PDA

View Full Version : Race to the NA 12's ---OVER

Glenn
08-14-2009, 08:07 AM
The race to the NA 12's is offically over due to lack of interest. I will not goat or say, "I told you so", we will just let this excerise in extreme keyboard bench racing quitely pass into history.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Paul T. Casey
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Aww Glenn, I was going to do it at Steele come Sunday. Guess I'll just have to run 14's instead.

ImpalaSlayer
08-14-2009, 08:25 AM
says who? there are still people here that are going to try. this isnt to make you happy, we dont care what you think about it. its a fun goal to try and achieve

DOOM
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
:popcorn:

__

Blackened300a
08-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Seriously WTF? We have til the end of the year and I recall another 4 months left in 2009. :argue:

CBT
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Reminds me of an old saying:
There are only 2 kinds of people in this world; People who kick you when you're on the ground, and the *******s who put you on the ground to begin with.

ImpalaSlayer
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
guess he feels like he won because i bought pieces for a supercharger set up :rolleyes:

SID210SA
08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Rome wasnt built in a day....or a year for that matter....he knows it will happen...thats why he is recinding his offer.....as I recall there was no time limit when he first put up the offer...but hey...its his money and he can do what he wants....if I had the cash to do it, I would have been trying to get to the 12's my self. But I have bigger priorities than my Marauder and getting to the 12's....and I am not trying to knock you for pulling your 100.00 bucks...just call them as I see them...

Egon Spengler
08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
That is EXACTLY what ran through my head when I was reading this! haha

guess he feels like he won because i bought pieces for a supercharger set up :rolleyes:

Phrog_gunner
08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Who made a trilogy guy the OFFICIAL who can cancel a race hes not a part of??

sd8683
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Glenn, for something that's supposedly a lost cause and will "never" happen, why put a time limit? Not that I care about the money even a little bit! I just find that a little curious.

martyo
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Settle down guys.

Glenn is a GREAT guy.

Rather than jumping him, why not discuss it with her first????

Krytin
08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
It looks more like Glenn likes to stir the pot once in a while just to see what everyone is up to.
He knows as well as everyone else that the NA cars are not going to waste much gas at the track when it's hot!
I see these posts like this as a "kick in the pants" to see who's still in the running.
I really wouldn't take much offence at what he's doing.

sd8683
08-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Settle down guys.

Glenn is a GREAT guy.

Its been discussed extensively, Glenn will start a new thread or dig an old one up every other month or so, saying how 12's N/A will never happen, I think he believes he has some kind of authority because he has $100 on the line, but I don't care about the money and I don't think the others do either, so your deadline means nothing to me Glenn.

in2deep
08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Settle down guys.

Glenn is a GREAT guy.

Her?????? :eek:

martyo
08-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Her?????? :eek:

Typo.

Mea culpe.

DOOM
08-14-2009, 09:55 AM
It looks more like Glenn likes to stir the pot once in a while just to see what everyone is up to.
He knows as well as everyone else that the NA cars are not going to waste much gas at the track when it's hot!
I see these posts like this as a "kick in the pants" to see who's still in the running.
I really wouldn't take much offence at what he's doing.

What ^^^ he ^^^ said.

ImpalaSlayer
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
if it is he sure knows how to do it!

DOOM
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
He's just pushing your button guys.

Eric-Blk2004
08-14-2009, 12:47 PM
It can be done if you have the money its not rocket science

It just comes down to who wants to spend the money. I mean you could build the heads and intake and cams to make whatever power you want, they did it before Forced Induction.

RR|Suki
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
It can be done if you have the money its not rocket science

It just comes down to who wants to spend the money. I mean you could build the heads and intake and cams to make whatever power you want, they did it before Forced Induction.

