PDA

View Full Version : Met a newbie

Bradley G
08-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Had a race day this past Sunday at Byron, just a test and tune.
Saw a 2004 silver MM in the staging lanes abandoned, I checked it out closer, 89 clicks, clean flint interior.
Then a while later, a younger guy early 20's approaches me sitting in my car and he identifies himself as the owner of the silver MM.
I asked him how he runs and he said, he only has had the car a couple weeks.
I smiled and thought to myself, I like this kid!:D
He asked how much I gain removing the driver side headlamp.
I told him, "about a tenth"
He asked me a few questions about launching the car and I did my best to pass on my 1320 tips .
It seemed to work his first pass was 15.4 and after the tips he bettered his first run.
His second pass was 15.0@ 97.XX bone stock it was also 84* & humid , I had to high five him on that one!
Then he askes me if I can help him take out the drivers side headlamp, He wants 14's :bows:
Well, he did not get a 14, I do not remember what it was, but he did a nice job representing the Marauder community.
I had ten runs, best of the day (one off) 13.3
three shots @ 1.9 60' on wagon wheels 255 55 18
My favorite race was against an White 1964 Chevy Impala SS Conv 496
it is owned by a old Basketball buddy of mine.
I tree'd him to 60' .054 to .115 and that was all of my surprises, he went the best of the day 12.95 @ 105 to my 13.5 @ 100
I got sun burned and had to leave for more fuel.
I'm glad I headed back for a few more runs that SS was a blast to run nearly next to.

justbob
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Sounds like fun Brad! Small chance I might join yous trouble makers on the 19th.

hamcheese
08-09-2009, 08:00 AM
I want to go to the track when I get some leave, Ill only have catback exhaust, and JLT intake, tuner, and suspension. I just get this warm feeling when look at the pics of my marauder(My Mauader; just saying that:):o).
CANT WAIT!:director: