PDA

View Full Version : Trans Tanks behind Trilogy

Bradley G
08-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I got a call yesterday from my pal that bought Rider90's MM.
HE said he was on his way to see the local cruise night and chanced upon a GTO that was lookin' to eat a Marauder.
I lost interest in the race story when he said the trans is gone.
He thinks it is the forward clutches that are causing the car to feel like it is not in gear.
This car has 50K is an 2004.
What upgrades are suggested on a stock trans for rebuilding?
I don't think the fluid was ever changed, might have some impact on the failure?

juno
08-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Contact Darrin!!! bc-automotive dot com

in2deep
08-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Stock rebuild with a J-Mod.
Will live forever.

DOOM
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Im going to have my stock trans rebuilt (just like cheeseheadbob) at muscle car garage here in maryland.

Basically what in2deep just said. :up:

Blackened300a
08-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Will live forever.

Thats what I have and Im very confident in my tranny lasting.

RR|Suki
08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Will live forever.

I dunno about that in a blower car, that was tried on my car... lets just say it didn't last

cassidy
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
two words - DENNIS REINHART !!!

DOOM
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I dunno about that in a blower car, that was tried on my car... lets just say it didn't last

So what did you end up going with?

RR|Suki
08-14-2009, 09:37 AM
So what did you end up going with?
I'm not a trans guy so I can't name every little thing changed in there but if memory serves cf OD band, hardened or billet or whatever they are -maybe both- input shaft (stock one snapped), better clutches that's all I can remember. We'll see how long it lasts :lol:

in2deep
08-14-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm not a trans guy so I can't name every little thing changed in there but if memory serves cf OD band, hardened or billet or whatever they are -maybe both- input shaft (stock one snapped), better clutches that's all I can remember. We'll see how long it lasts :lol:

The problem is, people think that 'Stock' line pressure is good when the J-Mod is done.
WRONG.

More pressure = Trans lives Long Time

RR|Suki
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
The problem is, people think that 'Stock' line pressure is good when the J-Mod is done.
WRONG.

More pressure = Trans lives Long Time

Been there done that ;) didn't save the trans

in2deep
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Ive heard excellent things about DRC Transmissions in Elk Grove Village.

merc
08-14-2009, 10:06 AM

Join the crowed that have snapped the input shaft and spiral snap ring.

RR|Suki
08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Join the crowed that have snapped the input shaft and spiral snap ring.

It's cuz we drive black cars... wait there's a joke there :banana:

PS how do you like your trans? I'm not 100% confident my trans will last, might as well plan ahead lol

merc
08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
It's cuz we drive black cars... wait there's a joke there :banana:

PS how do you like your trans? I'm not 100% confident my trans will last, might as well plan ahead lol

I will send you a e-mail on what I think in November. My racing season starts on Aug 22nd. With new widen 16' wheels I am going to try my old standard M/T ET Streets. Then switch to a sticker race slick using Hoosiers in October. I don't know what I will brake first, the transmission or the rear axles. So far everything seems good. If the trans doesn't hold I am selling it and going with a TH400 in the winter and a bottle of NOS.

Contact Darrin!!! bc-automotive dot com

The best advice.

hot-rauder
08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
two words - DENNIS REINHART !!!

:up: oh my yes!! who else is greater! :rolleyes: :bs::bs:

ImpalaSlayer
08-14-2009, 11:51 AM
:up: oh my yes!! who else is greater! :rolleyes: :bs::bs:

i actually lol'd :laugh:

but i said i wont do it any more so ill stop now

offroadkarter