PDA

View Full Version : Problem # 2, Coolant Leak... Help

wrc7732
08-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Okay. So I posted about my alternator issue already. Still working on that one.

So I recently completed a Cobra Eaton Conversion and finally fired her up last night for the first time in 4 long weekends.

So after running the car for a few minutes last night, I realized that I have a coolant leak. The coolant is coming out of the bottom of the bell housing. So I figured it must be that pipe, that runs out of the back of the water pump and through the valley, leaking and then the coolant running out of the drain hole and into the bell housing and dripping out of the bottom. To get the Lower intake of the Supercharger to fit I had to grind down the 2 threaded bosses in the valley and hammer down the pipe a little bit.

Anyway, I took the supercharger assembly out this afternoon, Intake and all, and I can see coolant accumulated in the bottom of the valley, but I can't make out where it came from. The pipe doesn't have any obvious leaks that I can see from the top. How do I remove this hard line so that I can get a look at the bottom side and make sure that I didn't rupture the bottom side of it???? I'm also not sure if the intake is seating all the way on the gaskets. Of course I thought it was, and the car started and seemed to idle fine. But I'm not 100% certain that it was sealing as well as it needs to to stop leaks.

Anyone have any thoughts?? I really dont want to put it all back together until I figure out where the coolant leak is coming from....

Will

Blackened300a
08-09-2009, 05:01 PM
When I did my lower intake swap I had a coolant leak coming from the crossover tubes. I had to move them a little to wiggle the intake out and quite a bit leaked into the valley and into the bell housing drain hole. Once I had it all together I had no more leaks.

MM_BKK
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I believe that pipe can be pulled off with a little massaging after unbolting its bracket. I put Permatex on mine on top of the o-rings before putting it back on because I did not want to have to go back to it after I got everything put together.

wrc7732
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I'll pull it off and check it out. What would be the best way for me to check and make sure that the lower intake is seating all the way against the heads/head gaskets???