PDA

View Full Version : If interested and have ceramic coated headers

LeoVampire
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Summit Racing has this to use for polishing your headers. Did some checking on it and read a bunch of testimonials seems to be the real deal.
I just ordered it for my headers because the cleaning stuff I was told to use to get the anti-sieze off of them before I started the car spoted the headers up pretty bad.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cci-cghp6_w.jpg

Car Chemistry CGHP6 - Car Chemistry Cerma-Glow Metallic Ceramic Header Polish

It's only $11.95

Thought you guys might want to know about it. I will post before and after pictures once I have it and do it! I plan to use the Mothers wheel polishing tool on my drill to make it easier.

scoutrjp
08-04-2009, 02:08 PM
sounds great. Keep us posted.

LeoVampire
08-04-2009, 02:40 PM
sounds great. Keep us posted.

I will post a pic of them before I start and after it is done because I have no doubt in my mind there will be a big difference because the cleaner I used on the header's spoted them up pretty bad look's like there are covered in hard water spot's right now.

SW said to use Power Purple to get the anti-sieze off of them and that is why I need to repolish them in the first place.

LeoVampire
08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
here is why I needed to find this stuff after cleaning them at the end of the install.

ImpalaSlayer
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
dang how much antisieze did you put on that it went every where? LOL hope that **** comes off!

fastblackmerc
08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Don't know why your so concerned with the headers... just of the engine looks like a$$..... :shake:

bob6364
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Harsh........

gmtech
08-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Harsh........

x2....maybe because he just dropped 2K for those headers

in2deep
08-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Brake cleaner would have been just fine :rolleyes:

LeoVampire
08-05-2009, 07:35 AM
dang how much antisieze did you put on that it went every where? LOL hope that **** comes off!

One of the guys at SW said to use the Purple Power cleaner they sell at AutoZone to clean the anti-sieze off of them and the cleaner is what made them look like that.

LeoVampire
08-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Don't know why your so concerned with the headers... just of the engine looks like a$$..... :shake:

But unfortunatly New England weather has a way of messing things up when you don't have a garage to keep the car in when not in use for the winter.

Besides give a guy some time have plan's to do something special on a lot of the engine parts that should make it pop pretty good. Just want all of the part's for the car that I planed to put on her this year first. Then the dress up work.

cougar9150
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice gonna try this on my Kooks. Good find. :up:

LeoVampire
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Nice gonna try this on my Kooks. Good find. :up:

I should have pic's posted soon of the before and after look together so every one can see the end result's. The thing I like is it is made to with stand high heat so there is no burning look from the polish when the car is running unlike most metal polish's

LeoVampire
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
This is a picture of the driver's side header before the first polish aplication.

And now an after look with just one light aplication of the polish.

I will be doing a second coat tomarrow so I am sure they will look even better then. Just ran out of light outside do get everythig done and wanted to take her for a run after being out of action for 8 days.