.

And, I am getting old and forget things, but weren't you the punk ass kid who put diesel in his gas motor? If that was you, then I am sure many of the members here are just waiting on your every post to read your pearls of wisdom about what is and isn't a car.

juno
08-04-2009, 01:05 PM
OMG,

Can't respect the world's fastest Marauder Dom?
Are you sure you are on the right board?

This is primarily about cars, Marauders specifically.

Not music, not guitars, not bands, not Blazers or a thousand other inane posts.

Yes, you are allowed to post about that stuff.

Maybe you should stick to just that stuff.

If you want to start a thread about your opinion of what a race car is as opposed to a street car, go and do it. Stop ruining a celebration for the rest of us.

And I apologize to all for putting this on this thread.
Mods can move it or whatever after enough folks have read it.

EDIT: Oh and I see Marty chose to respond. It's too bad he has to deal with it.
It's dealing with this kind of crap that chased away a lot of folks.

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Marty, it was Kerosene, not Diesel. I am not saying your car is bad in anyway and there was no need for personal attacks.

Juno, you were pulling out all the guns bringing up music, Blazers and whatnot... that has nothing to do with this discussion. I am not talking to you, I am talking to Marty.

Marty, as far as you doing more with your life than I ever will that's really saying something. You must know my arrest record and everything. You're right I won't do one third of what you have, but what you do with your life doesn't seem to interest me. The only time I will go to court is when it's required.

Doing more with your cars than I ever will? We'll I'm glad you know everything I do big brother. All the stories about shutting down GT500s at 2am or people throwing out their drugs all because of my Marauder. You're right I will accomplish more if I drive the car less, but make it faster. Look at your fleet in your other thread, those cars are all clean. Seems like they don't get much use. Maybe they did before, but I bet all of your adventures and accomplishments with your cars aren't half as fun to me. Did you win a few championships? Maybe best of show or best bracket race? I never have and I don't care to. If you wanna ride off of that to the grave over what I have done so be it. I don't care to accomplish anything like that. Sounds like more cash and headaches than I care to put into a car to accomplish any of that.

You are not on my ignore list and you bring a lot here. I don't know why you acted all defensive when I said I wasn't fond of your car. Anyone else on here posts something they did, some will say they like it others will say they don't. I am saying towards you that I don't like your race car and now you have chosen to get all personal. No one else seems to do that towards any member is one isn't fond of the others mod towards a car.

Keep your defensiveness off the site and in the court room ok? I'll keep my Marauder in the highway, dragstrip, target, record stores, autozone... anyplace I choose to drive my car to.

Krytin
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Dom, you deserve the slap you got from Marty!
Long before your post - #48 above - it had been estabished that Marty's car is still a full street car! It doesn't have to go to the track on a trailer and it has a complete upholstered interior and five people can drive confortably anywhere in it!
The car is far from "ruined" as a Marauder by anyone's definition.
H*ll MY car is more ruined as a Marauder than Marty's is!

John Nero
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
ONCE AGAIN - PROCHARGER RULES:banana2:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Finally getting myself fired up again.

marty and tom - that is one of the reasons i put a procharger in my car - 10's here i come

martyo
08-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Marty, it was Kerosene, not Diesel.

Dom: Please read no further.

Hey everyone else, I am sorry I polluted this place responding to Dom. I owe you all one.

But, with that said, if anyone of you ever puts kerosene or diesel in your Marauder motor, please do not feel that you need to comment on what I have done with my cars.

Blackmobile
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
:laugh:Now that there is funny.

Marty, it was Kerosene, not Diesel.

There is an old saying:

"It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, rather the opening mouth and removing all dought."

GAMike
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
:burnout:
:laugh:Now that there is funny.

There is an old saying:

"It is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, rather the opening mouth and removing all doubt."

Martin Scorsese's Mother in her grandma role from Goodfella's:coolman: a ru di cadere' or sumthing like that. Not Italian, only play one at Marauder gatherings

jgc61sr2002
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Marty - Congrats:D
It's nice to hear from you.
We miss you in New York.
Glad to see all is well.

Marauderman
08-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Marty--My Congrats are greatly added to those already listed --

As you know you and others were instrumental in where I have gone with my MM too--.and its very nice to hear and see some stuff from and about you again.......hope to see you this year........It does take many hours and $$ to get what one wants from their car--I too am like so many mentioned previously getting there cars faster.........mine is so far doing more than I expected---

and you were there all along with me----------remember the time on a late nigh on phone call--listening to my new exhaust sound--all from over a cell phone.......now that goes back a few years......and we were so excited-for a new mod .......wow---........great work my friend---am always on the side line praising what you do for us all ...............Tom

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
its got a tag dont it? then its a street car!! congrats on the run!

martyo
08-04-2009, 07:39 PM
remember the time on a late nigh on phone call--listening to my new exhaust sound--all from over a cell phone.......now that goes back a few years......

