PDA

View Full Version : New From Birmingham

dibblejr
08-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Its great to find a site that has a vast knowledge of MM and CVPI's. I am totally new to Ford and want to eventually complete a full MM swap in my CVPI.

I recently retired from the Army after 25 years and needed a more comfortable ride than my Subaru's so here I am.

Well soon after registerring I purchased some MM leather seats to update my 03 CVPI from a former member, there was some issues with the wiring and he informed me to get on here and ask some of you for some assistance with figuring it all out.

We was able to manually move the seat with a socket so that it wouldnt be so close to the steering wheel and I know I can buy the switch but I have the passenger seat which is fully reclined to contend with first.

I will post my questions later.

Just wanted to introduce myself a little.

Site looks great.

Jay-R

SC Cheesehead
08-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey welcome aboard!

CBT
08-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome, but why not just buy a Marauder?:dunno:

Bluerauder
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Welcome, but why not just buy a Marauder?:dunno:

Welcome to the MM.Net, Jay R. :welcome1: It might be cheaper and easier to consider CBT's recommendation and just go get a Marauder instead of trying to clone one.

dibblejr
08-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Being retired from the Army and on a budget. (Gotta start somewhere, after being up in Fort drum, NY for the past 6 years and needing 4WD/ AWD to get around)

I got my Crown Vic from auction. I didnt know anything about the MM until I purchased some new cloth seats from a gentleman in GA and he had one. I'm not trying to clone the entire car, just trying to retrofit the seats and controllers.

Also I got to meet a really nice gentleman in Indianna yesterday that has 2 MM's of which one is Supercharged, so I may have gotten the itch to swap a motor. (he sold me the seats)

Thanks for the welcomes.

Jay-R

BhamMarauder
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome!!!

LIGHTNIN1
08-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome and I'm sure you're ready for retirement.:party:

CBT
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Right on, understandable. After I posted I thought "Well maybe he is building a sleeper: CV body, Marauder interior and internals..."
p.s., I hope it didn't sound rude, I was stating a fact that breaks my heart to admit, Marauders can be bought quit low nowadays.:(

Being retired from the Army and on a budget. (Gotta start somewhere, after being up in Fort drum, NY for the past 6 years and needing 4WD/ AWD to get around)

I got my Crown Vic from auction. I didnt know anything about the MM until I purchased some new cloth seats from a gentleman in GA and he had one. I'm not trying to clone the entire car, just trying to retrofit the seats and controllers.

Also I got to meet a really nice gentleman in Indianna yesterday that has 2 MM's of which one is Supercharged, so I may have gotten the itch to swap a motor. (he sold me the seats)

Thanks for the welcomes.

Jay-R

jgc61sr2002
08-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Jay-R - Welcome aboard.:D

CWright
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Welcome aboard. I am over in Rome, Georgia. I was in similar situation you are in with a CV. Had an 05 CVPI. Awesome car with a lot of power. Did some changing around with appearance to look like MM. It can get pricey but I still enjoyed having the project. Now I have sold that car (CV) and have a MM 300A. Just order supercharger kit from Dennis Reinhart. If you have any performanc questions or wants I would call him. There are many out here who are very much qualified but I have just delt with him and trust him only with my car. Good luck and welcome!:beer:

dibblejr
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
CBT- No problems

Everyone else thanks again for the welcomes. I have been pointed in a couple good directions as far as a sleeper CV and have now been told twice about the SC kit. Eventually that will come, just working on making the ride more comfy for the DD drives and the long road trips to all over the states for family visits.

Who knows once the retirement thing settles in and I am used to how it all works I may join the MM ownership club.

TIA for all the help I receive.

Jay-R

Donny Carlson
08-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Both you and BhamMarauder need to come out to some local car shows. Not only do you get to hang out with me (which, now that I think about it, could be a drawback), but there's a pretty impressive collection of cars owned in this area.

Next big show is August 18th in Trussville. You two guys should come. I can give you location, time, just shoot me a PM.

dibblejr
08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
^^ When I was a recruiter I lived in Trussville, where and what time?

Jay-R