The kicker was the big talk was about not needing to get into the engine and this and that and the other and not everyone wanting to spend the money on a blower etc... head job and cams is a vortech kit :D
The older members did point out that it could be done, but you'd need to spend the big money and do the things you are talking about, so that's a whole different deal. :D

Joe Walsh
08-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Glenn....in answer to the title of this thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI&feature=related

03calitejas
08-14-2009, 02:43 PM
It's not rocket science. The car isn't that heavy compared to older muscle cars and it's a nice problem to ponder regardless if someone is waving around a c-note like its all that important.

I'll be in line to congratulate the first 12 sec NA car builder and I'll buy them a cold beer or whatever frosty beverage they choose. My priorities are playing with the family getting them to enjoy drag racing or autocrossing or simply cross coutry driving in the 4000lb black leather jacket. Eventually I think mine will run 12's and I'll try to get there without a blower or juice.

No disrespect meant to the forced induction folks- I just don't have the 6 grand laying around all at one time for a blower or turbo set up...and I'm scared to go with juice as I've had 2 friends toast expensive motors hitting them with nitrous...

Krytin
08-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Glenn....in answer to the title of this thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI&feature=related

Now THAT was good!
I never laughed harder at a movie then when I first watched that one!

offroadkarter
08-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Settle down guys.

Glenn is a GREAT guy.

http://iplayalot.com/gifs/OhSnap.gif

babbage
08-15-2009, 09:17 PM
The race to the NA 12's is offically over due to lack of interest. I will not goat or say, "I told you so", we will just let this excerise in extreme keyboard bench racing quitely pass into history.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Well at least he a man of his word. :rolleyes:

Glenn don't worry about loosing face. You're not that impressive to start with! :D

LANDY
08-15-2009, 09:51 PM
:lol:
Well at least he a man of his word. :rolleyes:

Glenn don't worry about loosing face. You're not that impressive to start with! :D
intese:lol:

Vortech347
08-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Thats it....I'm taking my ball and going home....

hahahha

FormulaMarauder
08-15-2009, 11:31 PM
My car NA ran 13.6 on bald stock tires pulling crazy slow 60' times of 2.20. If I threw in a Torque Convertor, drag radials, and race gas tune, it could have probably gotten there. I really hope someone does it. Not just to shut Glenn up, but just to hit a new pinnacle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_jwVogGkQ

martyo
08-16-2009, 12:24 AM
My car NA ran 13.6 on bald stock tires pulling crazy slow 60' times of 2.20. If I threw in a Torque Convertor, drag radials, and race gas tune, it could have probably gotten there. I really hope someone does it. Not just to shut Glenn up, but just to hit a new pinnacle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_jwVogGkQ

Bad 60 foot or not, .61 is a lot to make up with these cars.

FormulaMarauder
08-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Agreed but you think that a TC, race gas tune, drag radials in 16" (4.30) can't erase .61? I think it would be RIGHT around the point. Add a NAZ intake (still questionable results as of now), and it can very well be attaineable.

martyo
08-16-2009, 04:07 AM
drag radials in 16" (4.30)

I think that if you think that you will just roll up to the line and make that number you may be dissapointed.

That combo alone may have you running out of gear before the 1,320 mark.

I could be wrong though.

After being at this crap for over 5 years, I would love to see an NA 12's, that is for sure.

Paul T. Casey
08-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Agreed but you think that a TC, race gas tune, drag radials in 16" (4.30) can't erase .61? I think it would be RIGHT around the point. Add a NAZ intake (still questionable results as of now), and it can very well be attaineable.

The big problem is that at 13.6 you've about run out of all the big gainer mods. I still figure you can get deep into the 12's N/A with some cam and intake (Naz?) work, but the rules were against the cam change. Some of my wilder buddies are turning 8500 rpms on these motors pretty regularly (although not in Marauders) with few problems. Not really a daily driver, but they still run the roads with them.

RR|Suki
08-16-2009, 07:31 AM

Especially with that MPH
Also without power 4.30s and 16" DRs on there might make it hit a wall in the 60' cuz you won't have enough power for the amount of gear you've now put in it...