Holy cow, that brings me wayyyyyyyy back!!!!

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
If it's a street car than I stand corrected, but I see a trailer. Was it trailered to the track? I didn't see Marty deny what I am assuming of his car. It can be a street car you say? Ok great, is it a street car? Does it see 12,000 new miles on it a year or does it stay in the garage and only sees the street when it's riding down the street on a trailer? No one has really answered my question.

Most definitions of a street car these days mean it's legal to drive. The turning siginals work, the license plate it up to date... exc. It looks like Martys car has all that it takes to legally be a street car, but is it a street car or does it sit all the time and travils by trailer?

I am awaiting an answer.

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Dom, seriously. Shut the **** up.

RacerX
08-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey! Congrats MartyO! I'm a new MM owner (Gawd I love her!) and I was wondering if maybe there's a way you can advise me on converting her to biodiesel considering all this green stuff going on and feeling the urge to hop on the bandwagon. Is there any way to even strap on a 50 gallon tank to hold the green fuel??? I'd really appreciate any advisement. Or, maybe i should just trade her in for a bicycle??? Hmmm... My wife isn't too bright, she's telling me to take the engine out, rebuild the lower and add some sort of pro charger thingy and throw her on the track! Stupid woman!!!! :beer:

Glenn
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Dom:

Enough already - you said your comments - now let's move on. I wonder who is feeding you input on your comments. I can only guess.

I trailer my MM to the race track. I guess my car is a race car. My MM sits in the garage most of the time. I guess it is not a street car. My back seat is out of my MM. I guess my MM is a race car. Enough----!

Glenn

FordNut
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM

What he said ^^^.

This is the kind of crap that runs good people off from the forums. Just drop it, his car doesn't meet your standards, that's fine. He didn't have it built to suit anybody but himself. Your car probably doesn't suit him either.

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey! Congrats MartyO! I'm a new MM owner (Gawd I love her!) and I was wondering if maybe there's a way you can advise me on converting her to biodiesel considering all this green stuff going on and feeling the urge to hop on the bandwagon. Is there any way to even strap on a 50 gallon tank to hold the green fuel??? I'd really appreciate any advisement. Or, maybe i should just trade her in for a bicycle??? Hmmm... My wife isn't too bright, she's telling me to take the engine out, rebuild the lower and add some sort of pro charger thingy and throw her on the track! Stupid woman!!!! :beer:
:rolleyes:

Does your new MM have a diesel engine? That answers your question.

Motorhead350
08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
So it's race car bottom line.

Whatever, enjoy.

RacerX
08-04-2009, 09:23 PM
C'mon! Throw the regular rims/tires back on her, throw her on the street and no one will know the diffence! It's not like a formula one car that can't take a little bump in the road without scraping bottom. I guess it depends on everyone's definition of what a race car is. My question to answer this: Is it state inspectible and legal to drive? PERIOD!

martyo
08-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Marty - Congrats:D
It's nice to hear from you.
We miss you in New York.
Glad to see all is well.

John, How are you? Your lovely wife? My trunk organizer?

Send me pizza, please!!!!!!

juno
08-05-2009, 04:48 AM

:beer:

Short and sweet.

cruzer
08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
I was # 92 0n Marauder.net---I have known Marty since 2002--I have been following the development of the Marauder since 1995. I personally know Steve Babcock, the project manager of the Mercury team that designed, built, tested and set up the production of the Marauder. I have a copy of the original press release for the Marauder. The Marauder was the "first muscle car of the 21st Century" It's whole reason for being was to build a platform that could lead the industry in a new generation of "muscle cars---1960s-70s high powered fast cars developed from a stock production car". Soooooo, my young friend, all Marty has done is carry the original plan for the Marauder to a very high level--as have hundreds of Marauder owners before you have done--this whole net was built on the exchange of information allowing us to get the best out of our cars. A Mercury Marauder is a Mercury Marauder whether it is driven 50 or 50,000 miles per year--that is for the owner to decide. The thing that made this site the best on the internet was this free exchange of info without malicious actions allowed. If you cannot accept this fact, you don't belong here, even if you own 50 Marauders--if you think you are going to go thru life making people agree with you or else, you are going to be a VERY lonesome old man. I'll take my 102,000 mile ORIGINAL daily Marauder and get great pleasure in enjoying what my fellow owners have done and cherishing all the life-long friends I have made here. You are a young man who has some serious decisions to make about how you are going to live your life---your actions here indicate an immaturity that must be addressed if you plan on continuing to be accepted by mature car enthusiasts. Don't take the effort to flame me--I have 4 children, 3 grandchildren and a great grendkid---so don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about---age has its perks. I would like it if you could learn to direct your youthful enthusiasm to happier and more productive things. Good Luck in whatever you decide to do with your life--I BELIEVE YOU HAVE GREAT POTENTIAL--JUST USE IT WELL. Maury

Mongoose
08-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Congrats Marty!!!:beer:
As for Dom:

If it's a street car than I stand corrected, but I see a trailer. Was it trailered to the track? I didn't see Marty deny what I am assuming of his car. It can be a street car you say? Ok great, is it a street car? Does it see 12,000 new miles on it a year or does it stay in the garage and only sees the street when it's riding down the street on a trailer? No one has really answered my question.

Most definitions of a street car these days mean it's legal to drive. The turning siginals work, the license plate it up to date... exc. It looks like Martys car has all that it takes to legally be a street car, but is it a street car or does it sit all the time and travils by trailer?

I am awaiting an answer.
If you've never raced a street/strip car, you probably have no clue as to the amount of preparation involved prior to racing, eg: changing the rear street tires over to slicks (making the car TEMPORARILY ILLEGAL FOR THE STREET), changing the fronts over to skinnies, uncapping the exhaust (also making the car TEMPORARILY ILLEGAL FOR THE STREET), getting fuel level to the proper amount, adjusting the suspension for maximum performance on the track (not ride on the street), keeping the engine and tranny at a constant temp along with the tires, and more, all for the sake of consistency on the track. It's a lot easier to do all this ahead of time and trailer a car to the track than to try and do it while at the track. I'd draw you a picture but I spilled kerosene all over my crayons.:rolleyes:

Sorry to pollute your thread more than it already is Marty.
See'ya in the NINES!!:bows:

juno
08-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Very well said Maury!

And Maury invented one of the best MM Mods (Cruzer Armrest) :beer:

Krytin
08-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Send me pizza, please!!!!!!

Lets see.....
I found a place that would overnight NY Bagels and sent them to my daughter in San Diego last year.
How to get NY pizza to Marty?
If we use Marty's car and run a heat exchanger off of the exhaust and put it in the trunk, EasyPass for the tolls.....:banana:

:beer:

Motorhead350
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I am aware with what it takes to make a car as fast as Martys, but I wouldn't say I know half of it... maybe less than that. I have never had the pleasure of driving a ten second car, but I did drive an 11 second car. Now that it's been explained a little better I get the point, but still do not like race cars.

Every car serves a purpose, but when it's hardly used I just don't agree with it so to say, even if it's a world record. I didn't mean to sound insulting or even offencive towards Marty or his car, but it looks like it was taken that way. If I was misunderstood I am sorry.

Just because I don't agree with the use of the car doesn't mean I will want others think my way. I did that a lot as a teenager and I spent a lot of time alone because of it... you were right about that Maury. I must say the group shot looks like a classic picture that should be framed somewhere or belongs in Hot Rod magizine.

Well have fun with the car I guess and congrads on the record.

See you in Nov.

As for the Kerosene everytime you guys bring it up I look back and laugh to this day. :lol:

Bluerauder
08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
As for the Kerosene everytime you guys bring it up I look back and laugh to this day. :lol:

So do we. :lol:

knine
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Marty, congratulations are in order on sooooooooooooooo :rolleyes: many levels! Way to go :2thumbs:

MarauderTJA
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
very well said maury!

I agree - absolutely well said....

LANDY
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
that is one sick car period, love it, its a great acomplishment.
now, lets kick some impala's butt. FORD. not Obama Motors

Gryphonzus
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Fine accomplishment keep up the good work. I wish I could do half of what Marty has done. Hope to see you in the 9's soon.:banana2:

Ms. Denmark
08-06-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm a little late to this party but WOW! Impressive accomplishment and the 9's can't be far behind! For the rest of us with Marauders, it's fun to live vicariously!!:burnout:

Raudermaster
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Congrats on the long awaited run Marty! I hope to see your car along with a few other's in the 9's hopefully.

RWR
08-10-2009, 07:49 AM
That car is simply amazing! Great job. the sound is simply intoxicating.

-Matt-
08-14-2009, 10:14 AM
awesome run marty!